Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

2house2fly

Magister
He's presumably just watching streams of it or something

Jezal_k23

I do find $20 too hefty, especially in my currency. Maybe I would've paid somewhere between $8 and $12, something like that, but considering it's for testing the game it's way too expensive as it stands.

Sentinel

Arcane
I'm not paying the devs to test their game for them, lololol.
If only more people did the same. DOS 2 been in EA for ages and still came out buggy as hell but got 9s and 10s everywhere. Crazy times.
The problems with DOS2's mechanics were reported in EA, Larian just didn't give a shit and ignored the feedback. All the other problems the game has, like the dull fucking story, faggot companions, *boops your nose* and areas/campaign that drags on for way too fucking long couldn't have been fixed in EA because no one experienced any of that content.

Mazisky

Magister
If only more people did the same. DOS 2 been in EA for ages and still came out buggy as hell but got 9s and 10s everywhere. Crazy times.

Don't forget they still weren't able to feature in DOS 2 NPC schedules or day night cycles, reached in DOS1 stretch goals and then scrapped.

Meanwhile Pillars...:roll:

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
D:OS2 also had its EA available to everyone who pledged during the Kickstarter, you didn't have to pay extra for it.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
They fooled me the first time. But yeah, you are right.

The problems with DOS2's mechanics were reported in EA, Larian just didn't give a shit and ignored the feedback. All the other problems the game has, like the dull fucking story, faggot companions, *boops your nose* and areas/campaign that drags on for way too fucking long couldn't have been fixed in EA because no one experienced any of that content.
Larian was too busy designing areas and systems as to be most comfortable for them.

Jezal_k23

If someone were to for whatever reason give me a key I suppose I wouldn't object to it, although I don't expect anyone to.

Quillon

Arcane
Stop with the key begging!..tho I wouldn't object to one as a birthday present, which ended a few hours ago, better late than never :D

Iznaliu

Arbiter
The problems with DOS2's mechanics were reported in EA, Larian just didn't give a shit and ignored the feedback.

The issue was that there was a vocal contingent of people who insisted that nothing was wrong with the game's mechanics; and Larian listened to those people since they didn't want to do more work and change them.

Jezal_k23

The problems with DOS2's mechanics were reported in EA, Larian just didn't give a shit and ignored the feedback.

The issue was that there was a vocal contingent of people who insisted that nothing was wrong with the game's mechanics; and Larian listened to those people since they didn't want to do more work and change them.

There was enough wrong that I stopped my playthrough and haven't come back since. Still disappointed about it, I certainly didn't expect that they would fuck up so fundamentally.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
There was enough wrong that I stopped my playthrough and haven't come back since. Still disappointed about it, I certainly didn't expect that they would fuck up so fundamentally.

Actual feedback didn't matter to Larian; they heard what they wanted to hear and listened to who they wanted to listen to. They came to the conclusion that everything was fine since they were crunched for development time and didn't have time to totally rework the mechanics. Given the glowing reviews and the massive sales, they clearly did something right in terms of making a product that was profitable and popular.

mortimermcmire

Literate
haha i'm the goon who's been making these poe mods, glad to see you appreciate my handiwork

I thought I'd share a mod I released on SA and the obsidian forums, it adds unlimited amounts of every weapon/armor/shield in the game to the first vendor NPC Vektor, along with 1000000 gold to buy things with on the fish rack adjacent to him. Very useful for testing.

how to install:
Pillars of Eternity II - Public Beta\PillarsOfEternity2_Data\exported\design\gamedata

copy your bb_items file and past it somewhere outside the directory

overwrite it with this file and start a new game

enjoy

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hsxcqzfqmp2xlko/bb_items.zip?dl=0

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom