Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Random JRPG News Thread

Jinn

Arcane
So what is the difference between Elimage: Gothic and "Original"?

Dorarnae

Arbiter
it had the original portrait which are ugly and doesnt have style load. but faceload and music load are there. pc version of the game is <3.
maybe I'll get it...damn you starfish lol.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Exciting news, but I am 100% happy with the 3DS version of this one. The high res art looks great indeed, but it looks fine on 3DS to be honest... plus I like having a worthwhile game to play in bed before going to sleep at night :)

Dorarnae

Arbiter
Exciting news, but I am 100% happy with the 3DS version of this one. The high res art looks great indeed, but it looks fine on 3DS to be honest... plus I like having a worthwhile game to play in bed before going to sleep at night :)

but, but, that music load feature :) hehe.

newtmonkey

Arcane
Dorarnae
It's a cool feature indeed (not a fan of the soundtrack in Elminage Original, I usually just play at night in bed with the sound/music off, so as to not wake my wife up haha)

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Fallen Legion is coming to Steam:

ss_94b2c8bddc90d6fa47de3b5fa149beed7361a294.600x338.jpg

ss_e44559e6bfb551e99d9fd59e62888f1dcb467e58.600x338.jpg

Steam version includes both PS4 (Sins of an Empire) and Vita (Flames of Rebellion) content.

It's developed by an American studio.

Hyperion

Arcane
That seemed Valkyrie Profile esque combat?
Seems neat

More than just the combat is a VP homage, though it is more action oriented than VP. Even summoning characters from a weapon is part of it, heh. You can 'execute' characters for buffs, not unlike releasing Einherjar. Sounds like there's C&C as well, but not sure how in depth it is. Edit: PS4 and Vita versions are wholly different, it seems. PS4 version pits you as Princess Cecille, Vita's MC is Legatus, who seems to have betrayed Cecille, and is a bit darker, and more antagonistic. I guess this gives the PC version 2 separate campaigns to play?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/fallen-legion-sins-of-an-empire

Low metascore, high user score. Usually this is a pretty good sign that it's at least fun for its target audience. One of the "professional" reviews called it a "unique take on the ATB system." Jesus, these people are morons.

Last edited:

spekkio

Arcane
"unique take on the ATB system."
Fantastic. And can be applied to Tales of..., Disgaea, action games and p. much everything else. As long as the only game you played in your life is Final Fantasy 7.

:bravo:

jungl

Augur
lol fallen legion. Lets take one aspect from valkyria profile add a twist and idiots will buy it up! Game is phone game tier.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
You forgot 1% of otaku that are paying all those shounen and shoujos' fancy lives.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Dragon Sinker, KEMCO's another Steam release:
Seems like kemco is doing a lot of mobile-to-pc porting lately. Maybe they will return to PC development?

More like multiplatform development. They also release more games on consoles recently. Release games cheap (or free with ads) on mobile, and sell at higher prices on Steam and consoles later.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Star Ocean: The Last Hope is out on Steam now for not even $20, though it uses Denuvo. Also has some other problems, the biggest being that it's meant to run at 60FPS but when full screened it runs at your monitor's refresh rate and if that's higher than 60 then the game runs like you're hitting a fast forward button.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom