Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Fallout: Nevada Mod - final English version released

Bocian

Arcane
Any news about the translation improvement?

Diggfinger

Arcane
Any news about the translation improvement?

I've played around two hours. Current translation pretty descent IMO, only noticed two spelling mistakes. I definitely wouldn't use this to hold off a play-through...

Only gripe with the game so far is the :retarded:beginning:
amnesia? really?

Jinn

Arcane
I've played around two hours. Current translation pretty descent IMO, only noticed two spelling mistakes. I definitely wouldn't use this to hold off a play-through...

So it is actually translated fully? Are they just going back over it and editing it before the "full" release?

Diggfinger

Arcane

So it is actually translated fully? Are they just going back over it and editing it before the "full" release?

That's my understanding, yes.
As I said, have only played two hours, but so far everything is fully translated and playable.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron

As I said, have only played two hours, but so far everything is fully translated and playable.

Wait till you get later on. First few towns are well translated, second half of the game gets very hard to understand or even still has journal entries in russian. however they are continually revising the translation and updating patches, and more and more of the game is getting coherent and bearable. advice is : check the game out, play the first couple towns to get a feel, but check NMA and dont roll the the game faster than the areas you are exploring are translated. technically the entire game is in english but many later areas are Google translated or done by people with poor english skills. But other than still being a wip it is my favorite fallout so far since #2

ALSO: Tons of skillchecks. No character will be able to get all, or even most of them. plenty of content is skill gated. you just have to deal with it. or you can get partially through a quest and get a little XP, but then fail it or have to come back later if you dont have the proper skills. No more sniper/talker gets all the content. Your character can *use* a computer but is no hacker. Not herp-derp at all. at least 50% of quests in each area will require coming back later, and each area is not necessarily catered to a specific level range. several of the first towns have quests that either require certain initial starting rolls, or just leaving and coming back later in the game.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Fallout, much like Morrowind, are one of those games that I felt could have become so much more if their developer insisted on reusing the same engine and assets for the rest of the series. I get a much bigger hardon by seeing those Tamriel Rebuilt or Skyrim - Home of the Nord mods for Morrowind and Fallout: Nevada and 1.5 Resurrection for Fallout 2 than by seeing next-gen games taking place in a new province/state.

Reapa

Doom Preacher
Fallout, much like Morrowind, are one of those games that I felt could have become so much more if their developer insisted on reusing the same engine and assets for the rest of the series. I get a much bigger hardon by seeing those Tamriel Rebuilt or Skyrim - Home of the Nord mods for Morrowind and Fallout: Nevada and 1.5 Resurrection for Fallout 2 than by seeing next-gen games taking place in a new province/state.
that's because the new ones lack artistic vision. they go for realistic crap instead. which is just plain stupid given the fantasy setting and basically limitless possibilities.
this may well be a transition phase. stuff is already photo realistic. maybe in a few years, they will have to go for more art to sell anything.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
Rated retarded because this is one of the most rehashed comments on the codex, over and over, for years.

No one needs to reiterate that Fallout 1/2 were better than sequels, that Van Buren would have spanked F3, etc et al ad nauseum. Dont hijack the thread discussing F1/2 VS Bethesda

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Rated retarded because this is one of the most rehashed comments on the codex, over and over, for years.

No one needs to reiterate that Fallout 1/2 were better than sequels, that Van Buren would have spanked F3, etc et al ad nauseum. Dont hijack the thread discussing F1/2 VS Bethesda

Spotted the Bethestard.

I never siad anything along the lines of "BETHESDA BAD", only that I personally enjoy those games graphics as they are and would have loved to see the series progress that way. You have to be retarded to think my post was against Bethesda and not the gaming industry as a whole: you can't release a game that looks like Morrowind nowadays, be it from Bethesda, Obsidian, or whatever developer you suck the cock of.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron

Spotted the Bethestard.

I never siad anything along the lines of "BETHESDA BAD", only that I personally enjoy those games graphics as they are and would have loved to see the series progress that way. You have to be retarded to think my post was against Bethesda and not the gaming industry as a whole: you can't release a game that looks like Morrowind nowadays, be it from Bethesda, Obsidian, or whatever developer you suck the cock of.
Sorry no bethestard here, you just sounded like you wanted to hijack a thread to talk about how bethesda should have kept the old engines. this is old hat, old news, tired ass shit. if you want to start this discussion do it over in the fallout threads and dont make the awesomeness that is NEVADA a part of it. Obviously you didnt read far back into this thread either but just posted the first thing that came to your mind. It's bad etiquette to bring up volatile arguments that involve games other than the one being currently discussed.

also if one wants to get crass and shallow : how did you get a village idiot tag in less than a year? or 1600 posts of drivel? Methinks the lady doth protest her virtue too much. (to quote another source of inane drivel)

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

Reusing assets? Full set of daedric armor from skyrim has more polygons than most of morrowind caves. Sorry but morrowind assets would look ugly and extremely unappealing to people in 2017r. That's some retarded shit bro.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Reusing assets? Full set of daedric armor from skyrim has more polygons than most of morrowind caves. Sorry but morrowind assets would look ugly and extremely unappealing to people in 2017r. That's some retarded shit bro.

That's why I said "I get a much bigger hardon". I would love it if most of the Fallout and TES fanbase thought as I do.

also if one wants to get crass and shallow : how did you get a village idiot tag in less than a year?

Called a Codex favorite "shit".

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
I think the Phoenix Engine used in Fallout Tactics was quite good for a early 2000s 2d with 3d animations game, just needed better art direction.

I've only seen pictures of Tactics, and it really looks much, much crisper than Fallout. I would prefer crisp 2D graphics over shitty looking freecamera 3D isometric games.

AetherVagrant

Arbiter
Patron
Tactics is GREAT game if you dont insist on it being a fallout game. Jagged Alliance fans = enjoy. but Fallout 1/2/1.5/Nevada all come with high res mods, they can look crisp, and how you have 2 full featured 2d fallout games. Bethesda only has to irritate you if you let it.

Diggfinger

Arcane

Wait till you get later on. First few towns are well translated, second half of the game gets very hard to understand or even still has journal entries in russian. however they are continually revising the translation and updating patches, and more and more of the game is getting coherent and bearable. advice is : check the game out, play the first couple towns to get a feel, but check NMA and dont roll the the game faster than the areas you are exploring are translated. technically the entire game is in english but many later areas are Google translated or done by people with poor english skills. But other than still being a wip it is my favorite fallout so far since #2

ALSO: Tons of skillchecks. No character will be able to get all, or even most of them. plenty of content is skill gated. you just have to deal with it. or you can get partially through a quest and get a little XP, but then fail it or have to come back later if you dont have the proper skills. No more sniper/talker gets all the content. Your character can *use* a computer but is no hacker. Not herp-derp at all. at least 50% of quests in each area will require coming back later, and each area is not necessarily catered to a specific level range. several of the first towns have quests that either require certain initial starting rolls, or just leaving and coming back later in the game.

Fully agree. Having played 10-12hours now, the game is definitely very hard core quest-wise. They are often quite convoluted (e.g. mob quests in Reno) with little guidance on how to solve them. Indeed, tons of skill checks (doctor, science etc. used way more often than in older games).
For combat I get by pretty well with decent small arms skill and scoped hunting rifle.

For translation, I have noticed the odd Russian word here and there and occasional lackluster translation (especially in Reno) but overall still quite OK.
Definitely having a blast with this game!

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
How is the state of the current translation of Nevada? Should I still wait or can I give it try now?

Modron

Arcane
How is the state of the current translation of Nevada? Should I still wait or can I give it try now?
It's like 99.9% complete, you have a handful of npcs still talking in russian (3 in Las Vegas (1 of which is a larger role), and like 3-4 smaller convos in Salt Lake + some of the pipboy data entries aren't translated) but is entirely playable. I believe it's still being worked on at least according to this http://www.nma-fallout.com/threads/fallout-of-nevada-Фаллаут-Невада.207311/page-48#post-4264533 (note that the translation seems to have changed hands because I think Dionis http://www.nma-fallout.com/members/dionis.100777/ got hit with a C&D or something).

So check back in a week or so there might be an update.

Edit: Linked the wrong post.

Last edited:

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Hi folks,

I've been playing Fallout of Nevada with the translation for the last week, propably clocked about 15-16 hours or so and have to say the translation is still far perfect and sometimes may cause trouble. I did not yet reach Vegas or Sal Lake City, where some of the problems already mentioned arise. I still roam the area between Vault City and Winds of War (with a lot of backtracking - the game often cockblocks you because of high demands for specific skills to move the quests forward; not a bad design, but forces you to return to many areas to finish what you were previously unable to do).

There are parts of dialogue still in Russian. There are some dialogue options only in Russian. There are dialogue options that read "error", propably due to some bug caused by the translation. There are notes that you upload to your pipboy that are entirely not translated. From what I've read at No Mutants Allowed, people who finished the game already had problems with understanding wtf happened, due to the fact that some key information is delivered only in Russian :)

The further I advance, the more Russian I see. So, I put my playthrough on hold and wait for the new, more polished version of the translation. I would advise the same to you.

Besides, the version 1.02 of the game seems not to be the final one. There are at least three settlements missing (mentioned in dialogues, not present on the map).
Russians have a more advanced version, called Crazy Edition - it has been developped since 2015. It offers more content, higher difficulty level, more items, for example Scorpion Armor (made from the remains of a legendary scorpion. Some people say the translation is compatibile with CE, but noone can guarantee that there will be no problems. So maybe it is worth to wait for the final translation that perhaps will be fully compatibile with CE?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom