Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

2house2fly

Magister
It's just some Something Awful poster messing about in the game files right now, but if he can do it presumably anyone can once the game is out

Jezal_k23

How much time passes when you're traveling from one location to the other on your ship?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
Since there is no time limit alla Fallout 1 does it matter what time passes?

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
This was pretty good.
93TB640.png

1. I don't use Imoen Romance mod.
2. But I totally would install it, if it was written by the chick who made "A Dance With Rogues".

Last edited:

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I cross-quoted this from the other thread

With P2, they've been further working on the AI, and the base combat systems -- pathfinding, collision circles, engagement detection (btw I'm quite sure they still use engagement as before under the hood, they've just removed disengagement attacks in some conditions and adjusted enemy AI accordingly), etcetera

Sorry mate. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but nope, they have not. They have just disabled it completely, likely out of ignorance/oversight, in the sense that they simply think of engagement as an ability and flicked the 1 0 switch rather than thinking of it as it's two components. When we disabled it for the first time doing testing for the IE mod, it was *immediately* noticeable how fucking stupid the AI targeting became, and that the AI completely relied on engagement as the player-controlled aggro mechanism. When you turn it off, you almost have none. That is why we kept the AI targeting clause.

They have definitely improved pathing, and now it is even easier for enemy units to slide around in combat to reach their desired target, using positioning for this purpose is almost completely nullified save for sticking the engagement guy out ahead to snag a couple of guys whereas in PoE1 at least when I played it was pretty easy to position your guys in a manner to block enemies, now they slip through gaps and will go all the way around everyone just to reach lowest deflection guy you placed at the back.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
In PoE, at least in the base game encounters, I think they will either all go for the first one they see (i.e. nearest) without re-calculating while en route to him, or for whoever caught them in engagement, or if not engaged and unable to reach the nearest enemy (due to him being already surrounded or there being a bottleneck which prevents them from reaching him), for the one who caused them damage - usually my wizard with Chill fog.

Iskramor

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

With P2, they've been further working on the AI, and the base combat systems -- pathfinding, collision circles, engagement detection (btw I'm quite sure they still use engagement as before under the hood, they've just removed disengagement attacks in some conditions and adjusted enemy AI accordingly), etcetera

Sorry mate. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but nope, they have not. They have just disabled it completely, likely out of ignorance/oversight, in the sense that they simply think of engagement as an ability and flicked the 1 0 switch rather than thinking of it as it's two components. When we disabled it for the first time doing testing for the IE mod, it was *immediately* noticeable how fucking stupid the AI targeting became, and that the AI completely relied on engagement as the player-controlled aggro mechanism. When you turn it off, you almost have none. That is why we kept the AI targeting clause.

They have definitely improved pathing, and now it is even easier for enemy units to slide around in combat to reach their desired target, using positioning for this purpose is almost completely nullified save for sticking the engagement guy out ahead to snag a couple of guys whereas in PoE1 at least when I played it was pretty easy to position your guys in a manner to block enemies, now they slip through gaps and will go all the way around everyone just to reach lowest deflection guy you placed at the back.

Planning to do any videos as feedback o mighty sensuki?

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Planning to do any videos as feedback o mighty sensuki?

Sorry mate. I don't have very much spare time these days and I'm definitely not spending it being by providing feedback or testing or making any videos about Pillars 2. I am quite happy to discuss the game on the codex as I read and post on these forums anyway.

Logic Artists next Expeditions title however ... count me in!

Hellion

Arcane
Are portraits in the beta supposed to be placeholders/unfinished?

lXq1NrmLTruUUbbCfzdkLg.png
1UypT4ZSQ6GCqohJStg3Fg.png

They give off a "King of Dragon Pass" vibe, I really wouldn't mind if they remained like that in the final product.

2house2fly

Magister
They went for that "watercolour" style because it's quicker to do than the Pillars 1 portraits, so they can just toss off a sketch in 5 minutes and give every significant NPC in the game a portrait. They explained this during the fig campaign, a bit more diplomatically. The character portraits at the bottom of the screen remain the old style

Ruzen

Savant
I quite like the new watercolor portraits tough. It doesn't even look like a compromise to me. Even those looking better than d: os2
P.S They gotto redo the Eder's portrait. Looking weird.

fobia

I prefer the watercolor portraits over the classic ones, tbh.
I didn't like PoE's portraits very much and neither the new ones that I saw so far.
It's not the art style that bothers me. But they draw most characters in a very specific way, or even mood. E.g. uncle Eder.
But the watercolor ones are cool. Leaving more up to you to see in those mugs. At least until now.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Wait, you paid big bucks to get into beta for PoE2 after PoE 1 got you so angry you could not even finish it once?
You got nothing better to do with your money? You can get a few good games on Steam Sale and do a Codex giveaway instead :)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom