Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
Cassandra's first paranormal rom-com Bearly a Lady releases this year.
I'm pretty sure we don't need examples. In fact I'm begging you not to provide them.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
https://www.tor.com/2017/10/06/five-books-that-taste-great/#more-301997
Text has texture to me. Sentences can be saline, sweet, some beautiful combination of flavor notes; a paragraph can be a course onto itself, eliciting genuine frissons of delight. My brain decodes poetry as amuse bouche, short stories as three-course meals, and novels as sprawling examples of literary cuisine.

Synesthesia is fun.

No. Really. It is. Except when you’re talking about bad books, bad writing. Fortunately, we’re not talking about bad books, but instead about excellent books. Books that feel like they were hand-prepped by Gordon Ramsay, or whichever haute chef appeals to your own particular sensibilities.
images

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Oh yeah, thank you McComb, I was always interested in seeing the writing of a teenage girl, I'm so glad you bully... err... coaxed (excellent writing by the way!) her into working for you! :roll:

edit: Ah, lol:

Text has texture to me. Sentences can be saline, sweet, some beautiful combination of flavor notes; a paragraph can be a course onto itself, eliciting genuine frissons of delight. My brain decodes poetry as amuse bouche, short stories as three-course meals, and novels as sprawling examples of literary cuisine.

Synesthesia is fun.

No. Really. It is. Except when you’re talking about bad books, bad writing. Fortunately, we’re not talking about bad books, but instead about excellent books. Books that feel like they were hand-prepped by Gordon Ramsay, or whichever haute chef appeals to your own particular sensibilities.

Yeah, high-school level writing. No wonder McComb appreciates it.

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
Why is anyone shocked that they care more about "diversity" and virtue signaling than actual merit? Did you not pay attention for WL2 and Numenera before you backed this pile of rubbish? McComb's writing and visual cues are akin to what Cleve complained about his fag overlords were writing and asking to be drawn in the 90s, except McComb brags and shares on his social media for the world to see.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Uh, okay!

I just wanted to say something about how one should be wary of, as they say on TVTropes, Flanderizing inXile's output thus far. As far as I know, for all the complaints they received, neither Wasteland 2 nor Torment were actually widely accused of being particularly SJW-inflected. Maybe that'll change now, maybe it won't.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
To each his own. Looks like fetal alcohol syndrome to me.
Typical Asian without plastic surgery. It's not for everybody, true.

Also apart from her bitching, do we actually have any examples of her writing?

https://www.tor.com/author/cassandra-khaw/ The first sentence from the latest

The train rattles like teeth in a dead man’s skull

Okay dropped right there. Too many great bells tolling these days.
I .... well... I .... didn't find her writing bad? :selfhate:

*No seriously, I think she uses the language well.. Also sax man that summons monstrosities with his sax? Cool. Unfortunately these tweets fuckin ruin everything so...

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
https://forums.inxile-entertainment.com/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=18648
inXile Entertainment has just announced that the immensely talented Cassandra Khaw is writing for Wasteland 3.

Cassandra is one of the leading voices in queer fantasy fiction, and one of the most talented writers who have ever worked in video games. In an industry that is still dominated by straight white men writing straight white male characters, it takes massive bravery and unique talent to be successful as a diversity-conscious writer. Cassandra has been fantastically successful.

If you want to learn more about Cassandra's work before Wasteland 3 is released, you can check out her latest book Bearly a Lady, a disarmingly funny fantasy rom-com that's has already earned widespread acclaim. Fans of more serious horror fare will have a lot of fun with Hammers on Bone, which was a finalist for the British Fantasy Award and the Locus Award for Best Novella.

You can also check out her video essay "What Video Games Could Learn From The Speculative Fiction Community " on youtube right here:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
lol that's not an inXile staff member is it? Fantastic flamebait.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite

*No seriously, I think she uses the language well.. Also sax man that summons monstrosities with his sax? Cool. Unfortunately these tweets fuckin ruin everything so...

It's the same present tense purple prose I see everywhere else. All these progs write and act the same.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
lol that's not an inXile staff member is it? Fantastic flamebait.
No, just a regular user. The account was created in January and only has 3 posts, so I wouldn't be surprised if it belongs to a codexer.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

It's the same present tense purple prose I see everywhere else. All these progs write and act the same.
I'm really out of sync with new writers etc

Last edited:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I regret posting that tweet. I'm getting traumatized over here.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom