Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NWN Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition - Beamdog's final enhancement - now with new premium modules

Hellion

Arcane
https://nwn.beamdog.com

https://af.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_enhanced_edition_pack?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_darkness_over_daggerford?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_tyrants_of_the_moonsea?as=1649904300
https://af.gog.com/game/neverwinter_nights_dark_dreams_of_furiae?as=1649904300

For lack of a more suitable thread...

http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/11/blog-post.html?m=1

A Mysterious Countdown has appeared on Beamdog!

countdown.PNG

Tune in November 21, 2017 at 12pm PST to the Beamdog livestream for a big announcement!

Come for the announcement! Stay for developer secrets and prize giveaways!
ARE YOU READY?

:hmmm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition!

The Beamdog team is very excited to announce the return of a classic! Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition will be available for pre-order on Beamdog on November 21 at 12pm PSTand will be coming soon to Steam.

On November 21, we will begin inviting pre-order owners into a Head Start program, allowing players to try an early version of the game, import modules, and prepare persistent world servers.

We are incredibly proud of the work the team has done so far on Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition, and with the community’s feedback, we will continue fixing bugs and adding features for launch. We’ve added an improved display that looks great on modern 4k monitors, UI elements now adjust in size based on chosen resolution, and post-processing effects make for crisper, cleaner visuals. Save games, modules, and mods from the original Neverwinter Nights work in the Enhanced Edition.

Beamdog Marketing & PR Manager

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
These fucks will do anything to avoid actually making anything themselves. Wonder if existing mods will work with this POS, if not, then fuck off.

Terra

Cipher
Eh, the only interesting thing about that is that they've presumably got the source code for the aurora engine, makes me wonder if they'd dress it up and retool it for future projects.

Fairfax

Arcane
  • Improved Display: Your portrait, combat bar, inventory, and other UI elements adjust in size based on your chosen resolution including 1080p and 4k.
  • Advanced Graphics Options: Pixel shaders and post-processing effects make for crisper, cleaner visuals. Enable contrast, vibrance, and depth of field options as preferred.
I think this is easily the laziest "enhancement" out of everything they've done so far.

I suppose next they're going to make a NWN2:EE so it can finally get back on Steam. :M
IIRC the multiplayer is a pain to run nowadays, so that might make it a better contribution already. Other than that, there isn't much to enhance, though. It only lacks UI scaling, and I doubt Beamdog would (or could) optimize the performance hit from shadows.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They couldn't even be bothered to spring for higher resolution textures. Phoning it in with an enhanced UI, shaders, and a few bug fixes Bioware never got around to doing.

Cael

Arcane

WOW! Is there ANY difference from the original in this video?

In terms of graphics, doesn't look any changes were made.

But if it is anything like BG:EE or BG:SoD, they would likely have added in a few new homosexual/bisexual/transexual companions and changed it so that Aribeth and Aarin are bisexual (they had different dialogs based on gender in the original). I shudder to think what they would do to Hordes of the Underdark because, you know, DROW.

Having seen BG:EE and what they did to the franchise, what you can expect out of Beamdog is basically stereotype horny, immature, socially maladjusted SJW nerd fantasies of girl-on-girl action with a side of bi and trans. With the ocassional giggly schoolgirl kawaii crap. All blue-tacked on to an existing game in order to "enhance" it.

EDIT: Actually, having taken a second look at the video, it seems that all they did with the much vaunted UI is make the whole screen resolution higher. I get the same small quick bar and message box on my screen in my original Platinum Edition NWN because of my screen resolution.

Last edited:

Fry

Arcane
Ahahahhahahahaha...
<breathe>
...ahahhhahahahahahaha.

Can those Beamdog hacks get any more shameless?

Fairfax

Arcane
Ahahahhahahahaha...
<breathe>
...ahahhhahahahahahaha.

Can those Beamdog hacks get any more shameless?
Yes. They're charging $19.99, twice as much as the GOG release, but with the same content. The 3 modules not included in the Diamond edition will be sold as DLC:

The release is accompanied by a Digital Deluxe bundle which includes three of the original premium modules (Pirates of the Sword Coast, Infinite Dungeons, and Wyvern Crown of Cormyr), two soundtracks collecting all of the original music, and a new portrait pack. Each piece of DLC will be available to wishlist on Steam All content will be available on Windows, macOS, and Linux.

:lol:

Pizzashoes

Scholar
Time to load up NWN Diamond, a game which has been easily accessible for years now, but which I assume will only be offered with Beamdog's "enhancements" in the future.

deuxhero

Arcane
Original developers have teamed with key members of the Neverwinter Nights community to curate important fan-requested improvements to support players, storytellers, and modders.

Are they adding support for bodies that aren't segmented messes? Multiple Henchmen? Controllable henchmen?

If not, can't tell what the point is.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom