Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Serus

Arcane
Patron
The game cannot be bought in the new currencies that Steam has added recently. As I understand it - this is something that authors/sellers should concern themselves about, in this case the Man (sorry, the Neanderthal) Himself. However because Cleve is no longer active lately it seems, there is no chance for it to be fixed soon ?
And yes - I haven't bought it yet, I was waiting for bug fixes, manual and the game being finally finished (more or less) - silly me. But now i can't even buy it on Steam if I wanted to. At least without changing to a different zone with currency that Grimoire has a price in.

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Less edgy and more realistic theory is that the man* has bipolar disorder. Which means that after a period of high activity he will now go into several months of apathy and depression. Hopefully after that he will return working on Grimoire with double amount of energy again.
Or start doing other unrelated things.

*damn, this error again, i meant the neanderthal.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
How is "muh balinse" work coming along?

And wasn't there something else promised to come out in August... what was it?

Dorateen

Arcane
Per the Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar steam store page, I am nominating this game for

THE STEAM AWARDS

Just had a chance to log into steam. Voted Grimoire for

"The No Apologies" award

Last edited:

Iznaliu

Arbiter
If Cleve wants a nomination he needs a 75% discount.

I think he would rather work for Bethesda than do that; Grimoire is his (golden) baby, and that implies that it's less than stellar (he clearly isn't aware of the realities of the modern gaming market where even good games get heavily discounted)

Biggus

Scholar
If Cleve wants a nomination he needs a 75% discount.

I think he would rather work for Bethesda than do that; Grimoire is his (golden) baby, and that implies that it's less than stellar (he clearly isn't aware of the realities of the modern gaming market where even good games get heavily discounted)

Put another way, what this says is that bad games don't, which explains it nicely :)

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Originally posted by hal9000:
Understand that Cleve has some kind of communication problem. You have to take his answers in the completely literal sense, and he cannot infer or add anything that common sense would normally provide. IIRC this is typical of autism. Cursed items are useless, because as long as they are equipped they will drain health. When Cleve says it removes the "Curse" condition, that is technically true: the character sheet will not have the status condition any more. But what he doesn't tell you, and what you need to know, is the health drain will still be in effect. All his answers are like this: leaving out the part you most want/need to know.
It's actually typical of Aspergers Syndrome, a brain/body architecture that has nothing to do with autism at all. Which was Hans Aspergers whole point.

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 2 hours ago
People with Aspergers have much larger brains and far larger and better developed Corpus Callosum, meaning their executive lobe is monitoring their speech for accuracy in real time.

EMR and CT scans show far more efficient and extensive cooperation between both brain hemispheres when speaking in addition to more activity in the occipitals.

Autism is at the other end of the human spectrum. So called "normal" people are closer to autism in brain structure and electrical profiles than people with Aspergers Syndrome. It's a mistake in diagnosis to be expected if you are half-autistic yourselves.

Remember, autism always means less, not more, brain activity. Aspergers always means more, not less. Pretty easy to recognize.

https://spark.adobe.com/page/IQ29y7pI39HUK/images/8445cc35-1c60-422e-9dee-5a134586920d.jpg?asset_id=26e9d73d-197d-4fd6-b33f-c47726964781&img_etag=1b621eca59fabeed8869f0d34a549347&size=1024

Notice they threw you a little bone there to avoid hurting your feelings. "When faced with a problem, listens 10x better for somebody to tell him what to do about problem." COOL STORY SAPS.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
I see what Golden Era did there, the cunning bastards.

V2, The Grimoire Manuals. The end of November (also known as "Grimoire Daily Update Month" among old school connaisseurs). Christmas.

BUT......................

WHICH YEAR?

mondblut

Arcane
Cursed items are useless, because as long as they are equipped they will drain health. When Cleve says it removes the "Curse" condition, that is technically true: the character sheet will not have the status condition any more. But what he doesn't tell you, and what you need to know, is the health drain will still be in effect. All his answers are like this: leaving out the part you most want/need to know.

Have you people even played RPGs before, ffs?

When you equip a "cursed" item, it sticks and you cannot unequip it. When you cast remove curse, you don't magically turn a cursed item into a useful one, you are now allowed to unequip it. Since 1976, in every single RPG that comes with cursed items. WTF?

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Not to mention cursed items in Grimoire can be used once you find other items that regenerate health at the same rate.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Nominated Grimoire for Steam's No Apologies award (twice, American-style)!

tumblr_ou5qzjwG3C1rxmn3vo1_400.png

Last edited:
Unwanted

tmux

Unwanted
Step right up people, Grimoire: Round 2 is about to begin! This way to the IndieGoGo ponzi scheme fund for the Grimoire: Heralds of the Winged Exemplar: The Official Expansion Pack!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom