Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 - now with lootbox drama

Santander02

Arcane
Here let me cause you some more butthurt

hWQGyiZ.png

SiAe4kY.png

7Gj1RM2.png

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-battlefront-2-french-senator-writes-lett/1100-6455112/

Star Wars Battlefront 2: French Senator Writes Letter To Gambling Authority Over Potential Concerns
France is just the latest country to look into loot boxes and potential pay-to-win scenarios.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Anybody non retarded should know, that the DICE shooters were never about the SP.

MP is what the game is about. SP is just a tacked on feature to appease some of the whiners.

If you buy this game for the SP alone, then Im not sure what to tell you.
While that's entirely true, it doesn't change the fact that the SP is used to viciously market the game, and unless you take an interest in the particular genre of online shooters, it's an entirely warranted question to ask if the SP is any good.

If this would've been anything near Star Wars: Dark Forces, with a good single-player campaign that wasn't absolute horseshit, I'd be so fucking tempted to get the game just for that. I used to fucking love Star Wars, but it feels like everything has either been LEGO-tier stuff or absolute shit since pretty much Jedi Academy II, and all of that is now non-canon because the nu-canon is shit and did away with icons such as Kyle Katarn and the new Jedi Academy.

In a way, EA is just part of the jewish conspiracy to ruin Star Wars.

And just look at the metacritic score drop even further

5aGfQ6Y.png

Gentlemen, EA has officially managed to screw up even harder than with MEA. :lol:

EA was really looking for that sense of pride and accomplishment.
Fun fact: The curated metascore is now down to 68-69 (depending on platform). What an absolute shitshow for EA. I almost feel bad for the guys at DICE that were forced to polish this turd after EA creamed the core concepts out.

Edit: Dammit, Santander beat me to it.
Requesting dumbfuck tag for both Cael and Santander

gg
We all know that if anyone is angling for a tag here, it's you.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
EA must feel very proud and accomplished,after all they have two world records in a week. Most downvoted post on reddit and most hated game at metacritic.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Stop buying their games then. It is not up to the media to set prices. It is up to the consumers. If you think the prices are too high, stop buying! It is that simple. You couldn't force me to buy Skyrim when it first came out, nor Siege of Dragonspear, nor any EA sports crap from the year dot. I didn't like the way they took things or I didn't like the company ethics, so I didn't give them my money.

Yelling and typing furiously isn't going to stop the bastards. You want to affect the industry, don't stop at just discussing the fake and deceptive articles. ENCOURAGE people to boycott them!
That is the whole point of review bombing.

Dexter

Arcane
Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Here you go Mengsk, feel free to wear it with pride, or whatever else you've got in that buttplug-sized void EA left you with after last year's pride parade:

aiTMVth.png

Edit:
Those are not bugs, they're intended to be part of the Pride & Accomplishment Package™. By resetting progression every patch, you get a renewed sense of reward as you progress each time!

Last edited:

Santander02

Arcane

Serves them well for still buying into EA's bullshit despite everything, it's only fitting they keep getting their anuses pounded until they learn to not to keep going out on dates with the rapist.

Last edited:

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
inb4 Mengsk shows up and says that this hasn't happened to him but that he's sure they'll fix it soon and that every game has bugs on release and that it's blow out of proportion and that he probably doesn't know anyone who had it happen to him

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.

Cael

Arcane
This Battlefront thing is like Santa. It just keep giving and giving and giving and giving. Love it!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
If the EU makes loot boxes a gambling it will be the first positive thing that they have done.
I dunno, the killing of roaming charges was the first thing I ever thought the EU did that was good.

Not that EU was needed to do it, of course, but still.
Yeah and took them only 20 years. I wouldn't be surprised that in a different universe without EU people did it 10 years ago.

Santander02

Arcane
Disney was more pissed than we thought

http://mp1st.com/news/report-disney...microtransactions-exclusivity-deal-threatened

Report: Disney Unhappy With How Long EA Took Action Against Star Wars Battlefront II Microtransactions, Exclusivity Deal Threatened

Following yesterday’s shocking announcement that EA finally caved in and removed (for now) all microtransaction elements in Star Wars Battlefront II, it seems we now know a bit more on what happened behind the scenes.

According to a source that wishes to remain anonymous, Disney talked with top-level EA executives over the growing backlash (something that was corroborated by The Wall Street Journal who reported that Consumer Products and Interactive Media boss Jimmy Pitaro sent a message to EA about their concerns) regarding Star Wars Battlefront II’s bad press when it comes to loot crates, and how some see it as “gambling.”

Based on the info we received, it states that both parties agreed that the Battlefront II microtransactions model needs to be revamped to stave off further backlash. Also, it mentions how Disney was “unhappy” with how long EA took effective action regarding the situation since it has evolved enough that the backlash could potentially harm the Star Wars IP given The Last Jedi is hitting theaters soon.

Possibly the biggest thing though, is how Disney apparently gave a less-than-direct threat that EA could lose the Star Wars publishing exclusivity rights if things didn’t improve. The House of Mouse had concerns about the exclusivity deal with EA due to the press backlash, investigations regarding gambling, and the bad press involved.

MP1st has reached out to EA, with a rep for the publisher stating, “we are not commenting on that” as the only statement so far.

Once we know more details, or if EA issues a more formal statement, we’ll update the story.

And a pot calling EA black

Blizzard Pokes Fun at Star Wars Battlefront II Microtransactions Controversy
Mack Ashworth 1
With what seems like the entire internet grouping up to hate on Star Wars Battlefront II and its Hero grind, loot box and microtransactions controversies, Blizzard Entertainment has used the commotion to its advantage.

A new trailer for StarCraft II, which has just gone free-to-play, makes fun of the notion of paying for power.

In addition to this, the StarCraft II Twitter account dedicated a few tweets to burning Battlefront II:

Not exactly subtle!

Number of hours it takes to earn the full StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty Campaign: 0

— StarCraft (@StarCraft) November 14, 2017

Number of hours before you can play ANY Co-op Commander in StarCraft II: 0

Number of pay-to-win mechanics in StarCraft II: 0

Free to Play – Now Live! pic.twitter.com/a02OYUCYZU

What do you make of this? Is it funny? Or a tad unprofessional? Let us know!

In other Battlefront II news, developers say that they have been receiving death threats and personal attacks due to loot crate controversy, EA has achieved the most downvoted comment in Reddit history, and DICE has issued a statement regarding the Credits grind for unlocks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom