Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So you really haven't played this game.
No, while I do have the game, due to the absolutely psychotic fanboi-ism, I won't be going anywhere near WESP's mod.
"I'll deliberately deprive myself of a brilliant game because I don't like 3 or 4 of its fans who posted here."

That'll show 'em!

gaussgunner

Arcane
Speaking of SCO, don't waste your time replying to his posts. If you ever said anything he didn't like, he won't see your reply.

safespace.png
= 300+ users on ignore

Maybe someone he's not ignoring could politely suggest that he clear his ignore list if he wants to participate in the conversation?

Not that I give a fuck. lol, typical modders.

Wesp5

Arcane
I think it should be disabled in everything but the power/phonelines.

Sadly this isn't possible because it is turned on via a console command. Either all move_rope entities wiggle or none do! Outside it's normally fine, but I disabled it in some inside maps when lamp cables or similar were behaving just too strange...

Wesp5

Arcane
I know your answers are supposed to be funny ;), but for anyone really really wondering nothing more is changed than the gender of your sire in the intro cutscenes. And you won't be able to have sex with Jeanette and Romero if you are not into it :)...

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think it should be disabled in everything but the power/phonelines.

Sadly this isn't possible because it is turned on via a console command. Either all move_rope entities wiggle or none do! Outside it's normally fine, but I disabled it in some inside maps when lamp cables or similar were behaving just too strange...
Is it possible to disable the command on map exit generally, so you don't have to disable it on the rest of the maps? I mean, enable on entry for the hubs with powerlines, disable on exit, sort of a whitelist, instead of a blacklist.

Because honestly, i think it should be restricted to just the city hubs (and the santa monica haven because of the window view), so it only hits the powerlines. To clarify, the city hubs with powerlines are st monica, downtown, hollywood and chinatown. There might be extra small areas with powerlines too - like the st monica haven (maybe that small area before you get into the tram to the observatory?).

Wesp5

Arcane
Because honestly, i think it should be restricted to just the city hubs (and the santa monica haven because of the window view), so it only hits the powerlines.

I think I could do that, but I also believe that would take a lot of the mad thing away from it. If only power lines move, Malkavian player would just assume its very windy all the time...

ArchAngel

Arcane
I know your answers are supposed to be funny ;), but for anyone really really wondering nothing more is changed than the gender of your sire in the intro cutscenes. And you won't be able to have sex with Jeanette and Romero if you are not into it :)...
I never had sex with Jeanette anyways :(
She was never to attracted to my "I am a badass, look how I put all my points into combat skills" pickup lines..

Fffs I raise Seduction to at least 4 with almost every char asap just to be able to do that. Well, I keep it at 4 with most builds anyway. And having them blood dolls in chapters 1-2 is nice bonus. First chapter is good for increasing things like that because so little combat, blood buff+melee with zero point investment gets you through it easily.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
You people know what WoD vampire 'sex' is right? Let me give you a hint, it's a mutual blood bond, ie: a closed system of bloodsucking. Seduction is completely useless in the game except as a inferior alternative to both intimidation (money) or persuasion (XP). It's supposed to help with blood, but Troika in its infinite wisdom casualized that (probably against the will of some grog) and made blood drain not give damage (except if you mod it in)

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Do all these patches work fine with the steam version? I tried playing the game last year but I ran into a game stopping bug Downtown.
There are some grave bugs on the game but they can all be avoided.

The three worst issues i know are
1) Skyline corruption bug, where a random object gets duplicated floating on there. Eventually it will crash the game, even if you go out of the area. Only solution: save, close down the game, restart, reload. Doesn't happen often.

2) NPC or Player avatar gets told by animation cutscene to move somewhere, but *stops* before reaching it and the animation never ends. Happens randomly (may never happen) when talking to Therese, Beckett and maybe more during certain events where npcs initiate conversation. Can be 'fixed' by activating the console and executing either freenzy_player ... which, uh, might have nasty consequences - or another command to kill the camera i forget. Manually talking to the target of the animation is enough to 'fix' the conversation then.

3) game might crash in wine sometimes from the 'always maximum quality meshes' hack. I think this is just if you have a shit gpu with minuscule memory and are using wine.

There is a python bug in the current version of CQM that may make some quests in the Skyline apartments unfinishable (it's a python error in the nosferatu clan quest that causes this if you're curious).

Last edited:

laclongquan

Arcane
Fffs I raise Seduction to at least 4 with almost every char asap just to be able to do that. Well, I keep it at 4 with most builds anyway. And having them blood dolls in chapters 1-2 is nice bonus. First chapter is good for increasing things like that because so little combat, blood buff+melee with zero point investment gets you through it easily.
What? Jumping on the passingby through the alleyways outside of the hospital/club is not thrilling enough for you?

Iznaliu

Arbiter
3) game might crash in wine sometimes from the 'always maximum quality meshes' hack. I think this is just if you have a shit gpu with minuscule memory and are using wine.

I don't think a bug which is only applicable when using a hack really qualifies as a bug.

I don't think a bug which is only applicable when using a hack really qualifies as a bug.

I'd call it the hack's bug, not the game's.

Or, if it's a dev console command, I'd call it a "player messed shit up". Sometimes it baffles me why dev console commands weren't included as player options, and there can be plenty of good reasons to use it, but "this command breaks the game, so we won't put it in the graphics options" means it is decisively "not a bug". Might be bad design or incompetent coding, if it's something that should be an option, but definitely "not a bug".

Because I'm pretty goddamn certain that at SOME time or another, every Vtm:B fan, upon discovering the console command that adjusts NPC breast size, regardless of that player's gender or sexual preferences, has (cackling with glee in the case of my gf at the time) decided to see how high they can turn that modifer up before the game crashes (was disappointed though - apparently breasts aren't included in the combat hit-boxes or physics engine; was hoping for Deux Ex style physics catastrophes resulting from NPCs being no longer able to fit through doors/staircases).

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
So, that reporter dude in Downtown, Milligan. You find him hiding in his closet and you get a couple of dialog options to get rid of him. And guess what, the cutscene hangs up. Don't remember it being broken in vanilla.
Yeah, I know about that, but I have no idea why it sometimes happens and sometimes it doesn't. If you read around the internet you will notice that it does not happen to everybody, so please explain to me how to fix a bug that doesn't happen always and never to me?

Hey Wesp5, this just happened in my tremere playthrough using your 9.9 patch (basic). The cutscene blocks when Simon should exit the appartment and go to to the hospital basement. Apparently this happens, if you dont lockpick/open the flat door.

Apparently Simon is unable to exit the door and the game just hangs waiting for it to open. I am not sure it is the same issue you were talking about but, unlocking the door before talking to Simon in the closet fixed the issue.

Otherwise it is a new bug.

But I guess it should be easily fixable? Like just "script" a "unlock-door-smh-smh" after you trigger the convo or something like that.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom