Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What's your favourite modern RPG?

Vlajdermen

Arcane
To be more specific, from 2014 or newer. Feel free to name more than one if you can't pinpoint an exact favourite.

Bobby_Typhoon

Novice
Underrail, but it's also the only RPG I own that has been made since 2014. Unfortunately I burnt myself out around halfway through main quest line & am taking a break. My resolution is to get back into it & finish the damn thing.

NeoKino

RPGCodex Ninja
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Divinity Original Sin, that shit is coitus good. Decent plot, tons of C&C and fun campaign and mechanics.

With a difficulty mods and playing at the highest difficulty the gameplay mechanics really start to show their true colors.

PEACH

Arbiter
Grimoire
Age of Decadence / Dungeon Rats
Underrail
Shadowrun: Dragonfall

Goliath

Arcane
Zionist Agent

But that game is not even in my top 10. Really most RPGs I like were made before 2014.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
In any case: Pillars of Eternity, D:OS 1&2, Wasteland 2, Shadowrun: Dragonfall and since it was released in 2014, for me, Dead State

Falksi

Arcane
Underrail
The Technomancer (this game is massively underrated IMO. Very flawed, but very good)
A Bird Story (OK, it's a shit RPG but a good story. Worth an hour of your time)
Dark Souls 2 (My fave Souls game)
Deus Ex: MD (not amazing, but still good enough to be worth a play through)

imweasel

ELEX, D:OS 1, Shadowrun: Dragonfall, Lords of Xulima, Might & Magic X, Blackguards, Legend of Grimrock 2, Wasteland 2

They are all good, more or less.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Serpant in the Staglands (LOVE it but a bit too hard for me so playing it feels more like a job), Elex (come on its pretty much Gothic set in post ap), POE(only after both expansions and all patches), Expeditions Viking(Nice setting and music), Shadowruner Dragonfall DC.

ShadowSpectre

Arbiter
Age of Decadence and Shadowrun: Dragonfall. Notable mentions include Legend of Grimrock 2. Elex, and Pillars of Eternity (only patched + WM). I know some here don't really consider The Witcher 3 (+expansions) a true RPG, but that game is still excellent.

I can't comment on Underrail or Divinity: Original Sin (1/2) as I haven't played them yet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom