Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Scam Citizen - Only people with too much money can become StarCitizens! WOULD YOU LIKE TO KNOW MORE?

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
In programming/development, it's MUCH easier to make a new feature than to get existing features properly working / bug free / tweaked.

So essentially, introducing feature after feature is an indicator for having some serious issues in the development process; something you do to distract folks with shiny bling.

That's fairly common in Game Development though, add all the features and then spend 1-2 years fixing them, making them fun and removing the ones that either they don't have the time to invest in or just don't work.

Latelistener

Arcane
If people mean they're trying to release on steam, I don't see that happening.
They mean the version 3.0, which will have some kind of resemblance of a playable game, not just different modules.
They've been constantly pushing the release date since June I think, so no one knows when it will be released (not this year I assume).
Although it's already available for some backers.
Whether it will available on Steam or not doesn't really matter.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Versecon.jpg
hub_large.jpg
hub_large.jpg
hub_large.jpg

Last edited:

potatojohn

Arcane
Punishing paying customers for not testing your game for free in the way you want it tested

That is quite likely a new low for player-developer treatment.

That's gotta be like joining the innermost circle in a cult after spending thousands upon thousands of dollars on "soul restoration therapy" and then having your spiritual enlightenment be getting told that if you step out of line for one instant, the cops will find a really convincing suicide note on your body.

...come to think of it, minus the actually dying part, that's exactly what this is.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Why would I know? I have nothing to do with this game.

Probably will come out when Germany grows a pair and ejects the Muslims.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Seeing Richard Garriott's face next to Chris Roberts makes me even more confident this project will succeed. He should get Peter Molyneux in there too, that would make it perfect.

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
B-b-b-b-but what about the extra special snowflake status of the Evocati ?

The influx of armies of common peasants must enrage them.

Kingston

Arcane
I lack the wit to put something hilarious here
Something Jones 3.0 Live Blog

https://www.twitch.tv/theastropub

The buildings to the left and right of the flight path as he lands at Levski are 2d sprites - you can see them sliding around, they aren't attached to the ground. Shadows are baked on. It's quite obvious. e: if someone can grab this that'd be amazing, it's a live stream and I don't know what I'm doing.

So the seamless planetary landing is:
1: You fly to a waypoint in orbit
2: You fly down to the waypoint on the ground

It's a pre-determined flight path.

The travel between planetary bodies is pre-determined as well.

Performance-wise it is running like utter piss, it's really bad.

Mocap NPC at Levski, his hands clip through his body as he emotes, that's allegedly the problem with all of the SQ42 mocap

Single digit frames inside Levski base everywhere

BPM monitor on HUD and Mobiglass don't match

"This game is early access, if you aren't interested in early access it ain't for you"

11-14 fps in Levski pretty much consistently

Background music stuttering badly, .5s gaps of silence in the bg music

"50 players per server now, this has also decreased the fps"

Miles Eckhart NPC not working, wasn't able to interact, "there's really no point in going to Levski right now, you can't do missions right now"

PLAYER TWO HAS ENTERED!
Another player has arrived at Levski, let's see how this works. They arrange to meet at the 14fps statue...

Music is stuttering and skipping with a vengeance now

PLAYER 1 is waiting at the bar, PLAYER 2 is coming down the stairs now...

"Can I live with 15fps? No of course I can't live with 15fps"

PLAYER 3 on chat "It's just crashed on me, I'm gonna leave it there"

PLAYER 2 "It's so laggy it's hard to tell what the fuck I'm looking at"

PLAYER 2 arrives at bar, PLAYER 1 can't see him
PLAYER 2 on voice chat "Scam! Get a refund!"

PLAYER 2 is trying to interact with Miles Eckhart, PLAYER 1 can see Eckhart interacting but can't see PLAYER 2

Aaaaaand PLAYER 1 exits the game

- end of live blog thanks for listening get a refund -

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom