Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Beamdog announce Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition

Tigranes

Arcane
Given what happens to things they 'enhance', this might actually be their superlative product.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
To be fair, this is the first game of their remastered sagas that didn't need any update.
It works fine today even at 4k.
I disagree, played a couple of modules last year and it was painful at 1440p due to lack of interface scaling, eventually had to revert to lower resolution because text was basically unreadable.
Also there are no decent fan interface mods for whatever reason.

To be honest beamdog with their policy of profiting from other people work doesn't do anything that Hollywood with their constant remakes and reimagining isn't doing. They just do it on a lower budget.

ArchAngel

Arcane
To be honest beamdog with their policy of profiting from other people work doesn't do anything that Hollywood with their constant remakes and reimagining isn't doing. They just do it on a lower budget.
Not even close. Hollywood reuses(steals) names, ideas and brands but everything else is done from scratch. Beamdog is basically like remastered original trilogy SW movies but if only change was making Solo not shoot first. And a slightly modified opening and end credits.

Not even close. Hollywood reuses(steals) names, ideas and brands but everything else is done from scratch. Beamdog is basically like remastered original trilogy SW movies but if only change was making Solo not shoot first. And a slightly modified opening and end credits.

Hollywood executives bath in cash. Making copies from scratch is no problem for them. Paying for remakes to be made is not work. Work is finding new interesting ideas and giving them chances.

hivemind

>rtwp can work
>posts game which worked DESPITE the combat not because of it
literally you right now
brainlettttt.jpg

I just went through all of NWN, all the paid DLC, major free DLC, and expansions this year. I only added a few mods, which I think were critical to the game from my viewpoint, such as ceilings to the world. A few other minor adjustments and that unofficial patch.
It worked out of the box, mods are easy (don't tell me most people can't figure that shit out, it's been around since 2000 - just a bit of reading). However, even without the mods, 1.69 is stable and playable on modern systems.
This is just jank, I have long defended Beamdog but this is just lazy. So far it doesn't even seem to include the expansions, and I highly doubt it's gonna be anywhere close to 100% backwards compatibility. They could have done some minor texture work, skybox clean up, and really dug into the core issues.
Whatever this is a fucking train wreck, and I would never want to suffer through the core NWN campaign again.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Hollywood executives bath in cash. Making copies from scratch is no problem for them. Paying for remakes to be made is not work. Work is finding new interesting ideas and giving them chances.
No, that is work for scriptwriters. They are only like 10% of what makes the movie a success. No script can save a movie with bad actors, bad director and 100 other ways everything can get fucked up.

DavidBVal

4 Dimension Games
Patron
Developer
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Pathfinder: Wrath
The best thing about NWN series was the content creation, DM mode and persistent servers. None of that will probably be back with this EE, and very likely the existing user content will be incompatible too. Pointless release.

MRY

Wormwood Studios
Developer
An article I saw on RPS claimed that mods and campaigns would be compatible. But yeah, it seems silly -- the community has moved on.

No, that is work for scriptwriters. They are only like 10% of what makes the movie a success. No script can save a movie with bad actors, bad director and 100 other ways everything can get fucked up.

Jesus. You do know that screenwriters do not decide on what story would be made into the movie?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The best thing about NWN series was the content creation, DM mode and persistent servers. None of that will probably be back with this EE, and very likely the existing user content will be incompatible too. Pointless release.

Read the website

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom