Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Looking for a nice crpg to play.

• Thread starter Mebrilia the Viera Queen
  • Start date

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I already own:
Baldur's gate all the saga,Icewind dale all the saga, Planescape Torment, Pillars of eternity,Avernum Series,Arcanum,Divinity original Sin one and two.

I am looking for a nice rpg with compelling lore and a nice story that is not afraid to dive even in mature themes. I am asking a suggestion guys since with all the flooding of rpgmaker anime style game on steam i am having an hard time to find something interesting.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I already have nwn2 and mask of the Betrayer i am curious about age of decadence tough also underrail sounds promising even if recently i am more in to dark fantasy.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Yes Fallout 1-2 sadly the blistering stupid 3 and 4 as well... i liked new vegas tough that on my opinion is the true fallout 3

Also Realms of Arkania HD i don't think will be good for me considering the codex review...

Elex i don't know much about it i will take a look.

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Try the new Shadowrun games. Not too heavyhanded but still ”nice” as per the topic title.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Already own Dragonfall and Honk Kong loved them a lot.
What i am looking for is an isometric rpg with character creation featuring an unforgiving setting rich on lores but also not shy to show mature content..

fobia

I wouldn't check out Elex unless you played Gothic I and II.
If you've already played them, I'd wait until you can get Elex on a sale. Or at least until DarthRoxor finishes his review.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

yes played gothic series tough even if i usually don't like much fixed protagonists in rpg's of course some of them are still interesting.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Ehhh sadly if i am going to list all the rpg i had... hehehe.. Yes i own bloodlines too even the more hack and slashy vampire redeption.

Bruma Hobo

Lurker
I am looking for a nice rpg with compelling lore and a nice story that is not afraid to dive even in mature themes.
Sounds like you have to give Morrowind a try.

Both Age of Decadence and Expeditions: Conquistador are nice if you're interested in more modern games, and if you're not afraid of oldies, you could also try the second Ultima trilogy (warning: U6 dives into severe leftist retardation).

laclongquan

Arcane
crpg huh? Feast yourself on the Russian greatness that Silent Storm, Silent Storm Sentinels, and Hammer & Sickle.

Or you can try the fake-Chinese rpg that is Prince of Qin. Story about the fake-dead crown prince of Qin empire travelling through the lands to avenge his family's massacre.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I own silent storm and silen storm sentinels as well pretty loving the distruction you can bring in thos game.... About Prince of Quin is the first time i see it.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

I am looking for a nice rpg with compelling lore and a nice story that is not afraid to dive even in mature themes.
Sounds like you have to give Morrowind a try.

Both Age of Decadence and Expeditions: Conquistador are nice if you're interested in more modern games, and if you're not afraid of oldies, you could also try the second Ultima trilogy (warning: U6 dives into severe leftist retardation).
Played morrowind and i still have it installed finished main quest and both the expansion... I also one of the people being able to finish daggerfall as well.... that was really hard mostly because the game breaking bugs you had to be lucky.

Mebrilia the Viera Queen

Temple of elemental evil is something i have still to get... I grow tired by D&D btw and i am kind of bored about forgotten realms.. I am more for dark sun or planescape settings.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom