Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Codexian Game Development Thread

StaticSpine

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
almost everything in this codex-exclusive first sneak peek of my just-do-something-to-not-forget-the-basics shooter game is placeholder, but i thought id share it

pf5xwgK.png
I love the guy's face. He's so self-confident and complacent.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
^ It's always a vergüenza ajena to see someone completely miss blatant sarcasm and watch them respond in absolute seriousness.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Everybody say hello to my new shitty UI:

xK8j2xn.png

I should improve it later, but until my game is fully functional, this is what it's going to look like during development.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
I've had a few days off due to power-related issues and played Wizardry non-stop until the battery ran out.
Now I'm genuinely curious on how to implement a similar look from the ground up. After some fucking around for an hour or so I think I'm onto something.

Jn755MP.png

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
I've spent the last week mostly researching religion. In my game you can become one of 20 religions. Six of these are taken from the real world (including atheism and agnosticism), nine are completely made up by me, and four are ancient extinct religions from history.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
I've had a few days off due to power-related issues and played Wizardry non-stop until the battery ran out.
Now I'm genuinely curious on how to implement a similar look from the ground up. After some fucking around for an hour or so I think I'm onto something.

Jn755MP.png

If you're using Unity you're over thinking the whole thing. Just use planes and set the engine to wireframe mode.

Zep--

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer

Jn755MP.png

If you're using Unity you're over thinking the whole thing. Just use planes and set the engine to wireframe mode.

Zep--
In this case I'm using C + SDL. Besides, I've already got a line renderer in Unity so building something like this would be a piece of cake, except I want to dig deeper.

Modron

Arcane
No arms, I want to see to how the brigade of people who complained about Battle Brothers lack of legs react.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom