Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Star Wars Battlefront 2 - now with lootbox drama

Projas

Information Superhighwayman
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Maximum overbait

Santander02

Arcane
I shall echo the sentiment expressed by the Fire Hearted Dragon on the now split EA general thread (and stop fucking doing that dammit, now the thing about EA's stocks going down has been repeated twice in this thread due to that stupid merge)

The only way to get people as a whole to boycott EA is to start openly ostracizing them.

Make fun of people that buy EA games.

If they complain about EA screwing them, tell them it's their fault for buying EA.

Make buying EA games a negative social action. Make people feel even worse for doing it.

And we should start by imposing this attitude in our own turf first.

The game is amazing and I had the time of my life playing it.

Gentlemen I present to you our first prey, begin the purge.

LgQlSrO.jpg

Cael

Arcane
So no counter-argumenter, k' means i'm right. Thuoght so.
You can BELIEVE that you are right all you want, but if no one else agrees, you are still a lonely xiao ching wa trying to attract the attention of others with outrageous remarks and fad bandwagon jumping. As Trump would say: SAD!

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
My interactions with morons on reddit only further prove how much the average gamer is a little weak willed bitch.

Look for me, same user name, and you'll see my recent interactions.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
So no counter-argumenter, k' means i'm right. Thuoght so.
You can BELIEVE that you are right all you want, but if no one else agrees, you are still a lonely xiao ching wa trying to attract the attention of others with outrageous remarks and fad bandwagon jumping. As Trump would say: SAD!

Stop responding to the EA marketing bot.

Mazisky

Magister
No actually the majority of non retarded people think this game is amazing and worth playing. Some of the most levelheaded reviewers are giving it great scores.

If you can't see past mMIKORITRANSAKHTUIjNSSSS and all that shit, then you're an ignorant fool.

Once EA fixes the progression problems and so on, the game is an instant goty 11/10

Eating shit and being excited with it is a sexual disorder.
You need some aid bro

PC Gamer noted that the game's way of doling out special characters, heroes, and vehicles causes significant issues with team play. Most players end up hunting points rather than actively trying to play objectives so they can get enough space bucks to play as Yoda or fly an X-Wing. Additionally, most reviews mentioned that the game - with or without microtransactions - has an absolutely horrible progression system. It's a shame, as there does seem to be a decent Star Wars shooter buried underneath a terrible structure, but buried it is.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Lol fucking butthurt morons in dis thread :D

The game is amazing and I had the time of my life playing it. Game is fairly well balanced and the p2w has been removed. Problem solved for now.

You guys must kill yourselves very fast. The world demands it.

Codex needs posts like this to stop this becoming an echo chamber.

I /salute your willingness to swim against the tide Mengsk.

Game may be good or not, but by buying it you give your dollars to EA and tacitly approve their efforts to milk Lucas's teat dry. This could legitimately be the best game ever but nothing could get me to give money to EA for this.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
No actually the majority of non retarded people think this game is amazing and worth playing. Some of the most levelheaded reviewers are giving it great scores.

If you can't see past mMIKORITRANSAKHTUIjNSSSS and all that shit, then you're an ignorant fool.

Once EA fixes the progression problems and so on, the game is an instant goty 11/10
Please don't pretend like you have played Battlefront II in order to bait others on the internet

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

The game is amazing and I had the time of my life playing it. Game is fairly well balanced and the p2w has been removed. Problem solved for now.

Game may be good or not, but by buying it you give your dollars to EA and tacitly approve their efforts to milk Lucas's teat dry. This could legitimately be the best game ever but nothing could get me to give money to EA for this.
It's not Lucas teat anymore. He cut it off and sold it to Disney, then referred to them as white slavers owning his baby

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

It's not Lucas teat anymore. He cut it off and sold it to Disney, then referred to them as white slavers owning his baby

But 'Disney's teat' didn't quite roll off the tongue as nicely so I improvised a bit, forgive me!

And if Mengsk is just trolling, I take back that /salute!

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

But 'Disney's teat' didn't quite roll off the tongue as nicely so I improvised a bit, forgive me!

And if Mengsk is just trolling, I take back that /salute!
Mengsk sounds like a communist name, you should build a wall irregardless of his sarcasm.

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
So, anyone has bought the game? To share impresions. I played the beta then and I liked it for the most part, but the design of certain battle (Takodana, near impossible to win as the First order) and the microtransactions dissapointed me. How is the final game?

HitPepper

Erudite
Battlefield 1 is excellent, best game of last year.
It's decent, but I feel it was a step down from BF4. Then again, I'm a big fan of customization and BF4 let you choose even the grip and muzzle of your weapons. I know you can't have holographic sights on WW1 rifles, but if you've got black men fighting in the german and austrian armies, why not be a little creative with something that actually matters to the gameplay? CoD World At War did it before (yes it was WW2 but still)
2d6VRip.png
XswMyLp.png

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In

I salute you Mengsk, as a voice of reason in this cesspool.

People are butthurt about 40 hours of grind to unlock heroes, or 24 hours per purple card[72 hours to max the one trooper]. That's circa 290 hours to grind all classes/troopers with purple cards -To grind all attachments in BF4 and class abilities you would need roughly the same time. 40 hours for heroes, or 72 for maxing a class in such game is nothing, average FPS players have hundreds of hours in their beloved titles. There are people who clock over 1 thousand hours. It's like they would complain at UBI that they sell starter edition of R6 siege where you have to grind to unlock operators, and the "easy" full game where you unlock them way faster. I don't see people complaining at that -because that's nothing, if you plan to play the game for hundreds of hours you will easily grind you way. Wonder if these people butthurt at EA would be fine when by paying you could unlock heroes after 1 hour of gameplay whereas the rest would need 40 hours -exactly like the model in R6 siege. The "drones" would repeat -"it's allright, because it's not behind paywall at the beginning, even the paying one's have to play 1 hour to unlock this, you just pay to get it faster" retarded logic. Where's the arbitrary line when it's ok to pay to lessen the grind, or not... The answer is, there's non, it's the userbase who decide with their wallets if the grind length is worth paying.

Reddit is a hive mind of retards, who are bashing EA for really nothing. If you didn't pay then just grind your teeth and wait till you unlock the heroes. It's like a fucking real life -some people have the money and something upfront, and some people have to work longer to get it, or doesn't even get it at all. EA at least left the option to grind your way, and not left it behind paywall completely.This game was super costly to make -huge maps, with lots of details, detailed models, sounds, textures, the licensing of SW franchise, etc. etc -that's why it cost 60 dollars/euro, and that's precisely why it will have microtransactions, because without them it would cost even more. It's singlehandedly one of the most costly game made in current gen, judging by the amount of effort put into it.

Microtransactions arent bad per se -as long as the game publisher inform the buyer about it, and how it is implemented, then its the customer choice if he want to buy a game with them. Implementing microtransactions with essential gameplay elements behind paywall, that would render the game unplayable[i don't mean it as DLC] after the customer bought the game already is ofcourse a bad practice, and should be always shunned. Basically a seller-buyer contract specify what you've bought, and it should be a criminal offence to change the contract terms after the purchase without the buyer consent. You wouldn't want to buy a car, and then the producer during servicing, would disable the engine, unless you buy some expensive fidget.

I find depressing the lack of understanding of free market and capitalism by general american public/average redditor/codexer.It's like in the last 20-30 years some kind of virulent statist strain epidemic was lingering among the public.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
I find depressing the lack of understanding of free market and capitalism by general american public/average redditor/codexer.It's like in the last 20-30 years some kind of virulent statist strain epidemic was lingering among the public.
The lack of understanding lies with you. Capitalism means you can charge whatever you want. It also means the customer is free to not buy what you charge and tell the world about why they believe it is a bad deal.

What you are saying is basically that we should buy any game that a developer produces and at any price they put on it because it cost them money to make. That is a Communist way of looking at things, where you buy what the State tells you to.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The lack of understanding lies with you. Capitalism means you can charge whatever you want. It also means the customer is free to not buy what you charge and tell the world about why they believe it is a bad deal.

What you are saying is basically that we should buy any game that a developer produces and at any price they put on it because it cost them money to make. That is a Communist way of looking at things, where you buy what the State tells you to.

Where the hell you found in my post that i've said that you have to buy this game?

Cael

Arcane
Where the hell you found in my post that i've said that you have to buy this game?
The fact you raged against people that refuse to buy it and are telling others not to. Your reason is that the rage is not appropriate because it cost the developers money to make the game. You then called that a lack of understanding capitalism.

It was obvious where you were headed.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The fact you raged against people that refuse to buy it and are telling others not to by stating that it cost the developers money to make the game. You then called that a lack of understanding capitalism.

It was obvious where you were headed.

I didnt raged against people that refuse to buy it. I've raged at their infantility -the lack of understanding about the cost of such game.They are not entitled to the get the game for free, and EA is not forcing anyone to buy their product, and the facts about star cards,amount of grind, unlocks, and microtransactions were known before release of the game. It was up to buyer/consumer to decide whether he agrees to such model. They've MOSTLY raged about grind length, and that you can pay your way -the same people who were complaining about lack of grind in BF1/BF4, so i've said/explained how things works[in Bf4 you could buy battlepacks to speed your unlock progress, havent seen anyone complaining just because grind was shorter, in this game grind is longer and everyone loses minds, which is weird because people wanted more grind?!?]

There are lot of games with similar mechanics like GTA V or R6 Six, and they don't receive such hate, as EA, so it rustled my jimmies why people were so outraged focusing on EA, being blind to misbehaviours of other publishers.Exaggerated hate for EA, just because it's EA so we have to jump the bandwagon.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
I didnt raged against people that refuse to buy it. I've raged at their infantility -the lack of understanding about the cost of such game.They are not entitled to the get the game for free, and EA is not forcing anyone to buy their product, and the facts about star cards,amount of grind, unlocks, and microtransactions were known before release of the game. It was up to buyer/consumer to decide whether he agrees to such model. They've raged about grind -the same people who were complaining about lack of grind in BF1/BF4, so i've said how things looks.
Complaining about the cost of a game does not indicate a lack of understanding the cost of the game. It merely means the customers think it is overpriced. Your attempt to conflate the two, coupled with your EA apologist stance by stating that the game cost money to make (as if that had any bearing on the subject when the game has a price tag to begin with) makes things clear from which angle you are coming from.

Stavrophore

Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I didnt raged against people that refuse to buy it. I've raged at their infantility -the lack of understanding about the cost of such game.They are not entitled to the get the game for free, and EA is not forcing anyone to buy their product, and the facts about star cards,amount of grind, unlocks, and microtransactions were known before release of the game. It was up to buyer/consumer to decide whether he agrees to such model. They've raged about grind -the same people who were complaining about lack of grind in BF1/BF4, so i've said how things looks.
Complaining about the cost of a game does not indicate a lack of understanding the cost of the game. It merely means the customers think it is overpriced. Your attempt to conflate the two, coupled with your EA apologist stance by stating that the game cost money to make (as if that had any bearing on the subject when the game has a price tag to begin with) makes things clear from which angle you are coming from.

People were outraged because of grind length, and i've explained them why EA has increased the grind length[the community wanted] and why microtransactions were introduced -because some people have the money, and want to lessen the grind[lack of time, or just having a thick wallet] and why EA have to introduce such model to pay for the dev costs. It's not like they fucking scammed customers without informing about this before release -hence the outrage was completely uncalled for.

Im sure most people given the choice would choose a 60 dollar game with microtransactions than a 80-90 dollar game without it. So for EA it was a lesser evil, although given the outrage it might have backfired. Sales will tell though.

I guess with raising dev costs with 4k gaming, and the psychological-magical line of 60 dollars, more peple will have to accustom themselves to microtransactions, if they don't want to pay more for the graphically stunning AAA titles. It's a fact.

Last edited:

Cael

Arcane
People were outraged because of grind length, and i've explained them why EA has increased the grind length[the community wanted] and why microtransactions were introduced -because some people have the money, and want to lessen the grind[lack of time, or just having a thick wallet] and why EA have to introduce such model to pay for the dev costs. It's not like they fucking scammed customers without informing about this before release -hence the outrage was completely uncalled for.

Im sure most people given the choice would choose a 60 dollar game with microtransactions than a 80-90 dollar game without it. So for EA it was a lesser evil, although given the outrage it might have backfired. Sales will tell though
Bullcrap in the extreme.

The grind has nothing to do with costs. Grinding does not generate revenue for EA. Only microtransactions do. One has nothing to do with the other.

EA tried for the Flash MMO standard of cash grab and lost. It is as simple as that. The microtransaction model has been around for years and is well understood and exploited by gaming companies. EA is a Johnny come lately to the arena.

If EA introduced microtransactions to mitigate the initial cost of buying the game, that is one issue. Spending money to short-circuit the grind is another issue. Conflating the two is an attempt to excuse the inexcusible. Now, if you had said that the microteansactions were there to mitigate cost and did not bring grinding into the picture, you might have had a point. As it stands, you were trying to grab hold of any branch to excuse the PR nightmare that EA generated for itself.

What is the difference between chimps and some marketing drone trying to justify a massive misstep (instead of admitting they got it wrong and apologise)? When the chimps throw poo, they always have a target in mind. Marketing drones fling poo everywhere and hope it sticks somewhere.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom