Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Rainbow 6 Siege - Now with 60 years old Sam Fisher

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Out of the two Canadian ops, I much prefer Buck; FAL + Frags + Masterkey = :love:

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
Apparently the second Potato waifu is called Zofia and is Ela's older sister.

33f6205341.jpg

1b676f56be.jpg

More info on her backstory here -> https://imgur.com/a/y0x1s#jhb4HZJ

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
You're not paying for progression
Yeah, you're just gonna have to grind for over 80 hours to unlock all the characters, or pay for a year pass (even if you bought the full game for 40 euros.)
I never fucking understood how somehow this game is 100% kosher in the eyes of the "gaming community" and how the character grind is ignored, but if EA does the exact same thing with Battlefront 2 it's bad.

Deflowerer

Arcane
You're not paying for progression
Yeah, you're just gonna have to grind for over 80 hours to unlock all the characters, or pay for a year pass (even if you bought the full game for 40 euros.)
I never fucking understood how somehow this game is 100% kosher in the eyes of the "gaming community" and how the character grind is ignored, but if EA does the exact same thing with Battlefront 2 it's bad.

The year passes are for DLC characters, of course you pay for them, and you can unlock them as well by playing.

It's not even the case that DLC character are superior to vanilla characters anyway. Most of the vital choices are still vanilla characters.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
The year passes are for DLC characters, of course you pay for them, and you can unlock them as well by playing.
DLC characters take roughly 10-15 hours to grind each, it takes around 15-20 hours to grind for all of the basic operators, so there's 16 DLC operators right now, multiply that by 12.5 hours of gameplay and you have about 215 hours of grind to get the full experience. What a deal in my 40 euro game. I also forgot about the weapon customization which adds an hour or two of grind for each character and which has had important impact on the meta for a long while, like ACOG SMG-11 being one of the most important weapons for SAS for a few months.

It's not even the case that DLC character are superior to vanilla characters anyway. Most of the vital choices are still vanilla characters.
That's bullshit. DLC characters add gameplay options that can make or break a lot of games, there used to be only 1 character who could breach reinforced walls and that one character was picked pretty much always by attackers, now there's 2. Better grind up to get Hibana now.

sullynathan

Arcane
veealune This is bullshit. I played Siege 2 years ago for 100 hours in total and unlocked every character in less than 20 hours.
You've not played the game enough if you think you need these characters.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Did it ever occur to you that they have added more characters, fuckface?
The base operators (not DLC) take about 20 hours, it took me slightly less than that, DLC operators (of which there is 16) take around 10-15 hours each and they cost 25,000 renown.

sullynathan

Arcane
Did it ever occur to you that they have added more characters, fuckface?
The base operators (not DLC) take about 20 hours, it took me slightly less than that, DLC operators (of which there is 16) take around 10-15 hours each and they cost 25,000 renown.
Obviously I know they've added new characters.
You don't need every DLC character nor do you even need every other character. The goal of the game was never to play to unlock operators.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
But to get the most out of the game you need to pay extra or grind. What's your point? I want the most out of my game, and I expect to get it if I pay 40 euros.

Deflowerer

Arcane
You need to pay extra because these operators came out AFTER the initial release.

Would you complain about AoE2 as well for not giving you the complete experience because you have to pay for The Conquerors expansion?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom