Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Grid Cartographer - Best Tool for Drawing Classic RPG Maps

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I have no idea what my FastSpring order number is to get the Steam key....

You should be able to locate it by searching in your inbox for "fastspring". Look for the last message with David Walters Development as the sender.

mindx2

Codex Roaming East Coast Reporter
Patron
Codex 2012 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire RPG Wokedex Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I have no idea what my FastSpring order number is to get the Steam key....

You should be able to locate it by searching in your inbox for "fastspring". Look for the last message with David Walters Development as the sender.
Thanks, that helped! :greatjob:

edit: ...and my Steam key is now activated! Top notch customer service and response David Hidden Asbestos .

Last edited:

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
For anyone else in the same boat, it's not 100% essential that you use the order number - I'm doing all of these manually so I can usually figure it out - but it does save me a bit of time finding you. If you could have a good try before you hit send, but don't sweat it - if all fails just type something random in there so the form validates :)

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Apple IIgs version is def superior to Dos one. Was surprised I got this running in Dosbox via XGS Dos

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Thanks to Watser there's now a full set of Bard's Tale maps (1-3) and early Might and Magic (1-5) up on the GC wiki (http://gridcarto.wikidot.com/gc-maps). Also Wizardry 1-3, 4 WIP and Forest of Doom.

If any of you have finished or partial done GC maps and want them to upload or just link somewhere, I'm happy to do that (or just link yourself, the wiki it set open to editing from anyone)

Last edited:

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Just when I was finishing up on the last map before I sent them to Hidden Asbestos and Grauken, I realized I had chosen pink as my go-to colour for solid 1x1 walls (block terrain). I always thought it was grey and resembled concrete the most, but realized the colour was in the red panel so I am convinced it must be pink.

Fucking colourblindness men :lol:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
Wait, for real? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Doesn't matter, the maps are great, that's what counts

Btw. I finished the profile for Gateway to the Savage Frontier, still have to play and fully map 3 of the areas, then the game is finished

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
Just when I was finishing up on the last map before I sent them to Hidden Asbestos and Grauken, I realized I had chosen pink as my go-to colour for solid 1x1 walls (block terrain). I always thought it was grey and resembled concrete the most, but realized the colour was in the red panel so I am convinced it must be pink.

Fucking colourblindness men :lol:

If you go to the floor tab and choose the brush looking icon, there's an option to strip out all colour from the map. That might help?

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
You could introduce new themes that only cover the typical colors people with the different cb's see clearly (probably two new themes for major cb's). Also a monochrome theme

One thing I wanted to mentioned, some of the walls that consist of two colors, like the closed door (with the x in dark tones), the gate with the ... in dark or the one-way door with the arrow in dark tones, fuck with my attempt to achieve certain contrasts between edges and floor colors, I wish there was an option to switch wall types to be only one color

Last edited:

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
GttSF.png

You can do even nicer things, like overworld maps

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Except for Grauken's collection, are there any good repositories of tiles that can be used out there?
I'm especially looking for good icons for Caves, and Underground Towns.

And where can I get those Lord's of Midnight tiles shown on page 1?

EDIT: This is what my Google search turned up.

Last edited:

Sacibengala

Prophet
Wish this came to gog. It would make my life so much easier with the classics that I want to play...

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
Wish this came to gog. It would make my life so much easier with the classics that I want to play...
I'd like that too, but FWIW it's DRM free* when bought from my website ... so it's kind of the same?

* free-ish, there's a one-time CD key that doesn't need internet activation

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
I still maintain that the best use for GC is to design pnp maps in a pinch :obviously:

;)

Hidden Asbestos

Grid Cartographer
Developer
Been quiet for a while. Hope this makes up for it :)

Lots left to do - input Remapping, Linux/Mac support, about a thousand new options and interface bits. Still I'm quite pleased with this as it opens up a ton of new platforms to play around with.

Should keep Grauken busy making profiles :)

Last edited:

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
I’ve been meaning to replay Shining in the Darkness, but I still feel like mapping by hand.

Still good to have the option though, so nice job on that!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom