Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Delterius

Arcane
EDIT: But see Wael in JS example... They already have a list of spells. Just make them stronger instead of giving me more.
Oh but that's the thing, unlike the divine punishment of Magran's or Eothas' healing those are all Wizard spells. Without the new system a Priest wouldn't have access to those spells at all.

Sentinel

Arcane

aleluia.jpg

I see the party is still telepathically linked and perfectly syncs up their movements like in the YMCA music video.

HollyhockGod

Novice
I see the party is still telepathically linked and perfectly syncs up their movements like in the YMCA music video.
I see we have started scraping the bottom of the barrel for complaints.
Isn't it bad enough people made Obsidian spend actual resources on a walk button people will use barely 0.4% of the time?

Jezal_k23

That's true. I'll probably never use the walk button. Generally, I'd rather my characters go faster...

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
EDIT: But see Wael in JS example... They already have a list of spells. Just make them stronger instead of giving me more.
Oh but that's the thing, unlike the divine punishment of Magran's or Eothas' healing those are all Wizard spells. Without the new system a Priest wouldn't have access to those spells at all.

Yeah, that make sense

Sentinel

Arcane
Isn't it bad enough people made Obsidian spend actual resources on a walk button people will use barely 0.4% of the time?
What's wrong with complaining about details they said they were going to fix?
I don't have the beta so what the fuck do you want me to complain about? All the sub humans on the obsidian forum asking for them to bring back the worthless class independent talents? Already complained about it. PoE's shit writing? Already complained about it. PoE's dull gameplay? Already complained about it. PoE's equally boring soundtrack? Already done. The departure of Eric? The shit dwarf models? The absence of good bosses? The shit HUD? Done.
Post with your real account you fucking faggot.

Last edited:

2house2fly

Magister
I don't have the beta so what the fuck do you want me to complain about? All the sub humans on the obsidian forum asking for them to bring back the worthless class independent talents? Already complained about it. PoE's shit writing? Already complained about it. PoE's dull gameplay? Already complained about it. PoE's equally boring soundtrack? Already done. The departure of Eric? The shit dwarf models? The absence of good bosses? The shit HUD? Done.
Eric Fenstermaker is actually writing Eder iirc

2house2fly

Magister
Wait why would you complain that the guy who wrote the story of the previous game left when you hated the story. Do you mean a different Eric?

E: Belated lol at "what do you want me to complain about"

HollyhockGod

Novice
I don't have the beta so what the fuck do you want me to complain about? All the sub humans on the obsidian forum asking for them to bring back the worthless class independent talents? Already complained about it. PoE's shit writing? Already complained about it. PoE's dull gameplay? Already complained about it. PoE's equally boring soundtrack? Already done. The departure of Eric? The shit dwarf models? The absence of good bosses? Done.
Alright dude, take it easy. I mean, if you want to complain about a feature that can barely even count as eye-candy in a beta stage of a game, whatever, have fun. Can't blame me for thinking that's somewhat stupid.
Also, this is my only account, I just barely posts here.

Sentinel

Arcane
Eric Fenstermaker is actually writing Eder iirc
I know and I'm glad.

Wait why would you complain that the guy who wrote the story of the previous game left when you hated the story. Do you mean a different Eric?

E: Belated lol at "what do you want me to complain about"
I didn't hate the story but I hated the novels on every NPC with 7 adjectives every 3 words. As Eric admitted, it lacked editing. Every conversation is exhausting at best. I actually liked Thaos and Lady Webb.
But even if I had hated the story, losing Eric is still not a good thing, as he designed the best questline in the game, and has shown himself to be a very good quest designer in FNV as well.

Sentinel

Arcane
I don't have the beta so what the fuck do you want me to complain about? All the sub humans on the obsidian forum asking for them to bring back the worthless class independent talents? Already complained about it. PoE's shit writing? Already complained about it. PoE's dull gameplay? Already complained about it. PoE's equally boring soundtrack? Already done. The departure of Eric? The shit dwarf models? The absence of good bosses? Done.
Alright dude, take it easy. I mean, if you want to complain about a feature that can barely even count as eye-candy in a beta stage of a game, whatever, have fun. Can't blame me for thinking that's somewhat stupid.
Also, this is my only account, I just barely posts here.
You're right man I'm sorry I'm gonna mail Sawyer & Co. a batch of flowers & swiss chocolate tomorrow when I get home + my apologies + a letter with a rainbow header about how all they do is perfect and they shouldn't change anything.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
A 20-year-old game still outclassing PoE even in small details.

One of the reasons this is the case, is that the 'random' delay before units start moving could very well have been put there to give the game time to wait for the pathfinding algorithm ... it was designed to run on a Pentium 2 after all :lol:

It reminds me a lot of how a lot of the stuff that is bad/weird/buggy from Starcraft due to technical limitations actually makes for much better gameplay

2house2fly

Magister
But even if I had hated the story, losing Eric is still not a good thing, as he designed the best questline in the game, and has shown himself to be a very good quest designer in FNV as well.
Yeah, definitely. I'm not really that bothered about Obsidian making a "New Vegas 2" any more, because of all the people responsible for my favourite bits only Sawyer is left, and he's on Pillars full-time

Cross

Arcane
I didn't hate the story but I hated the novels on every NPC with 7 adjectives every 3 words. As Eric admitted, it lacked editing.
PoE's story needed far more than editing to be compelling. Its basic premise and themes are underdeveloped to the point of almost being incoherent.

Besides, lacking in editing is something that could be said for almost every cRPG story ever written. Outside of big triple-A titles, very few games can afford to dedicate serious time and manpower to doing editing passes, especially when it comes to RPG's, which tend to have far more writing than other types of games.

losing Eric is still not a good thing, as he designed the best questline in the game
What quest line would that be?

Sentinel

Arcane
What quest line would that be?
Lord of a Barren Land

Besides, lacking in editing is something that could be said for almost every cRPG story ever written. Outside of big triple-A titles, very few games can afford to dedicate serious time and manpower to doing editing passes, especially when it comes to RPG's, which tend to have far more writing than other types of games.
You don't really need a dedicated editor. People with practice/good writers can immediately recognize when they're throwing too many words into what should be a simple sentence. You can also self-edit your own texts after writing if you have the time.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anyone tested the active skills yet? Alchemy, Sleight of Hand, Explosives, etc.?

Maculo

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anyone tested the active skills yet? Alchemy, Sleight of Hand, Explosives, etc.?
I will create a rogue and look into it, although the crafting button seemed to have been moved.

Edit: I could not test alchemy or explosives, because I could not find the crafting button. On the tool-tip for explosives, it states that the stronger the explosive, the more risk of a "mishap."

As for sleight of hand, the toolkit states that you can, "plant evidence (or worse) on an enemy." I believe that implies you can plant explosives on enemies. From what NPCs I could pickpocket from, I mainly got money or crafting supplies (which I cannot do anything with). Some of the quests NPCs or vendors were impossible for me to pickpocket, because they were surrounded by other NPCs that have both a visual arc and circular noise/detection perimeters. Once you have a higher stealth score, I presume you can pickpocket those harder stealth situations.

Edit2: I randomly decided to massacre the village (for humanity!...). Compared to killing the monsters, it was very easy. After I killed everyone I released the fishmen from the cage and there is a short cutscene where you seem them run to the ocean. I wonder if there is a quest line where you save/free the fishmen to the detriment of the village. One humorous part is that I lost reputation for freeing the fishmen, but I did not lose any reputation for slaying the Chieftain, the Priestess, and everyone else.

Last edited:

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
I will create a rogue and look into it, although the crafting button seemed to have been moved.

Edit: I could not test alchemy or explosives, because I could not find the crafting button. On the tool-tip for explosives, it states that the stronger the explosive, the more risk of a "mishap."

As for sleight of hand, the toolkit states that you can, "plant evidence (or worse) on an enemy." I believe that implies you can plant explosives on enemies. From what NPCs I could pickpocket from, I mainly got money or crafting supplies (which I cannot do anything with). Some of the quests NPCs or vendors were impossible for me to pickpocket, because they were surrounded by other NPCs that have both a visual arc and circular noise/detection perimeters. Once you have a higher stealth score, I presume you can pickpocket those harder stealth situations.

Edit2: I randomly decided to massacre the village (for humanity!...). Compared to killing the monsters, it was very easy. After I killed everyone I released the fishmen from the cage and there is a short cutscene where you seem them run to the ocean. I wonder if there is a quest line where you save/free the fishmen to the detriment of the village. One humorous part is that I lost reputation for freeing the fishmen, but I did not lose any reputation for slaying the Chieftain, the Priestess, and everyone else.
Cant lose rep with a dead man

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom