Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol that's not an inXile staff member is it? Fantastic flamebait.
Not a red name, but based on their previous two posts it does look like a staff member. Or someone with a very weird sense of humor.

I saw those, but why would somebody from inXile need to "contact" Morgan to know whether they have an orchestral soundtrack or not? And a month before the game's release to boot. "If he answers"? It sounds more like he's speaking as the representative of a gaming news site or something.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
? Not me. I don't troll like that (anymore).

I regret posting that tweet. I'm getting traumatized over here.

More keys to understanding Cassie from stuff she posts publicly for some reason:

When my parents divorced, my father stopped being there at all. I used to beg to see him. If I was lucky, he'd come out of his own life once a year to see me. (And those meetings inevitably had their issues.)

I reconciled with my mother this year. This is one of the best things that happened to me in the last decade.

The first time I tried to kill myself, I was twelve years old. I was convinced I wasn't meant to be alive. Dead girl walking. I wanted to fix that, fix the fact that I was still occupying a body not intended to be ambulatory. My sister, who was six, stopped me. There were more recent attempts. I'm not comfortable discussing those.

:prosper: :linkinpark:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Fuck that shit! I am becoming a writer! From now on i will be fantadomat the magnifico the master of the divinum opus!

As long as you space out those commas, you will probably do a much better job ;)

And someone plz stop Collin.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
She reminds me of Tess Treadwell.

Ehh, other than superficially, I don't really see it.

I see that my once-darling Tess has purged her twitter account again and her current lone retweet is exasperatingly predictable. :negative:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
CNtoPYTWIAcHqlT.jpg

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Fuck that shit! I am becoming a writer! From now on i will be fantadomat the magnifico the master of the divinum opus!

As long as you space out those commas, you will probably do a much better job ;)

And someone plz stop Collin.
And because you asked nicely i decided to use spaces.

The swamp of Myritha, the swamp of eternal darkness, the devour of souls, the binger of life or simply ”that shithole” called by the locals. It is a swamp covering the vast expands of land in the southern foothold of Mount Sartstra, the great divider of the Travire Empirium. On its other side the swamp is surrounded by the vast planes of Theme Vicelare, filled with staggering amount of small villages, wine lord’s villas and fields of grain and grapevines. In the distance it could be seen mithril domes of the capital city of Theme Vicelare, Tharesia. The swamp itself is a huge pond filed with discussing dredge that once was called water, from it the towering monolithic trees are stretching up in the sky, while their veins are pulsing with mana and the life force once owned by adventure seekers. In its endless shadows there are countless creatures mutated by its mana heavy waters, searching, hunting always prowling the darkens ready do devour each others or a misguided adventurer. Among its dark waters the reason for adventures hides, the odd buildings of forgotten civilization, steep entrances and holes that lead to hidden rooms and galleries of once magnificent city filled with magic and riches, magnificent statues of long forgotten heroes or gods, crystals filled with knowledge some times useful and some time a recipes for disgusting cuisines.

At the north-eastern edge of the Myritha is the town of the name Barsie known for its hospitality and trading cunning. A small yet bustling with life town, sitting near the Arion’s pass and thus being on eastern trade route, all this making it a great place for preparing expeditions in to the swamp. Surrounded by a sturdy wall and a the tent camp of all the misfortune to not find place to stay or are simply too cheap spend money for a sleeping spot. The camp as is the city filled with large amount of merchants, mercenaries, adventures and all kind of rift-raft, searching for a way to strike big.

At the center of the town sits the biggest inn simply named “The red inn”, a tree story building made from massive red wood and stone blocks. Its name cut in a big red wood block above the double winged door. A place where a adventurers go to find work, booze or a company for the night. Under one of the mana lamps surrounding the front a group of such adventurers is cursing something fairly passionate.

A man covered in black trying to warm his hands by rubbing them against one another begins speaking.

-Where is the little wench, i am freezing here? Should have been here by now!

-Relax friend, she will be here soon.- A large bald man covered in a heavy armour responds.

-I bet she is in some whore house surrounded by slave boys.-continues the man in black-Remind me why are we not waiting for her in the tavern,Asries?

A fit elfen woman in light mithril armour sharpening her longsword rises her head, looks at the man and responds with a soft voice:

-It is her contact after all. Also the two of you with Tragring love to start fights once you have a drink or two.-changing her look at a redbearded dwarf cutting his nails with its battle axe.

-What?-response the dwarf- Those piss heads, goat-fuckers were searching for a trouble!

-One of them even spilled beer in my wine! Should have transformed him in to a charcoal, not in to a goat.-Chimes in the man in black.

-I can’t fathom why waste time in such pointless fights. There is no glory in fighting bunch of shit shovelers.- says the heavily armoured man.

-Not every battle could be the Ashen Crimson, Zauros. Also it is a noble’s responsibility to teach the plebs some manners. – responds the man in black while touching his shot sword.-Still it is damn good fun, it is nice to get the hearth pumping once in a while.

-You are the strangest wizard i have seen, most of your colleagues prefer to read some dusty tome than have their hands dirtied with mundane things. –Tragring responds.

-Reading dusty tomes is all fine, but it is far too limited for someone that searches perfection.-Says the man in black while pointing toward the stars in melodramatic jest.-Also there are not many gorgeous beauties as Asries in the halls of wisdom.

-You and your strange.... tastes.-She responds while taking a backstep in to the darkness.

As the man in black begins to talk a sweat voice interrupts him.

-Sorry for the delay guys, you won’t believe what happened on the way here.-A young girl dressed all in black light armour gives an apologetic smile.

-Yeah,yeah i get it Sasia lets go discus it inside before my balls freeze. I have a duty toward my house after all.-Says the mage with relief in his voice.-Hope they have nice wine in this dump.

With those words the man begins walking fast toward the front door, passing by a bunch of drunken merchants.

It took me two or maybe tree hours to write it. Gods it has been some time since i wrote,maybe there is 15 years.

2house2fly

Magister
Not particularly thrilled having one of Lesifoere's delusional bootlickers on the writing team, but the same was true for Tides of Numenera and that turned out all right (for me). :M

This is a hilarious bit of delusion though:
DOuZ3M7WkAAZR1P.jpg:orig

The idea that any of these chumps are going to be remembered decades from now or that Lovecraft is going to fade into obscurity. :lol:

Regardless, Wasteland 3: COLONIZED
Not that I have any particular problem with love, finding yourself, and hope, but I can't think of anything more antithetical to the entire premise of Lovecraftian horror.

Morkar Left

Is there any way a woman can write for a video game and not have the codex instantly hate her?

Yes. But she usually has to be a normal person who handles her job professionally and doesn't agitate for no reason about gender/gay topics in a militant and harassing way e.g. Roberta Williams, Lori Cole.

Mc Comb and InXile praising Miss Khaw to the heavens as at least one of the best writers ever in videogames doesn't help either. I'm sure most people haven't ever heard of her. What has she done to deserve such praise? It looks more like some guys are in heat than professionally introducing a new member of your team. They don't do her any favour with this in my book.

At least thanks to roguey stalking twitter posts we can understand where that strange urging comes from by Cassandra Khaw. I really feel sorry for her and hope she will eventually overcome her past.

But I don't really want gender topics in my videogames. I have no problems with it when it doesn't get shoved in your face and it occures in a normal way, e.g. like in New Vegas where it was fine.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Is there any way for DosBuster to stop being a dumbfuck fanboy?
Didn't you grow up yet? Still 15 or what were you last time?

Mc Comb and InXile praising Miss Khaw to the heavens as at least one of the best writers ever in videogames doesn't help either. I'm sure most people haven't ever heard of her. What has she done to deserve such praise? It looks more like some guys are in heat than professionally introducing a new member of your team. They don't do her any favour with this in my book.

While I don't doubt that McComb appreciates the drivel she writes, I'm betting they think she's some sort of big figure in the SJW crowd so they hope to attract them by hiring her.
They're probably desperate to find some kind of group of people interested in their games and maybe they are willing to resort to anything. Hey, fuck it, it would probably be easy as fuck to bait in the Biodrones.

imweasel

Is there any way a woman can write for a video game and not have the codex instantly hate her?
We shit all over Colon McCuck (male) and Ms. Underpants Gnome (female) equally.

As you can see Codexia is all about gender equality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I don't really want gender topics in my videogames.
For whatever it's worth, I've looked at some excerpts from Khaw's writing, and she seems perfectly capable of sticking to a piece's subject matter. If the problem is contamination of the work, I don't think it's an issue here. She appears to be professional. If the problem is "I don't like reading the work of authors who have personal opinions they share in public," of course, that's a different issue. And it's perfectly understandable not to be attracted to the work of those whose politics you disagree with. I wouldn't buy ice cream from a Nazi, but that's not really a reflection on the ice cream. Let's just be sure we know what we're complaining about here.

To get out in front of another objection to her, my problem is neither of the above but that her style tends toward the WACKY! WACKY! WACKY! Depending on how much freedom she's given, the atmosphere of her "section" might set a too-silly tone I wouldn't enjoy. I was serious above; I do think she could write great dialogue for whacko cultists or something like this. And after seeing her other work, I think she could do fine taking direction and creating narration etc. in a desired style.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
inXile mods don't get to look at IPs, eh?

Must be a drag for inXile that this is the only community that even cares to discuss them anymore. Ghost town everywhere else, including their own forums.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom