Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Zlaja

Arcane
So.....the game will still be ugly as fuck? Those lazy bums.

I have the feeling they will now try to remaster games from other studios. Fallout 1 and 2 are obvious choices.

Oh God, we have to kill them now!

the Codex has been irrelevant in regards to NWN commentary since the first review by Saint.

rating_racist.png

Cross

Arcane
Finally, a D&D game already so bad that even Beamdog can't rerelease it in an inferior state. :lol:

That's the one positive thing I can say about this 'enhanced' edition: unlike their previous ones, at least they don't seem to be downgrading the quality of art assets and interface art, rendering decades worth of essential community patches and mods incompatible and shoehorning in their atrocious fanfction creations as new companions.

soulburner

Cipher
I can't force the original game to run properly on my Windows 10 machine, so the EE will be probably the best way to finally fix this. I was, however, hoping for many, many more changes and enhancements. Keeping compatibility with old modules and mods will probably cause problems, however (stuff not being enhanced because they needed to keep compatibility, but the things that did get enhanced will probably break compatibility in some way anyway).

Awaiting further info!

edit - if I can resize and move the dialog window, it will be enough to make me really interested :P

Jason Liang

Arcane
Beamdog made two of the best RPGs released in the past five years: BG2: EE and Planescape: Torment EE. I've very excited for this new game.

btbgfel

Scholar
:mob:
I hope I can still kept my diamond edition on GOG.

Edit:Nvm,HotU is included.

Edit 2:Look at the screenshots,creators of NWShader did better work than beamdog:lol:

Last edited:

Delterius

Arcane
On one hand, NwN is community driven. Any attention, even pointless enhanced editions, is a plus.

On the other, Beamdog probably can't fix the shit combat of Neverwinter Nights so why bother? The current engine is good enough for CYOAs.

i.Razor

Scholar
Patron
At first i thought that someone just edited a video with old NWN trailer with Beamdog logo. And screenshots looks like just edits, they hadn't enhance a shit.

It must be a joke from Beamdog. They'll announce something related to the Planescape leaks we saw.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Goral is missing in this thread. Is this you, Goral? :lol:
You need an advertising plant tag, you're spamming about your blog a bit too often. As for Beamdog, I don't care about NWN so this cash grab only makes me laugh, I can't get angry over something as insignificant as this. Planescape: Torment was a different matter because it's a great game for a change, they've also taken credit for something they haven't done removing Black Isle/Interplay involvement, they've removed the original from GOG and they've been saying they've developed P:T ever since. Totally different thing.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
What's most impressing me: Beamdog announced PST: EE in March and is announcing NWN: EE in November. Two games a year is an impressive feat and is a very good pace for a small studio.

Cael

Arcane
What's most impressing me: Beamdog announced PST: EE in March and is announcing NWN: EE in November. Two games a year is an impressive feat and is a very good pace for a small studio.
What is so impressive about buying an IP and reselling it at an inflated price? I can probably do that in a couple of days.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
What is so impressive about buying an IP and reselling it at an inflated price? I can probably do that in a couple of days.

Yeah, sure, that is exactly like real life.

Whats holding you back?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
They could, you know, fix the OC while they are at it. Not that it matters that much, but it will draw more people in if it wasn't shit.

Cael

Arcane

Yeah, sure, that is exactly like real life.

Whats holding you back?
I have this ethical framework that includes not defrauding people.

Unwanted

Musaab

Unwanted
Is there a list of enhancements somewhere? I'll definitely be tuning into the stream.

12pm pst twitch.tv/beamdog

They are gonna show off their hard work. And the artists will share what it was like to create their first 3D transsexual.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom