Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed Let's Play Drakensang: the River of Time

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 36: Trumpo

Rumpo is a magnificent shitlord. If the main character is male he will hit on Fayris and she has some strong responses to this.

Vh1IpfW.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Please close your mouth before you begin to drool.

wihXdLE.jpg
Such power in your words! How gladly would I pit my strength against yours until we both reclined exhausted.

EozdLOG.png
Mind your mouth. I could challenge you in another discipline that might not be so pleasant for you.

wihXdLE.jpg
I like strong women. ... Oh, that reminds me of my problem.

EozdLOG.png
I knew you had a problem.

wihXdLE.jpg
You're just in time to help me out of a difficult situation, should you be so disposed.

EozdLOG.png
Well, I could help you, if only you would give me your vote in return. I want to meet with your leader.

wihXdLE.jpg
I would be pleased to do so, but first I would ask that you help me.

EozdLOG.png
Then pray tell how awkward your predicament is.

wihXdLE.jpg
I trust you will handle the following information discretely. I trust that I will not have to ask Master Farfara here to deal with any problems that might arise from your actions.

EozdLOG.png
Of course!

wihXdLE.jpg
I trust you will handle the following information discreetly. I trust that I will not have to ask Master Farfara here to deal with any problems that might arise from your actions.

wihXdLE.jpg
I recently forgot my snuff box during a secret tryst with the barmaid in her chamber under the tavern. There is now a danger that her sweetheart will find it and make an unfortunate inference to my person.

EozdLOG.png
What's the problem with getting back a snuff box?

wihXdLE.jpg
Leti's sweetheart is Captain Irontaste. He has been spending a lot of time conducting his business from the tavern recently. I'm sure you appreciate my problem?

EozdLOG.png
I'm not stupid. So we have a deal?

wihXdLE.jpg
Naturally, I would be most grateful if you could retrieve the snuff box as quickly as possible. I presume... I can trust in the good impression you have made on me!

EozdLOG.png
Growler Bodo is right by the back exit. One false move and the dogs will bark down the whole village.

wihXdLE.jpg
How could I forget the dog breeder? Forgive me! Well, Alrico tricked him once by telling him he was taking a crate of Stonesoftener to the cellar for Jadira.

EozdLOG.png
And was he successful?

wihXdLE.jpg
It's a strong Dwarf schnapps from Angbar. Bodo and Hookensang are the only ones here who drink the stuff - for good reason.

EozdLOG.png
Why don't you use that pretext yourself?

wihXdLE.jpg
Bodo recently found out that somebody gave his dogs a sleeping potion. I don't want him to suspect me. You're new here, so he won't consider you.

EozdLOG.png
Alright, I will try Alrico’s trick.

Alrico’s trick actually works. However, it’s best that Angela goes about this alone to minimize the chance of detection.

Rn2MJy7.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Rumpo brought some of the good Stonesoftener schnapps back from his last raid. I'm supposed to get it into the cellar as discreetly as possible.

l2Uo4yi.jpg
Fine, fine! Bring it in. Just be careful and don't drop it!

Yr2EUxo.jpg

The barmaid will be in her room so Angela must enter the adjacent room and wait for Leti to leave for the bath.

cyyg5Ag.jpg

2sKzkiX.jpg

Inside a chest in Leti’s room Angela finds a snuff box.

29KPWRm.jpg

bPTr9Lf.jpg

7QEaxxX.jpg

However, back with Rumpo a complication arises.

d4Rhmp7.jpg

wihXdLE.jpg
Excellent! Then I'll... wait... this isn't my snuff tobacco. This isn't my snuff box! Please go and look again, and don't get caught.

Seems the barmaid did quite some slooting around.

EozdLOG.png
Not yours? So whose is it? Fine, I'll have to look into this.

Turns out Rumpo’s snuff box is in a chest in a small room. Angela also finds a pipe here.

AhBRtzx.jpg

Uf5fWm8.jpg

P1AKjvi.jpg

After retrieving the snuff box, however, Rumpo has another task.

NxD4M5Q.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Thank you, no snuff for me. Go on!

wihXdLE.jpg
Well... I must confer with my bosun Alrico. Unfortunately he is currently very poorly disposed. But I'm sure you'll manage to cheer him up.

EozdLOG.png
You didn't say I had to play nursemaid to your shipmate. That wasn't part of the deal!

wihXdLE.jpg
I didn't say you had to? It's your decision. But otherwise I won't be able to give you my vote, I am sorry. You'll find Alrico at the end of the jetty.

Angela has no choice but to comply.

bv3cAYj.jpg

45fGtQS.jpg

m0WQljd.png
Greetings, noble Alrico Farfara. I am Ardo of Boar... err Ardo, a merchant of the Middenrealm.

XcemGgR.png
I am Gammlund!

YPloVOT.png
Just call me Fayris.

a0itzOz.jpg
Well, without saying too much, I can tell you that you combine the advantages of both peoples.

a0itzOz.jpg
And to whom else do I owe the honor?

EozdLOG.png
My name is Angela Merkel.

a0itzOz.jpg
My lady. The pleasure is all mine.

a0itzOz.jpg
And how can Alrico Farfara help you?

EozdLOG.png
Your captain is worried about you. He wants me to help you and cheer you up.

a0itzOz.jpg
Oh, I had just forgotten the shame that fills my heart with grief. But you bring me hope, if the captain thinks that you might be able to retrieve the thing most precious to me above all others.

EozdLOG.png
What exactly is the problem?

a0itzOz.jpg
It is my rapier, a noble weapon made of the finest steel, fashioned by the best smiths in Grangor. It is a family heirloom that has been with the Farfaras since time immemorial. Stolen by a worthy servant of the notorious Soorman...

EozdLOG.png
[Human Nature] Hmm, go on, noble Alrico. [I shouldn't let him beguile me. He has a silver tongue.]

a0itzOz.jpg
Well, I have tried everything to retrieve my rapier, but the fellow just won't give it back. Either I must spill blood or live with the eternal humiliation and shame.

EozdLOG.png
I could try talking with the thief. Where can I find him?

a0itzOz.jpg
Wonderful! Maybe you will be able to take back what is mine from that blockhead. But you should know he's a mean customer and he has like-minded friends. You'll find him with his cronies at the dueling ground.

At the dueling ground, Angela can simply pickpocket the rapier from the pirate that has it.

qFx7U39.jpg

B6cNh1F.jpg

hiJd65W.jpg

With this matter solved Angela obtains her first vote.

8wtqYhb.jpg

E9qjjjV.jpg

niw3J9B.jpg

Rumpo also becomes a trainer afterward but he teaches nothing special.

Next, we will enter the inn.

K2p7usD.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 37: Muh lewt

Inside the tavern is Soorman aka Irontaste and a familiar face – Captain Hookensang.

SXWuD43.jpg

2TfeoID.jpg

UTlHWiA.jpg

EozdLOG.png
I am searching for someone, and therefore need to see Thunderfist. Can I can count on your vote?

AopFG8S.png
Of course I will help you... with one condition. Find a real solution to my problem this time and I will speak for you, just as you were going to speak to the Elves for me.

EozdLOG.png
The Elven puff deal is done with. Or what is the problem this time?

AopFG8S.png
I urgently need help against a person who is trying to discredit my leadership. Otherwise the crew will refuse to guide my ship to safe harbors.

EozdLOG.png
Let me guess. Your first mate?

AopFG8S.png
He accuses me of personal profit at the expense of the crew. After meeting with the sponsor of our last mission, the share of the loot to be distributed to the crew went missing.

EozdLOG.png
That suits him. Do you think he's the thief?

AopFG8S.png
Judge for yourself. He's just over there splashing out on expensive liquor. His very presence here is a mockery because every time he toasts me he also spreads his lies.

EozdLOG.png
Maybe I should listen to his 'lies'... over a few drinks.

AopFG8S.png
I trust in your discretion. Be advised, you will be at a disadvantage when drinking with him. Unless... you buy him something a little stronger. Prem Fire, for example!

EozdLOG.png
That’s a good tip. I’ll deal with him.

AopFG8S.png
I thank you. Clear up this matter to my satisfaction and you can count on my support.

When Angela talks to Soorman now he will just brush her off. We need to see his Ork first.

Also for some reason Soorman really hates Elves.

ClE41iR.jpg

EozdLOG.png
I haven’t even said what I want.

QXimAMT.jpg
Now you've told me that you do want something. My answer is 'No'.

Angela has had previous dealings with Bravethorn; he’s still an idiot.

SWWvyDg.jpg

nPYB8g4.jpg

EozdLOG.png
If you say so. Let’s have a drink.

nh7JAok.png
You can get me a drink, right? Hookensang kept all our loot for himself and now I'm poor as King Mizirion.

EozdLOG.png
Why would the captain do something like that?

nh7JAok.png
Why? What for? Who knows? Stupid question! He wants riches because he inherited nothing but pride. That's why he's hoarding all our loot.

nh7JAok.png
Bah! He say it was all stolen from the ship's chest. But of course he can't prove it... You buying or not?

EozdLOG.png
Alright, this round’s on me.

nh7JAok.png
Leti, honey, bring me and the wench here something to drink! She's paying.

dBWjA70.jpg

nh7JAok.png
Aaahh... this is the life. Let's have another one? I like it here!

EozdLOG.png
What about something a little stronger? Prem Fire! Or is that too much for you?

nh7JAok.png
Prem Fire? Er... too much for me? Never... Leti!

cAWKn4i.jpg
That sounds like trouble... but the customer's always right.

It’s easy to drive Bravethorn drunk… and apparently Angela can hold her liquor really well.

nh7JAok.png
Wanna hear a joke?

EozdLOG.png
Go on.

nh7JAok.png
Two pirate captains go into a bar. One says: 'Hey matey, what happened to your leg?' The one with the wooden leg says: 'A ballista bolt took it off.'

EozdLOG.png
That was the joke?

nh7JAok.png
Nooo. Anyway, the next time they meet, he's got a hook for a hand... like a certain captain we know! So the first pirate says: 'Hey matey, what happened to your hand'? The other one answers: 'A ballista bolt took it off.'

EozdLOG.png
When does it get funny?

nh7JAok.png
Listen, the next time they meet, he's missing an eye too! 'Hey matey, ballista get you again?' He answers: 'No, a bird pooped in my eye and I forgot about me hook'!

Once Bravethorn is dead drunk he can be lured outside and followed.

nh7JAok.png
Ooohh! Th' wheel up...onna ceiling... sp...spinning. Or is it me? G...gotta hold... tight. Won't...stop.

EozdLOG.png
You should go outside and get some fresh air. In a safe place.

cAWKn4i.jpg
Don't lie down here. Jadira will have at you with her rolling pin. You'd better take my advice!

nh7JAok.png
Y...you...always have g...good ideas. Yeah! Urgh, b...but I feel sssick... Gotta get out!

Outside Bravethorn leads Angela right to the loot he stole.

qNAd4nm.jpg

xj4TQp6.jpg

1EDV4IX.jpg

IYgJtsf.jpg

Bravethorn will attack once he notices but can be beaten into submission quickly.

dyf2bTD.jpg

nh7JAok.png
Ow, my head! Stop! Can't we talk about this?

EozdLOG.png
You talk! Your reaction betrays you. Admit that you stole the loot!

nh7JAok.png
It's my fair share! If it weren't for that stingy Captain... owww, don't hit me! The loot's under the rocks in the last grave there.

EozdLOG.png
Good. Are you going to confess to your comrades, or make yourself scarce?

nh7JAok.png
I'm gone. Things are getting too hot for me here. Maybe I'll go back to Ferdok and my son Lars.

EozdLOG.png
The stolen loot stays here. Now go!

Retrieving the loot, it’s actually possible to lie to Hookensang and keep a part for yourself. But really no reason to do this – Hookensang is a bro.

Y9be2EM.jpg

ZCgcaBY.jpg

vnBRlnr.jpg

AopFG8S.png
I will ask the Council to let you meet with Thunderfist. Farewell.

It’s possible to drink with Hookensang too.

J0AWv1m.jpg

cAWKn4i.jpg
Of course, Lord Stoneground. Coming right up!

AopFG8S.png
Aaaahhh... nothing else oils the throat like this stuff.

EozdLOG.png
Nice and strong, but not really my taste.

AopFG8S.png
It's an acquired taste, certainly! But don't make the same mistake as I once did. Don't mix Stonesoftener with other drinks.

EozdLOG.png
Why, what happened?

AopFG8S.png
I don't know. I have never successfully managed to reconstruct the precise events of that evening. But the result was... a headache, a truly terrible headache.

EozdLOG.png
Do you know anything about the Water Dragon?

AopFG8S.png
Everybody has seen or heard something to do with it. But if I knew where to find its hoard, I would certainly not be sitting here in this foul-smelling tavern.

EozdLOG.png
Your cough hasn't improved. Didn't you give up smoking?

AopFG8S.png
If you must know... I am currently forced to abstain. I have mislaid my pipe somewhere.

Angela actually found a pipe in Leti’s room.

EozdLOG.png
Is this your pipe?

AopFG8S.png
Praise be to the Twelfgods! Where did you find it?

EozdLOG.png
In the chambers of that young lady...

AopFG8S.png
Don't point! And lower your voice. By all the good Gods, Soorman is neither blind nor deaf.

EozdLOG.png
So wouldn't he know if Leti was cheating on him?

AopFG8S.png
An inexcusable blunder on my part! I cannot afford a dispute with Soorman. And her father... no - marriage would be out of the question. It wouldn't be fitting. I'm sure you understand.

EozdLOG.png
You can rely on my discretion. Here’s your pipe.

It is actually possible to ask some ducats in exchange for the pipe – but again, Hookensang is a bro.

AopFG8S.png
Truly honorable of you, I am impressed. Let me know immediately, should you be interested in the position of first mate.

EozdLOG.png
Thank you for your offer, but unfortunately I am very busy at the moment.

EozdLOG.png
Do you tell jokes like Bravethorn?

AopFG8S.png
I don't tell everyone this joke. It's about a young nobleman who inherited no land, became a shipwright and became increasingly indebted.

AopFG8S.png
The man was captured by pirates while working on a ship to pay off all his debts. The ransom letter sent to his family went unanswered.

AopFG8S.png
He only had one option: To stay with those who took his ship and therefore his last chance of living an honest life... that's how he became a pirate captain.

In the tavern should also be located the Tavern King, indebted to Goldtooth.

EPbVpJD.jpg

cAWKn4i.jpg
Oh, what do you want from him?

EozdLOG.png
He owes Avarosh money. I’m collecting it.

cAWKn4i.jpg
Haha, you'll be lucky! Unless, that is, you threaten to give him a good beating. He deserves one. Although... there might be a better way. I'll tell you for one ducat.

EozdLOG.png
Here you are. Tell me…

cAWKn4i.jpg
Threaten to tell the innkeeper that he sneaks into the wine cellar through the back door of her tavern. Heehee, then he'll do whatever you say.

EozdLOG.png
Innkeeper, back door of the tavern... got it. So where do I find him?

cAWKn4i.jpg
He always stands at the bar. But he isn't here right now. I've got work to do now, excuse me.

The Tavern King will show up later. There’s also Jadira, aka Bardshock, to talk to anyway for another vote.

Sw9e2yZ.jpg

9rr4PDc.jpg

EozdLOG.png
I'm looking for Radomir, the Tavern King. Is he here?

l9mfUiN.jpg
Radomir? That drunken dog is bound to be here soon. Why not keep me company until then.

EozdLOG.png
Your name sounds so exotic. Where are you from, Jadira?

l9mfUiN.jpg
I'm a true Zahori, my people are a traveling people with fire in their blood. This is why I traveled the land when I was young.

l9mfUiN.jpg
I stayed nowhere for longer than a month and had many adventures. Sometimes I worked as a camp follower or I sang and I danced.

l9mfUiN.jpg
Then I met Rumpo and followed him here. The old innkeeper had just died so I took over the business. Now they play the music that I want to hear.

EozdLOG.png
Jadira, you're on the Captain's Council. I...

l9mfUiN.jpg
... you need my vote, I presume. You'll get it, but first I want see if you're too fancy for a little job. I can't stand people who can't get stuck in.

l9mfUiN.jpg
Go to the distillery just outside the village and ask the lazy dog there where my delivery is. Get him to hurry up and bring the schnapps right over. Do that and you'll get my vote.

After talking to Jadira the Tavern King will stumble in.

Me6R3SE.jpg

vrRthwh.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Avarosh wants his money back.

c3Eodjv.jpg
Avarosh Greedy Pockets? He can wait. Not the only one I owe money. An' now I need a drink.

EozdLOG.png
Pay up first before you drink all your money!

c3Eodjv.jpg
Not a chance. Now leave me in peace.

EozdLOG.png
[Fast Talk] Avarosh said this is your last chance to pay up. Otherwise, he wants to settle the matter differently.

c3Eodjv.jpg
[Success] Oh, did he! Then I'm lucky you're such a peashful fellow.

EozdLOG.png
I’m glad we understand one another.

c3Eodjv.jpg
Here's the money. Now let me dr...drink in peace. Regards to Avarosh Greedy Pockets.

Now at last Goldtooth’s task is complete.

Tbxj6A0.jpg

EozdLOG.png
I got your 31 ducats. It was child's play.

9oDutdk.jpg
Child's play? Yes, yes... well you're not getting my vote for child's play. You knew that, right? Hehehe!

EozdLOG.png
Yes. How do you intend to further exploit my predicament?

9oDutdk.jpg
I'm told my mine is haunted and work has ground to a halt. Get my Dwarves delving again, yes?

EozdLOG.png
You haven’t told me where the delving is.

9oDutdk.jpg
Over the bridge and then right. Not left, got that? I'll put a nice big cross on your map in case that's too much for you to handle. There, hehe.

EozdLOG.png
What exactly is haunting the delving?

9oDutdk.jpg
If I knew that, I wouldn't have to send anyone, would I? Must I explain everything to you? Go on, time is gold... how many times do I have to I tell you?

EozdLOG.png
Alright, I’ll help you one last time.

For now, though, Angela will head outside the town.

adq4h9x.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 38: Redpelts

Outside the town is Soorman’s bosun Ork.

F9m2Ihf.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Yes! Are you Soorman's Bosun Ork? I have to come to you first if I want to speak to him? Right?

QeCkPbb.jpg
Zutar! Great ship Ork of Captain Irontaste! You careful, lots! Say me 'Blackfur' and I make crunch[> on you!

XcemGgR.png
What does that Blackfur want to make? Crunch?

YPloVOT.png
Psst…

m0WQljd.png
Shhh…

QeCkPbb.jpg
Huh? What tiddlebeard say?

XcemGgR.png
Tiddlebeard?

EozdLOG.png
Err... anyway. I need Soorman's vote. Can you help me?

QeCkPbb.jpg
Goar woahl, you smart! No-one bother captain. Orders!

EozdLOG.png
How can I convince you to let me speak with the Captain?

QeCkPbb.jpg
Har har, you smart enough - you come when work to do. Get Baruckas like little Redpelt here. They gone! Can always get new ones. But I want make crunch, teach others not leave!

EozdLOG.png
What? What are you talking about? I don't understand a word.

QeCkPbb.jpg
Want crunch leader of runaways. Then other Redpelts know... not good run away. Bring me leader! Then you go Irontaste, Kaya!

EozdLOG.png
What? You want me to hunt a Redpelt... a Goblin? You're not serious...

QeCkPbb.jpg
Hahahahaha ... hahahahaha ... yes! I always serious... hahah...

EozdLOG.png
Disgraceful! But fine, I'll hunt the Goblin.

QeCkPbb.jpg
Katwar! Haha, and you go quick south. Soorman clever. So you better go quick, if you want talk Captain.

YPloVOT.png
I have no idea what that Ork was trying to say to us.

Jadira’s distillery is to the west of the town, there appears to be some drama with trolls.

yGZFh6H.jpg

ZF4ijfS.jpg

EozdLOG.png
What happened?

Osjx0Ul.jpg
It's terrible! These trolls just turned up... wanted sugar, anything sweet. The smelled the alcohol and tried it. Now they're smashing the place up looking for something sweet to eat. Get rid of the trolls! Otherwise they'll tear my hut apart too.

EozdLOG.png
I’ll deal with it.

The trolls can be convinced to leave, but for some reason the difficulty of Fast Talk is 18… this must be an oversight since there is no reason why dumb trolls would be so difficult to influence.

1qDtBJR.jpg

So unfortunately, Angela is forced to take down the trolls.

kkXIwxz.jpg

7XY2beg.jpg

CtGSA0u.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Thank the innkeeper. She sent me because she was still waiting for her schnaps delivery. Do you have any left, or did the Trolls drink it all?

Osjx0Ul.jpg
They drank pretty much everything! I managed to save a small bottle of my best stuff. Here, take it!

EozdLOG.png
Thank you. Hopefully this will make the dry spell at the innkeeper's a little more bearable.

Before returning to town, Angela should look for the goblins in the southern part of the area.

For one, there’s a goblin skulking around behind a tree.

J7EkxJp.jpg

wPdS3Gm.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Maybe. Are you one of them?

zEGZuBx.jpg
No, no. But know where runoff Goblins go. I tell and you give reward?

EozdLOG.png
Tell me! I'll check. If it's true, you'll get your reward from the Bosun Ork.

zEGZuBx.jpg
Ohoh, Bosun Ork baaaaad! But if he give reward, then I tell you. High behind hill... there shaman and other Goblins. Her fault!

zEGZuBx.jpg
Reshamama is shaman and help run off! She not dumb like other Goblins. I wait here and come with you later for reward.

EozdLOG.png
Just up the hill… we’ll see.

There’s indeed a group of goblins to the very south… but not really any reason to kill them.

Aoc5cIb.jpg

1jimp6p.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Are you one of the escaped goblins?

Q6qxrti.jpg
By Weruuul and Kaysetoost! I knew you would come, river man. But we will fight.

EozdLOG.png
I'm not one of the pirates from round here. But I'm looking for the ones in charge. Who helped the Goblins escape?

Q6qxrti.jpg
I, Reshamama! Will you kill me now? I won't surrender!

EozdLOG.png
I have an idea. I met a Goblin not far from here who told me we would find the escaped Goblins here.

Q6qxrti.jpg
Must be Yobbo. Wretched traitor!

EozdLOG.png
Fine, they want a guilty Goblin. We'll give them Yobbo the traitor. What do you think?

XcemGgR.png
Bah, I hate traitors, and this Mama seems alright. We should trust her. At least she has some sense!

EozdLOG.png
Good decision, my friend. These Goblins will remember us if we let them go.

XcemGgR.png
Hehe, good! I don't want anyone saying I tickle the innocent with my ax. Haha ...

Q6qxrti.jpg
Your suggestion is good. I will disappear with my Goblins and you take Yobbo the Traitor to the Ork. I thank you. You are wise... wise like Reshamama. Take my staff in thanks!

EozdLOG.png
Thank you, Reshamama! Good luck... and hurry! They're already looking for you.

XcemGgR.png
Hmm, she sounded intelligent, that one.

m0WQljd.png
Haha, Forgrimm. You’re becoming quite the diplomat.

Yobbo is easy to trick and led to his doom.

4xRDs3i.jpg

zEGZuBx.jpg
You find shaman and punish?

EozdLOG.png
Yes, she is dead! Come with me to the Ork. Then you'll get your reward. I'll come with you.

zEGZuBx.jpg
Oh, niiiice... Yobbo get good reward. Get old bread and rusty nail... ohohoh, happy!

Yr0tfTd.jpg

EozdLOG.png
[Fast Talk] Yes this is him!

zEGZuBx.jpg
You lieeeee! I help Zutar and tell on other Goblins. Pleeeasse no crunch with me. Ohohoh ...

QeCkPbb.jpg
[Success] Shut up, you fish food now. But I can make very long crunch with you. So be quiet!

QeCkPbb.jpg
Guoarta! Go to Irontaste, he will hear you now. From now Zutar and Irontaste sometimes maybe like you.

QeCkPbb.jpg
Redpelt! March to make crunch!

zEGZuBx.jpg
Ohohoh... *whimper*

Back at the inn, however, Soorman will still not want to talk to us.

PQa1xY7.jpg

At least we now know Sanraya (Alari’s sister) is in Hammerberg.

YPloVOT.png
You'll feel an arrow's bite if you don't hold your tongue.

EozdLOG.png
I understand you don't seem to like Elves.

QXimAMT.jpg
You understand? What do you understand? Shut your mouth if you don't know what you're talking about.

EozdLOG.png
Zutar said you would listen to me.

QXimAMT.jpg
He said that? Do you think I'll help you just because you made that filthy Ork happy? Hmhmm.

EozdLOG.png
This is an important matter for me. I'm looking for a woman...

QXimAMT.jpg
So you're looking for a woman... and I'm neither a pimp nor a private investigator.

EozdLOG.png
What do you mean?

QXimAMT.jpg
What do I mean. Hmhmm.

QXimAMT.jpg
You may be able to win the other Council members' votes. But you will still need my vote. I'm the most important man here. Now get away from me.

Seems we need to return to Soorman after obtaining all the other votes.

Jadira, at least, will grant her vote immediately.

povkMid.jpg

l9mfUiN.jpg
What? I expect there's a good reason for this... hmm?

EozdLOG.png
A couple of Trolls have wrecked the distillery and drunk the schnaps. I drove them off. The distiller is ok, and I thought I'd bring the rest of the schnaps.

l9mfUiN.jpg
Well done. You're not afraid to act. I like that. You'll get my vote on the Council and plenty of free beer to wash away the smell of troll.

Jadira has an extra quest unrelated to the Council vote.

EozdLOG.png
Maybe I can help you, since you made it so easy to get your vote.

l9mfUiN.jpg
You are a darling! Maybe you can... I have some business with Rumpo that makes me so sad. *sigh*

EozdLOG.png
The Captain? Rumpo Widowfriend?

l9mfUiN.jpg
Don't call him that. He got that name because of his boastful talk. He used to be so different. He was rough and ready, he spoke his mind.

EozdLOG.png
Used to? Jadira... you and Rumpo? You were a couple?

l9mfUiN.jpg
Yes. *sigh*... Then he went out raiding and came back a changed man. The old Perchbold had turned into that foppish widow-chaser. I just don't like him any more. I want the old, crude, ugly but honest Rumpo!

EozdLOG.png
Do you want me to talk to Rumpo?

l9mfUiN.jpg
Absolutely not! I already spoke with Sanraya the Elf. She's going to brew me a potion. She just needs a lock of hair from Rumpo's head. Maybe you can get it and take it to Sanraya?

EozdLOG.png
I’ll see what I can do.

Angela will talk to Rumpo immediately anyway.

xF4RhmH.jpg

wihXdLE.jpg
If I have erred in my conduct, I deeply regret it.

EozdLOG.png
I can live with that.

wihXdLE.jpg
Well, I aquired the title 'Capitano Rumpo', a name fit for a seducing charmer.

There are various ways to deal with Rumpo here.

cq7Xbh5.jpg

wihXdLE.jpg
What do you mean? Surely, you jest. Unless, of course, you mean the ladies. They're all enchanted with me.

EozdLOG.png
[Arcane Lore] [The ring on Rumpo's finger has a magical aura.] This ring, is truly enchanting ...

wihXdLE.jpg
There's no reason to look so embarrassed. Do not fear, I take no umbrage at your comment.

With her thief skills Angela can simply nab the ring from Rumpo’s finger. It’s also possible to take a lock of hair but not really necessary.

KNpttE3.jpg

wihXdLE.jpg
[Success] Yeah, I got a good grip. Wanna feel? Burp! Oops... heheheh!

xcxDPb2.jpg

wihXdLE.jpg
[Success] Oh that's very nice of you... heheheh! Do you do other nice things?

EozdLOG.png
I’ll go now.

Handing the ring over to Jadira solves this quest.

gcbJqRW.jpg

l9mfUiN.jpg
And you're talking like a crazy person! Ring? What about the potion? You didn't talk to him about me, did you? Wait till I get my rolling pin!

EozdLOG.png
The ring caused his eccentric behavior. It may be gold, but it gives whoever wears it a silver tongue. That's why Rumpo suddenly started talking so pompously.

l9mfUiN.jpg
So that was it. I wondered why he was wearing that ugly bit of kitsch. It didn't suit a man like Rumpo at all!

EozdLOG.png
Errm… yes.

xtSiZtP.jpg

Next, Angela will get Goldtooth's vote

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 39: Bosnickel

Goldtooth’s “haunted” delving is past the bridge which will now be lowered.

9jA1GSL.jpg

Past the bridge is the elusive Sanraya.

cXEqUkO.jpg

EPV3KMu.jpg

YPloVOT.png
Are you a Half Elf too?

WYK6ZHO.jpg
What makes you think that, feytala? No weak Human blood flows through my veins!

YPloVOT.png
Oh... I'm... sorry. Please forgive me. I thought you lived with the Humans because your tribe...

WYK6ZHO.jpg
Listen, girl! If there's one thing I've learned, never let anyone tell you how to live and what's right. Now tell me, what are you doing here?

EozdLOG.png
Are you Sanraya of the Storm Sentinel tribe? Alari is worried about her sister.

WYK6ZHO.jpg
Alari Springborn? Ahh, I miss her too. But this life would not be for her and I will not return to the say'dhaba.

EozdLOG.png
You are so certain of that, although you only recently left your tribe?

WYK6ZHO.jpg
Elves grow as old as the trees, but for Humans seven years is a long time. There are so many stories in this place! You know, everybody came here to be free.

EozdLOG.png
Why did you leave the forests of your home?

WYK6ZHO.jpg
I just wanted to experience all the different sides of life! This yearning created disharmony in the song of the tribe, so one day I decided to leave. I have seen so much since that day.

EozdLOG.png
Yes, but do you never intend to return? Do you think that your tribe would not take you back?

WYK6ZHO.jpg
I may be closer to badoc, but that is no loss. I gain because I understand so much more! I feel another, more powerful creature within me ever since I lost my iama.

EozdLOG.png
You lost your instrument? How?

Sanraya now marks the location of the Water Dragon’s lair on the world map.

WYK6ZHO.jpg
On my travels I came upon a wondrous cave. I saw a sparkling in its depths. But as I approached, a scaly creature full of anger and greed arose from the waters!

EozdLOG.png
The Water Dragon!

OzXmalY.jpg

Sanraya is not only a trainer, she also sells a lot of high quality equipment, including the recipe for the best fencing weapon in the game.

Angela buys whatever is useful.

ujn1T1H.jpg

F4otVxg.jpg

IASQ5lJ.jpg

Sanraya also sells another piece of the Storm Sentinel set.

wpj4787.jpg

Behind Sanraya’s hut is a locked chest containing a large healing potion, the last ingredient Fayris needed to craft the Perfect Soul Bow.

NtP1bbG.jpg

zMjjdu9.jpg

fYR1mWP.jpg

S7rXzEc.jpg

After these distractions Angela can focus on the haunted delving. A Dwarf comes running out in panic as soon as Angela approaches.

IOzwv7u.jpg

h5dxm7k.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Calm down! That's exactly why Avarosh sent me. Tell me what's wrong.

qMwI9Qy.jpg
A crazy Bosnickel has run amok in the delving. Anyone stupid enough not to leave the mine gets turned into stone.

EozdLOG.png
What’s a Bosnickel?

qMwI9Qy.jpg
You don't know what a Bosnickel is? A nasty Leprechaun with a thing for metal, that's what. It turns things into stone and changes gold into worthless fool's gold.

EozdLOG.png
Tell me more about the Bosnickel.

qMwI9Qy.jpg
He turned up in the delving a few days ago. He started with practical jokes, trying to get us to leave. Things got worse and worse until Avarosh ordered us to catch him and silence him.

EozdLOG.png
And that didn’t work?

qMwI9Qy.jpg
Of course not! The Bosnickel was powerful. Much too powerful. He turned all my friends to stone. He got to me last. Instead of turning me to stone, he just giggled.

EozdLOG.png
Why did he spare you?

qMwI9Qy.jpg
He said I was lucky. And then he babbled something like: "Fiddlesticks and poppycock, not again! Only four letters in my name. Can't turn you into stone, I've already made four statues."

EozdLOG.png
This story gets stranger and stranger.

qMwI9Qy.jpg
True. Maybe it had something to do with his name. I heard you can drive them off if you learn their name. But that's just a legend.

EozdLOG.png
Well, it’s better than nothing.

qMwI9Qy.jpg
Finding out his name to drive him out is one thing, but please try to turn my four friends back.

EozdLOG.png
[Arcane Lore] A 'BREAK ENCHANTMENT' spell might work.

Fayris knows the spell “Rescindere” so visiting Sanraya is not necessary.

IY832Xt.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Do you have any idea why the Bosnickel singled you out?

qMwI9Qy.jpg
Well ... err. No... well, maybe... the delving borders on Norgamashzrom.

This Dwarven term triggers Forgrimm’s Dwarfnose.

AVdkq47.jpg

qMwI9Qy.jpg
Huh… how do you know?

XcemGgR.png
Every Dwarf knows about King Arombolosh's law. Severe punishment awaits those who seek the Forbidden Delving! Drodda Norgamashzrom... Hands off Norgamashzrom!

qMwI9Qy.jpg
Err... yes, I know... but what am I supposed to do now?

EozdLOG.png
By the Long Beard of Angrosh! ... Put things in order and hope the King never finds out!

qMwI9Qy.jpg
Ka baskan Draxin! You are right... I'll never set foot in that delving again!

EozdLOG.png
Wait out here! I’ll deal with it.

qMwI9Qy.jpg
You can count on that. Oh, if you need a torch or bandages, just ask. I'm the quartermaster and smith for the delving. My supplies are modest, but I hope they'll suffice.

Once inside the delving, the Bosnickel soon shows up.

IfNmSVu.jpg

qcOGTlY.jpg

DFwtpvj.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Who are you?

JXuvQrk.jpg
Heeheehee…

JXuvQrk.jpg
I'm the all-singing, all-dancing Bosnickel! Your worst nightmare!

EozdLOG.png
And what does my worst nightmare want?

JXuvQrk.jpg
I have a warning, heehee.

EozdLOG.png
A warning? About what?

JXuvQrk.jpg
A warning of the secrets of the delving. Do you see this next to me? This shapeless pile of rocks? This was once a Dwarf. I turned him into stone! He will delve no more! Heehee, but who are you? And what do you want?

EozdLOG.png
Why are you doing all this?

JXuvQrk.jpg
I'm not telling. I warned you, didn't I? Isn't that enough?

EozdLOG.png
Avarosh sent me. I'm here to get things running properly again!

JXuvQrk.jpg
Oh, not good. But games are in my nature, so I say: will you play a game with me?

EozdLOG.png
What game?

JXuvQrk.jpg
I'm not telling. First you must say yes, heehee.

EozdLOG.png
Yes!

JXuvQrk.jpg
Here's the game: Questions and answers, we will play. If you win, you get my name and can command me. The Dwarves I'll turn back too. But you will not win... heeheehee.

EozdLOG.png
Good, let us begin.

JXuvQrk.jpg
Tatatada! Let the show begin. Clear the stage for the riddle master!

cNOzijv.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Please get to the point.

JXuvQrk.jpg
Quiet please! I'm about to tell you the rules. Listen well!

JXuvQrk.jpg
1. Only you can answer. 2. You must answer immediately. 3. You can ask one companion only once. 4. You can buy one answer with rat tails. 5. You may lock out two wrong answers once. Understand?

EozdLOG.png
Yes!

The questions are p. easy and related to Aventurian lore.

JXuvQrk.jpg
What is a popular Aventurian woman's name beginning with N.

A) Alrik B) Lena C) Cella D) Niame

EozdLOG.png
D) Niame?

JXuvQrk.jpg
Right! You win. My bearded helper will now give you your reward.

bVIuru3.jpg

EozdLOG.png
The Bosnickel did it using magic.

zyPGGsx.jpg
He did what? Oh... I'd be angry if only I weren't so tired.

EozdLOG.png
Go to the exit! You don't want that Leprechaun to turn you to stone again.

zyPGGsx.jpg
I just need to rest a little, then I'll go.

The other stone Dwarves are deeper into the delving.

rtJwN7R.jpg

Upon reaching a staircase the Bosnickel will pop up again with a unique challenge.

JK6KcBF.jpg

BwmPUsE.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Fine! What is it now?

JXuvQrk.jpg
Repeat the following tongue-twister perfectly!

EozdLOG.png
Let’s hear it!

JXuvQrk.jpg
*Mumble* *rasp* *murmur* *whisper* *croak*

With high enough Perception Angela can solve this.

EozdLOG.png
[Perception] Listen carefully: *Mumble* *rasp* *murmur* *whisper* *croak*

JXuvQrk.jpg
Huh... whaaat? I couldn't make it out, but I didn't hear a mistake either. Mediocre, veeeery mediocre. Fine... I'll still put something in the rainbow chest.

The second stone Dwarf is in a room down the stairs.

5uCi8RZ.jpg

Vzq45n0.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Yes!

JXuvQrk.jpg
The 1000 *what* army?

A) Coach B) Ogre C) Goat D) Dragon

There is little trick here: Angela will give the wrong answer on purpose.

The right answer is Ogre, btw.

EozdLOG.png
D) Dragon?

JXuvQrk.jpg
... Hm, heehee, no! Now you'll have to change him back yourself. Do you want to fly now?

EozdLOG.png
Yes. [Transversalis]

JXuvQrk.jpg
A parting gift for my new friends. *poof*

The Bosnickel teleports the group to a an otherwise inaccessible room with a chest containing the Storm Sentinel greaves for Fayris. This is the only way to obtain them.

Le4wvve.jpg

k2UAzBz.jpg

fesvn7O.jpg

Back in the room with the stone Dwarf, Fayris uses her “Stone to Flesh” spell.

MC7yUI1.jpg

rxK3I59.jpg

v1AyRYO.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Be careful what you say. The Leprechaun might hear you!

XzZtJMz.jpg
I don't care! Wait until I get my hands on him!

EozdLOG.png
How did the Leprechaun get you?

XzZtJMz.jpg
I was looking for him. It wasn't difficult. He's always chattering away to himself...

XzZtJMz.jpg
When I found him, I snuck up on him without a sound. I was just about to grab him when he turned round and everything when dark. He must have good ears.

EozdLOG.png
I’m going. Take care of yourself.

XzZtJMz.jpg
I will! That Leprechaun won't make a fool of me again. 'O for Oneberry cake'! I hate Oneberries!

Deeper down the delving, Forgrimm’s Dwarfnose is of use again.

TE1i7Ws.jpg

6JdyazP.jpg

There’s a secret room with some loot.

2n2gbi5.jpg

5zWkfs6.jpg

Oyh4lkQ.jpg

The third stone Dwarf is down a ramp leading to a flooded chamber.

HNPMIRF.jpg

XQkIaK9.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Yes!

JXuvQrk.jpg
What's the longest river in Aventuria?

A) Thunderbrook B) Great River C) Yaquir D) Ingval

EozdLOG.png
B) Great River?

JXuvQrk.jpg

0MMb72R.jpg

EozdLOG.png
A Leprechaun turned you to stone. Do you remember?

V5H3x6N.jpg
Aha! That explains everything. I was just about to get the pump working... water had broken through, you see... Then boom! ... I was gone. Everything went black...

V5H3x6N.jpg
I thought the jammed lever had come loose and bashed me on the head. Haha... but then I would have seen stars and not just black... haha.

EozdLOG.png
I'm off to hunt the Leprechaun.

V5H3x6N.jpg
Good hunting! I'll get to the pump. Everything seemed fine at the last inspection. It must have been sabotaged by one of those little tunnel rats.

EozdLOG.png
Good luck to you too.

The sapper Dwarf will head to a room with a fixed lever… he’ll fix it eventually and drain the flooded room.

bNjEJRO.jpg

jKq4GI0.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Can you fix the water pump?

V5H3x6N.jpg
Of course. But it will take a little while. It's just a storeroom down there anyway. But if the water rises, it'll cause all kinds of damage. Damage, I tell you... worse than a rock goblin's toilet.

The final stone Dwarf is in front of a railing.

qN3os8u.jpg

T355GBj.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Yes!

JXuvQrk.jpg
What do the Thorwalians call their long ships?

A) Coggers B) Cutters C) Potters D) Ottas

EozdLOG.png
D) Ottas?

JXuvQrk.jpg

4fytyc8.jpg

EozdLOG.png
I am…

itSQIf0.jpg
If you're our friend, get that wretched intruder! Go on!

EozdLOG.png
If you want to get rid of the Leprechaun, why don't you deal with him yourself...?

itSQIf0.jpg
Are you calling me a coward? Careful!

itSQIf0.jpg
How can I chop him up with my ax, if I can't get to him?

EozdLOG.png
Then I’ll go on a Leprechaun hunt…

Unexpectedly, the rude Dwarf dishes out a reward.

JhKgwDJ.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Thank you, I hope the pick won’t be necessary.

itSQIf0.jpg
Yes, yes, yes… off you go!

In the deepest part of the dungeon, Angela can finally “banish” the Bosnickel.

KnyngEl.jpg

Note: “heffalump” is from Winnie the Pooh…

JXuvQrk.jpg
What? Here already?! And crashing around like a heffalump! I didn't expect that. Rules are rules. Now my final question: What's my name?

EozdLOG.png
Are you Dave? Or Kevin? No. How about NOGO?

JXuvQrk.jpg
What? How? I don't believe it! You tricked me. Just like my cousin Rumplestiltskin. So be it. My vanquisher, command me!

EozdLOG.png
Listen! Leave this delving.

JXuvQrk.jpg
Today is different, this isn't the last you've seen of me... If you're greedy, look in the crate at the back. Be warned! Avarosh is the greediest of them all. He will find only corruption where he seeks.

In this room is also the “rainbow chest” which spawned because Angela passed the Bosnickel’s “tongue-twister”.

YFZGzBV.jpg

The chest contains some good Dwarven loot for Forgrimm.

MXPAgNx.jpg

vEEiSUR.jpg

TwXBfvX.jpg

After this, the rude Dwarf will kick Angela out.

8BiqSRC.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Unauthorized? I saved your skins and rid the delving of the Leprechaun by order of Avarosh himself! Where's your gratitude?

itSQIf0.jpg
If Avarosh sent you, then go talk to him about gratitude! I have a schedule to meet. We're already way behind.

itSQIf0.jpg
We'll have to put on extra shifts! And that means angry workers.

itSQIf0.jpg
Go! To the exit! Chop, chop…!

kKYuyY5.jpg

XcemGgR.png
Bah! You're an unfriendly fellow! Ever heard of gratitude?

itSQIf0.jpg
I didn't ask for your help! Complain to Avarosh!

In any case, now Goldtooth will finally grant his vote.

xBjLLG5.jpg

EozdLOG.png
I met a Leprechaun in your delving, but I managed to drive him away.

9oDutdk.jpg
Good, good! those Leprechauns are a terrible plague! I'll hire some more Dwarves to make up for the lost time, yes!

EozdLOG.png
Stop! Do I finally have your vote now?

9oDutdk.jpg
Yes, yes, if you wish. But now I must take care of the delving.

EozdLOG.png
What are you doing in the delving?

9oDutdk.jpg
What's that to you? Do I ask you about your private affairs?!

EozdLOG.png
That’s not how I remember it.

9oDutdk.jpg
Well, I have a better memory than you.

EozdLOG.png
Could there be a reason for the Leprechaun's actions?

9oDutdk.jpg
Errm... sure. The reason is... Leprechauns are malicious, snot-nosed little pests who just like to cause trouble.

EozdLOG.png
Whatever you say.

Now Angela can finally talk to Soorman properly… also talking to Snow Rose again, turns out she has some interesting information in exchange for 2 ducats.

lg539TR.jpg

Speaking of Rahja worship, this is how their deonts look:

Wa7dEqy.jpg

They possess quite interesting carnal miracles.

QTgez6h.jpg
Alright then, listen up! It's a secret, but Soorman once tried to rob an Elven coach in Farindel Woods and was held prisoner in Spriteland for ten years. That's why he's so scared of the supernatural.

That explains why Soorman hates Elves.

QTgez6h.jpg
Avarosh comes to see me a lot. You know... the little beard-mumbler likes me. And he talks in his sleep. There's something in his delving that he's afraid of. But he's obsessed with owning it...

QTgez6h.jpg
But whatever he's doing is against Dwarven law. He's terrified of an official coming and causing problems for him.

Angela probably hasn’t heard the last of the delving yet…

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 40: Sour Man

Finally Angela can have a “proper” conversation with Soorman.

PRpXWu9.jpg

EozdLOG.png
How do you intend to find that out?

QXimAMT.jpg
Take this letter to my friend. He owes me a share of the loot from his last raid. Give him this letter with my instructions unopened.

EozdLOG.png
Is that all?

QXimAMT.jpg
The man is called Big Nose Barnabas. His place is in the woods east of here. ... Meet me back here with the loot. Nice and easy, hmm?

EozdLOG.png
Just as you say. I’ll be back.

Of course, Angela will read the letter anyway.

8covjgl.jpg

6cra73S.jpg

Of course, there’s a way to avoid bloodshed. This is where the forgers come in.

LyvY45R.jpg

zWiKt2U.jpg
Let me see. Hmm. Changing this message would be a worth a lot to you, wouldn't it? What do you want it to say?

EozdLOG.png
Give the bearer of this message the loot and all your gold!'

zWiKt2U.jpg
I’ll do it for 10 ducats.

EozdLOG.png
Deal! Do it.

zWiKt2U.jpg
Here is the document you wished. I wonder if we will meet again.

EozdLOG.png
Thank you for your good work.

At Barnabas’ farm, the ruse actually works. Another brilliant Phexcapade.

WJDN85G.jpg

gu6fdG3.jpg

XHmR05i.jpg

This should be enough to get Soorman’s vote. But of course it doesn’t end with this.

u4UrB6B.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Here's the loot. Or did you think I wouldn't manage it?

QXimAMT.jpg
Hmhm, you have exceeded my expectations.

EozdLOG.png
The errand wasn't exactly what I was expecting either.

QXimAMT.jpg
I think you get to know people best when you surprise them.

EozdLOG.png
So do I get your vote now?

QXimAMT.jpg
My vote? Do I look like Arella the river mermaid? Do I have shells on my chest or the tail of a fish? Hmm?

EozdLOG.png
Err, what? No, but…

QXimAMT.jpg
Listen to me. If you want to see your friend again, then do exactly as I tell you.

EozdLOG.png
Another errand before I get to meet Thunderfist?

QXimAMT.jpg
Hmm, no. Thunderfist is too stubborn to tell you where you'll find the red-head. I, on the other hand, can help you if you help me.

EozdLOG.png
You want to go behind your leader’s back?

QXimAMT.jpg
More than that. I want to be the leader. And you will kill Thunderfist for me.

EozdLOG.png
Kill? That's a suicide mission!

QXimAMT.jpg
There are enough people ready to help me seize power. As soon as you attack, they will fight by your side.

QXimAMT.jpg
Should you decide to speak of my plans to anybody else, then Golgari's wings will be the next thing you hear after the screams of your friends.

Note: Golgari is Boron’s raven.

EozdLOG.png
I see.

At this point there’s not really any other choice but to go through with Soorman’s plan.

Ld1liJ2.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Yes. I don't care which of you knaves gives the orders. My search for Mora is more important.

QXimAMT.jpg
Hmhmm. Who dares, wins. Take the eastern path through the woods to the gate. I will tell the guards to let you pass through the cave. We will speak of Mora when I am the leader.

Once outside, Leti the barmaid will come storming out.

GFttwvW.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Calm down and start again from the beginning.

cAWKn4i.jpg
He wants to force you to kill Thunderfist? You mustn't do it! ... I feel so bad.

EozdLOG.png
Why do you feel bad?

cAWKn4i.jpg
Because I helped him too! But I didn't know his intentions! I don't want them all to kill each other...

This may be why Leti slooted around with p. much half the town.

EozdLOG.png
But you know one of them will have to lose, don't you?

cAWKn4i.jpg
*bursts into tears*...! But I don't want to live with a murderer. What if he has you killed too? I couldn't stand it!

m0WQljd.png
Poor girl. That rogue has no scruples whatsoever. It's good that you have seen his true face.

XcemGgR.png
You and that...? Err... I... I mean... Murder Thunderfist like cowards? I don't like the sound of that either.

YPloVOT.png
We are not paid murderers and we cannot be forced to murder anyone. We will consider our actions carefully.

cAWKn4i.jpg
So… so now what?

EozdLOG.png
I would rather not talk about my plans. But thank you for your honesty, Leti.

cAWKn4i.jpg
I understand. The Twelfgods be with you! ... Oh... what have I done?

In any case, there is now access to the next Hammerberg area: the Secret Harbour.

udcIqMP.jpg

LKqRnxN.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 41: Thundertits

Soorman’s retardo Ork will be waiting at the entrance of the Secret Harbour.

YPan4yG.jpg

VehYNJY.jpg

Thunderfist’s ship is guarded by three yuge lizardmen.

zZPzO1I.jpg

WciL9JZ.jpg

Thunderfist turns out to be yuge Thorwalian womyn.

There’s also a mage here, likely a crony of Coldstone’s.

WWtsxeJ.jpg

3Y7nMPM.jpg

ZLQMcYx.jpg

LnVYqcS.jpg

XVgIm96.jpg

IQuI3tk.jpg

yTfdkmH.jpg

iuE3qL1.jpg

EozdLOG.png
My name is Angela Merkel and I am looking for Mora. Can you tell me where she is?

NI5gdtI.jpg
And why should I help you?

EozdLOG.png
Because I can help you too. Soorman is planning to attack you.

NI5gdtI.jpg
Soorman? That treacherous landlubber! As if he would help anybody but himself.

It doesn’t take long for shit to hit the fan.

lICKcBF.jpg

ShjKvJo.jpg

Eilif and her three marus now temporarily join Angela’s party.

vd3dwCv.jpg

Now finally Angela gets to kill Soorman’s retardo Ork. It's possible to remove his goblins because Angela previously helped the goblin shaman.

P4a73VY.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Goblins, don't listen to the bad Ork! Flee! A Reshamama is waiting in the woods. She will help you.

PQaWAyb.jpg

QeCkPbb.jpg
Ghorkai! Stubborn bait go! No Redpelts... More crunch for Zutar.

QeCkPbb.jpg
Finish talk! You lose head now. Ai Kattach!

Without his goblins retardo Ork stands no chance at all.

L9GUpXv.jpg

There will be some big battles against pirates, this is a good opportunity to pick up as many silver emblems for Van Haring as possible.

q1XnBdY.jpg

DuQ4RXn.jpg

y9ACieD.jpg

NI5gdtI.jpg
Marus! Destroy the barrels! Then onward!

With Eilif and her marus on Angela’s sides the pirates just get roflstomped.

XXhQh1e.jpg

FzeaJFD.jpg

NI5gdtI.jpg
You believe in a fairy tale about the Riverfather but not in the treasure that went down with my ship? Anyone who mutinies for a few ducats can expect to pay with their life.

EozdLOG.png
Let’s fight!

NI5gdtI.jpg
Marus! Kill them!

uy7Ldob.jpg

P7ENxLJ.jpg

Further down the harbour the pirates will flee quickly.

vANBu02.jpg

AHVo0M1.jpg

mVsk0Ik.jpg

O5OoXQi.jpg

NI5gdtI.jpg
Let the little crabs scuttle off! Marus, to Soorman's ship! But leave some of him for me, hahaha!

Soon it is time to deal with that creepy dweeb once and for all.

JshjV8A.jpg

VKN0Xn2.jpg

JSA8YV9.jpg

U6Lo5Rg.jpg

VWYfAnd.jpg

Jasmine casts a spell that turns the marus against Eilif.

GdtfYJ9.jpg

lQykByF.jpg

OQO1koT.jpg

n8Q1tAC.jpg

Angela uses Better Offer to turn one of the marus back to her camp immediately.

The other two marus can be killed quickly with skills that cause wounds (Fatal Thrust/Precision Thrust/Marksmanship).

8acBABe.jpg

9unEnl7.jpg

Forgrimm went off to deal with Soorman but it seems the latter is scripted to home in on Fayris; he’s immune to Knockdown, Sleep, Paralysis and wounds.

x2UqOhB.jpg

Soorman is easy to kill but carries a very dangerous dagger. Upon death he drops a gold emblem.

Hilariously, the maru Angela turned back went after Jasmine. Jasmine will simply teleport away after losing too much health.

3p9dC0o.jpg

uq8u4c2.jpg

The battle is over when the third maru falls.

6oWdwmj.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Are you finally going to tell me where Mora is?

NI5gdtI.jpg
That I will! Mora is not here. The white hoods took her to the castle, to Dajin, Baron of Nadoret.

EozdLOG.png
How are you involved with the Baron?

NI5gdtI.jpg
We had an agreement. He kept the authorities off our backs in return for a share of the loot. And he tipped us off about the river trade.

YPloVOT.png
You speak as if you would rather break your agreement.

NI5gdtI.jpg
Soorman convinced the weaklings in the Council to play along. I never liked the whole thing, especially after those white hoods turned up. Now it will end.

EozdLOG.png
What about the woman in white - that Jasmine of the Creek?

NI5gdtI.jpg
I wish I had the chance to give that traitor a proper talking to. With my fists! She's probably gone to Castle Nadoret. To her master, Coldstone.

XcemGgR.png
I'll catch those scoundrels. And if Jasmine stands in my way then all the worse for her.

YPloVOT.png
Jaakon's murderer won't escape me this time.

NI5gdtI.jpg
A feud? Then listen. I know a secret way into the castle. The harbor master of Nadoret has the key. I wish you a good battle, Angela Merkel!

EozdLOG.png
What happened to Mora?

NI5gdtI.jpg
We had orders to capture the ship she was traveling on. But we didn't take her prisoner. She came with us willingly. Almost as if she knew exactly what to expect. There's some dirty secret behind all this.

EozdLOG.png
How is Colstone involved?

NI5gdtI.jpg
They were secretive, those white hoods. I just know that they got involved in the whole business and always wanted more... from the Baron too, so it seems.

EozdLOG.png
Tell me about the deal with the Baron?

NI5gdtI.jpg
The tollkeepers told us what the ships were carrying and how well guarded they were. Then we shared the loot with them. Dajin has been demanding an increasingly bigger share ever since the white hoods arrived.

Before leaving the area we must not forget the loot since we will not be able to return here.

Soorman carried the basilisk tongue, very nasty weapon.

fIsgeMC.jpg

There are also chests around with good loot.

OvWeThm.jpg

nChRK4i.jpg

6hu4WNw.jpg

Back in Hammerberg, Eilif will part ways.

XnaIYCY.jpg

NI5gdtI.jpg
As for your future, Sjahskari, I'm sure fate will take you to your goal. May the skalds of our homeland sing of your deeds! And please do not speak of my failure here.

EozdLOG.png
Good luck to you too, Eilif Sigridsdottir!

NI5gdtI.jpg
[She turns to Ardo] And you! I like the way you fight! May the strength of your sword arm last many years.

m0WQljd.png
I... erm ... Rondra be with you, Madam Eilif.

Before leaving Hammerberg, there’s one more thing to do with Eilif at the tavern.

YcAJXhL.jpg

IDnxYCp.jpg

EozdLOG.png
You did the right thing by warning us. But let this be a lesson to you!

cAWKn4i.jpg
Thank you for your kind words. But enough of that, do you want anything else from me?

Eilif will be drinking at the bar; it’s possible to pickpocket her gold emblem.

R2zHDeI.jpg

JX0f0jW.jpg

Eilif will now also share some background information – Eilif was part of Beorn’s fleet. At the time of the game, Beorn and the legendary Phileasson were holding a competition about who could sail around Aventuria the fastest.

6RT8wd4.jpg

NI5gdtI.jpg
My last adventure with Beorn ended with my dragon ship sinking on the Great River... together with all the treasure. My Marus are the last thing I remember on the islands in the mist.

EozdLOG.png
And what are your plans for the future now?

NI5gdtI.jpg
Back to the sea, where the real adventure lies. I must win more fame before I can return to home waters!

EozdLOG.png
May the winds smile on you.

Angela now has two gold emblems in her possession; the local forger can make her a (fake) third.

k9zj8iH.jpg

jCMbg7e.jpg

At any rate, the main quest in Hammerberg is now finished.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 42: Fool’s gold

Just as Angela is about to board the Thalaria she is called back to the Dwarven delving.

pyxGK7v.jpg

In front of the delving entrance now there is an important figure.

d2aFWZS.jpg

QboaLON.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Does it have anything to do with Norgamashzrom, by any chance?

6LNXLOB.jpg
You know about Norgamashzrom? You know my father's law forbidding all from searching for the unholy delving?

EozdLOG.png
Yes, I know your father's law. But I wanted to help the Dwarves who had been turned to stone.

6LNXLOB.jpg
That does you honor! Now I need your help. We must stop Avarosh or something terrible will happen.

EozdLOG.png
Fine, what do you have in mind?

6LNXLOB.jpg
We must go into the delving together and stop Avarosh from going deeper. I will tell you more on the way. Let's go right now!

EozdLOG.png
I will follow you, Prince Arom.

6LNXLOB.jpg
Gortosha mortomosh! Follow me, may the legends speak our names!

At the delving entrance, the Bosnickel will pop up again.

PHVUbU6.jpg

6LNXLOB.jpg
You must be Bosnickel. He who guards this delving so wisely, keeping strangers from the hell iron.

JXuvQrk.jpg
Yes, that is I. But what anguish! This heroic brute chased me off... I faiiiiled.

EozdLOG.png
I'm sorry. I'd have helped you if you'd told me what you were planning.

JXuvQrk.jpg
How was I to know who you are? If you told me why, what, who you are, I'd have told you who, what, why I'm here! Heehee, apology accepted. Here, have a flower! Heehee.

EozdLOG.png
As your vanquisher, I command you: tell me what I must do to stop Avarosh!

JXuvQrk.jpg
My powers are at an end - now you must change the trend! Heeheehee...

EozdLOG.png
Speak plainly and clearly, we're running out of time!

JXuvQrk.jpg
As the vanquisher wishes!

JXuvQrk.jpg
Starting report from the delving: After ejection of poor Leprechaun NOGO, Avarosh and his men have breached the delving again. They have opened the entrance to the shaft known as Norgamashzrom in the Dwarven tongue...

JXuvQrk.jpg
... and are now in the passageways. They're following the call of the hell iron and their greed for said iron is evolving into evil and hatred for all that lives.

JXuvQrk.jpg
With his last strength, NOGO managed to cast a powerful Leprechaun curse commanding all other creatures of the deep to attack the intruders.

JXuvQrk.jpg
If you should decide to stop the Dwarves before they reach the mother lode, NOGO will cast a spell protecting you from the power of the hell iron.

JXuvQrk.jpg
The magic should protect you from any of its harmful effects.

EozdLOG.png
Alright, give us the protection.

JXuvQrk.jpg
So be it. You have the protection. Don't forget, you can't leave the delving until it's Dwarf free! It's been emotional. Toodles!

There was zero combat when Angela was last in the delving, now it is very different.

izH1t4r.jpg

S3iavwz.jpg

g7DFBYM.jpg

In the main hall that annoying prick Grimmnax is back.

bziqqXG.jpg

3zJ18p0.jpg

6LNXLOB.jpg
Wait, Angrosho! The call of the hell iron leads you to your doom!

itSQIf0.jpg
Chop them up!

There’s a big fight any many Dwarves, a lot of them shooting at the group from behind trapped barricades.

TIvLj7Z.jpg

3B0NsUf.jpg

Yap2go7.jpg

EozdLOG.png
They seemed out of their minds.

6LNXLOB.jpg
Greed had poisoned their hearts... It's all happening again... The iron is calling out... But maybe we're not too late.

Many of the Dwarves here drop arabalests, something Forgrimm can make use of.

Y3wexhs.jpg

Down the stairs are more barricaded Dwarves and traps.

FtGlOrG.jpg

fWSJsFK.jpg

DgeMvKy.jpg

In the next hall the previously broken lever is now fixed and can be pulled. This will clear the water from the flooded hallway.

Bkxm4RC.jpg

The hallway leads to a storeroom with some useful Dwarven armour and weapons for Forgrimm.

nE0QOio.jpg

VmUTbH1.jpg

UFCYuDZ.jpg

534Rvnp.jpg

lIcx8r4.jpg

There’s also a hidden chest with many coins.

Cce4s59.jpg

ZWBUqIo.jpg

In any case, Goldtooth in the lowest room of the delving.

CGUUELn.jpg

9oDutdk.jpg
And I should have got rid of you a long time ago. Drodda! I knew you were the type to stick your nose in where it's not wanted.

6LNXLOB.jpg
Garoshem Avarosh grosho Gramtax! Lower your weapon and give up Norgamashzrom forever. If not, I shall force you to do so.

9oDutdk.jpg
Give up? Hehe, you really don't know me. Finally, I have the miracle metal. Nobody can take it from me now. Now! Shoot them down, clan garoshim!

In this fight the way down to Avarosh and his cronies is blocked by traps and barricades. If someone could cast Fireball this would be over quickly. Now we just have to shoot them down ourselves.

Somehow Angela died here even though I had put her behind a wall.

LV1Ur2G.jpg

Yl1Vr6D.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Is it not yet time to tell me more about the delving? I'm sure you know more than you have told me so far.

m0WQljd.png
It seemed to me that Avarosh knew you?

6LNXLOB.jpg
You fought well. You deserve to learn the truth. Listen well!

6LNXLOB.jpg
I was here once before, as a young Dwarf. I was accompanied by my friend Torlosh, a smith of Angrosh-given skill. We were driven by the craving for adventure and a certain amount of defiance for my father.

6LNXLOB.jpg
We sought the secret of Norgamashzrom and had heard that a Dwarf by the name of Avarosh was looking for adventurers. He had found a few mineshafts that might lead there.

6LNXLOB.jpg
We met Avarosh and made a deal with him. He would show us the entrance to Norgamashzrom. In return, we would recover a rare metal from the bottom of the delving for him. Anything else we found would belong to us...

EozdLOG.png
I understand. Avarosh deceived you.

6LNXLOB.jpg
... He certainly did! We entered the delving. Then we saw them... the corpses of the other Dwarves. They had murdered each other. They must have been the first expedition... also sent by Avarosh.

6LNXLOB.jpg
As we stood there and wondered why the Dwarves had killed each other, I started to hear a whispering in my head. The voice was very quiet at first... but as we went deeper it grew louder... and harsher.

6LNXLOB.jpg
I realized that Torlosh heard it too when I saw his face. He was no longer my old friend... something had possessed him... he stared at me with hate-filled eyes...

EozdLOG.png
The ore spoke to you, just as it did to Avarosh and his men. It is just as well the Leprechaun's spell is protecting us.

6LNXLOB.jpg
Yes... we probably would have been at each other's throats. Just like Torlosh and me all those years ago. But I'll tell you about that later. Let us set off now, we must put an end to all this...

EozdLOG.png
I don't think I quite understand what you mean. Arom? You want to...

6LNXLOB.jpg
... I want to get right to the bottom and end this. I'll do away with that hell iron once and for all.

EozdLOG.png
How?

6LNXLOB.jpg
I have some very special Hylailian fire. It burns with such a heat that even huge rocks melt. If I light it at the heart of the mountain, the entire delving will collapse in on itself.

EozdLOG.png
I’m with you. Let’s go!

6LNXLOB.jpg
Scaled and teeth! So be it!

Further in the delving are rock goblins to fight. Annoying enemies that at least drop precious blacksmithing items like gemstones and pommels as loot.

Bseo7Sl.jpg

Near a broken elevator are several rock goblins and a stone golem.

ip6pPed.jpg

amf11IZ.jpg

The stone golem may be made of stone, but can be wounded. This makes him easy to defeat.

9mHRO2J.jpg

sJzEIYT.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Do you want to tell me about it now?

6LNXLOB.jpg
There! Yes, I will. You have earned it.

6LNXLOB.jpg
This passage leads to the heart of the delving. That's where the unholy metal is. It is alive and immeasurably evil. Legends say that it was brought into the world by the arch-demon Agrimoth himself.

6LNXLOB.jpg
Torlosh and I fought there. I was able to withstand the call of the unholy metal, but Torlosh wanted to bring it to the surface. He wanted to use it to forge powerful weapons to use against our enemies... oh, such folly.

6LNXLOB.jpg
When I told him that I would never allow it, he attacked me. He was full of rage and the whisperings of the metal seemed to make him stronger. We fought for almost two hours and... I couldn't kill him.

EozdLOG.png
What? You were unable to defeat him?

6LNXLOB.jpg
No, you don't understand... how could I kill... my best friend? I fled... and ran to the elevator... As it took me to the surface I saw Torlosh below, smashing at the machinery, his face filled with hate…

6LNXLOB.jpg
I managed to jump out just before the whole thing came crashing down and buried Torlosh.

6LNXLOB.jpg
I left the delving full of despair and rage. With a couple of well-placed blows, I collapsed a couple of supports and blocked the entrance to Norgamashzrom.

6LNXLOB.jpg
I went to Avarosh and vowed that I would punish him if he ever looked for the forbidden delving again. I told my father that Torlosh died a hero's death. I could not tell him the truth... to this day.

EozdLOG.png
[Perception] Tell me Arom, where is Torlosh's body?

6LNXLOB.jpg
Hmm... maybe the elevator did not kill him outright and he managed to crawl a little deeper into the delving. Hurry... I must know where his body lies.

Past a group of spiders the heart of the delving with the hell iron is reached.

7ocFAtD.jpg

bvUddYY.jpg

Heading further down, there is a little surprise.

53IpqG4.jpg

CdIeCIO.jpg

Torlosh is still alive and needs to be put down.

e8XjbSF.jpg

0ygdSsK.jpg

QoAwYj4.jpg

Torlosh uses some special attacks with fire and since Arom can’t be directly controlled in combat the hardest part in this fight is keeping him alive.

Xuus4L9.jpg

priwirW.jpg

A9A9Exx.jpg

kfCyTda.jpg

EozdLOG.png
He is free now.

6LNXLOB.jpg
I will never forget what happened here. May this be a lesson to us... never to give in to temptation.

EozdLOG.png
Well spoken, Prince Arom!

6LNXLOB.jpg
And now I'm going to burn everything down here. Tell me when I can light the Hylailian fire. The fuse is long, but we'll still need to sprint out the delving when it's lit.

On Torlosh’s body is a unique item that can be sold for some ducats.

hAB4f1R.jpg

The remaining thing to do is blow shit up.

hYRshjg.jpg

Ur5KHGn.jpg

XgReYPG.jpg

HzSpN3h.jpg

qMwI9Qy.jpg
What happened?

6LNXLOB.jpg
Avarosh and the others met their deaths... they were all corrupted by their greed for the hell iron. Let us thank Angrosh that we survived.

EozdLOG.png

qMwI9Qy.jpg
Prince Arom, what will happen to us now? Must we go before the courts in Murolosh because we helped Avarosh?

6LNXLOB.jpg
You did not side with Avarosh when it would have been to your advantage. We shall leave it at that. Do you wish to stay here and keep an eye on this place from now on?

qMwI9Qy.jpg
I think I speak for all when I say that 'yes, we do', my prince.

6LNXLOB.jpg
And what of you? Can you keep the secret of the delving?

EozdLOG.png
I will keep the secret of the delving! And I will never speak of the other secret either. I am glad I could help you, Arom, Son of Arombolosh.

6LNXLOB.jpg
I thank you, Angela Merkel. But now that this is all over, I shall go to my father and tell him everything. I have kept silent for too long. He will judge wisely...

EozdLOG.png
Wise words, Prince Arom.

6LNXLOB.jpg
Take my ax in thanks. May it serve you well from now on!

EozdLOG.png
What a gift. Thank you.

6LNXLOB.jpg
It is time for us to part. Farewell.

Arom’s ax is ridiculously good.

aFYBSTO.jpg

After finishing with the delving, Fayris now has enough to learn Marksmanship mastery.

AzgDMns.jpg

nAvCHJT.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 43: Evil womyn

Angela returns to Van Haring at the Tollgate to hand in some pirate emblems.

Of course, as usual little Janah will have her own version of what previously happened.

CrJA0bv.jpg

A new person will now be with Van Haring.

55jNXTN.jpg

iqUBevu.jpg
Ah, there you are again. Allow me to introduce my guest: This is the honorable Ulwina Neisbeck.

rTIHS1r.jpg

iqUBevu.jpg
Yes... Madam Neisbeck is one of the most respected ladies in all Ferdok and urgently requires help. You seem to be the best for the job.

j0rsWyP.jpg
Oh Angwart, don't be so formal with me. Please finish your conversation. There'll be plenty of time for my request.

iqUBevu.jpg
An unusual lady, isn't she? What can I do for you?

Handing over all pirate emblems Angela makes a good deal of gold.

ZGNjXcO.jpg

iqUBevu.jpg
Unbelievable! Praios be praised, you've dealt them a bitter blow! There's a special reward for each emblem.

Handing over three gold emblems nets even more gold. A fourth gold emblem would have resulted in a special reward, but somehow Angela must’ve missed it.

QjwV2RE.jpg

iqUBevu.jpg
Oh, as I was saying... Do you remember Hubert, my nephew?

EozdLOG.png
Yes, of course.

iqUBevu.jpg
Well, things just got worse! Since that day, he spent all his time with the men, gambling with dice! And now he's completely disappeared! His parents are furious!

iqUBevu.jpg
But you don't need to worry about that. Thank you again for your help, anyway.

Anyway, Ulwina Neisbeck is related to a new sidequest.

L3EAXsl.jpg

EozdLOG.png
What is your request?

j0rsWyP.jpg
My poor brother has fallen into the hands of those villainous pirates. We can't afford the ransom those criminals are demanding. My family and I are desperate.

j0rsWyP.jpg
I want to deal directly with the pirates. Maybe they'll show some pity when I explain our situation. I heard you might be able to help me find the pirates.

m0WQljd.png
Fair Lady, I bow before your courage! But as a man of honor and a knight, I cannot allow you to put yourself in such danger! Allow me and my companions to free your brother!

j0rsWyP.jpg
Oh, this is too generous of you, Sir...?

m0WQljd.png
Ardo. Ardo of Boarstock!

j0rsWyP.jpg
Oh, so it's you... well, many thanks Sir Boarstock. I am moved by your chivalry. But I'd still rather try on my own. If you could just show me the way?

EozdLOG.png
Yes, I can tell you the way to the pirate camp.

iqUBevu.jpg
What? A lady like you, defenseless among that pack of ruffians? By my honor, I cannot permit this! I wish we had more men, then we'd finish that scum once and for all!

j0rsWyP.jpg
Yes, it is regrettable that we are forced to take such measures. But don't worry, I will take care. Could you tell me where to find their camp?

EozdLOG.png
Speak with the captain of the Thalaria. He will show you the way.

j0rsWyP.jpg
Thank you, I will. Goodbye, Angwart. Adieu!

After Ulwina leaves for the Thalaria Van Haring will ask for a favour.

iqUBevu.jpg
Er, just a moment. I'm not very happy about the idea of this young lady being at the mercy of that pirate scum. And in my jurisdiction!

iqUBevu.jpg
Unfortunately I cannot spare any of my men. But someone should look for Madam Neisbeck at the pirate camp and make sure she's safe.

iqUBevu.jpg
Do you think you could do it? I'd feel much happier. Well, think about it and err... good luck on your travels.

G3fqEbY.jpg

Back in Hammerberg Ulwina will already be harassing Eilif when Angela arrives.

hQHjLOq.jpg

NI5gdtI.jpg
You dare disturb Thunderfist while she's drinking?

j0rsWyP.jpg
Why don't you take the time to listen to my proposal? A little conversation in private...

NI5gdtI.jpg
By Swafnir, I spit on your secrets! Get away from me, you two faced snake!

j0rsWyP.jpg
Well, since you're so uncooperative, I'll take my generous offer elsewhere. I'm sure somebody around here has a bit of business sense.

Angela will need to clear this matter up with Eilif.

EkQEecM.jpg

NI5gdtI.jpg
Neisbeck woman, be silent!

NI5gdtI.jpg
You sent this reptile to me, Angela Merkel?

EozdLOG.png
She asked me to help to free her abducted brother.

j0rsWyP.jpg
Yes, the uncertain fate of my brother... Captain Thunderfist has been very uncooperative. Even though I've done my best to appeal to her common sense.

NI5gdtI.jpg
Lightning take you! Do you ever stop talking, woman? Get out of my sight!

j0rsWyP.jpg
Tsk, and she calls herself a pirate leader! I won't waste any more of my time on you, Eilif Thunderfist. But pray to your holy whale that you never cross me again!

NI5gdtI.jpg
You can smell people like her a mile off, even upwind and even among liars, thieves and pirates!

EozdLOG.png
What did she do that angered you so?

NI5gdtI.jpg
She wanted to make a deal to get rid of her competition. And she wants her little brother dead.

EozdLOG.png
Dead? Are you sure? She told me that she wanted to free him.

NI5gdtI.jpg
As sure as Soorman is dead. He must have wanted to pocket the ransom himself. Take a look in his hut in the southwest. Ulwina's brother should be freed!

EozdLOG.png
With pleasure. I also want to know what's going on.

Ulwina’s brother is in a cabin to the south of the town. He’s guarded by some of Soorman’s remaining cronies who immediately attack.

X9zYfLl.jpg

UwrJohT.jpg

Ulwina’s brother appears after the morans are dead.

53cACG5.jpg

EozdLOG.png
My name is Angela Merkel. Thunderfist sent me to release you. Captain Irontaste is dead.

l55rMAY.jpg
Praise be to Tsa! Many of my companions have died at his hand. I feared to hear Golgari's wings myself. But my prayers were answered.

EozdLOG.png
Another thing. Your sister got a ransom demand and traveled here personally...

l55rMAY.jpg
What? Ulwina is here? I... I had already escaped two of her bounty hunters, but now I'm a prisoner here! Please, by the Gods, help me!

EozdLOG.png
What do you suggest?

l55rMAY.jpg
[He takes out a hidden item] When my father - may he rest in peace - handed the business over to us, he had Leonardo the Mechanicus create two music boxes.

l55rMAY.jpg
But Ulwina doesn't like to share. She wants sole control. Give her my timepiece and tell her I'm dead. If the Gods wish it, I will escape.

EozdLOG.png
Here, take these 10 ducats. They should help you get away.

l55rMAY.jpg
I am fortunate indeed to have met such an honorable and generous savior. I thank you, Angela Merkel, and I hope to repay this debt one day. May the Twelfgods be with you!

EozdLOG.png
How can you just leave half of your inheritance to that woman?

l55rMAY.jpg
My life is worth more to me. I can only recommend that you stay away from her. She is completely unscrupulous... Thank you and farewell.

EozdLOG.png
Farewell, Vitold Neisbeck!

The pocketwatch is indeed an interesting item. Speaking of Leonardo the Mechanicus, he’d even go on to make a floating castle for Galotta.

j5aXgnR.jpg

Completely unexpectedly, on the way back to the town a group of Dark Amazons appear out of nowhere.

evawt0Q.jpg

qv96BwT.jpg

Of course at this point these ladies are nary a threat anymore.

p0HRjd7.jpg

8o6KKmE.jpg

Back at the inn, Eilif will be satisfied with the outcome. The only thing that remains, is facing Ulwina Neisbeck.

8RrViax.jpg

As an aside, Jadira and Rumpo will be together again by now.

cI3rFfD.jpg

ddMtNQ8.jpg

Ulwina Neisbeck is waiting in the harbour, with the pocketwatch it is easy to fool her.

JM1aZW5.jpg

j0rsWyP.jpg
Oh, you again. Listen, my patience is at an end. Anyone who gets rid of my brother once and for all will be richly rewarded, understood? The rest is up to you...

EozdLOG.png
I found this by your brother's body. [Give Ulwina the music box]

Ulwina’s reward is substantial.

BADVRhV.jpg

Interestingly, Ulwina’s own pocketwatch can be pickpocketed off her.

MM1XQRx.jpg

OZ0Koh6.jpg

It is a unique and valuable item that can be sold for a tidy sum.

Finishing this quest clears the Hammerberg area.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 44: Wormfood

Angela returns to the Elves to inform Alari about Sanraya’s whereabouts.

1FjhmOR.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Yes, she lives with the River Pirates and is happy there.

4u7pCoP.png
Like those Humans who were here? But doesn't she have to block out all that noise just to bear it, and then shout down the others just to be heard?

EozdLOG.png
She gets by. She is fascinated by their stories and has had some adventures of her own.

4u7pCoP.png
Oh, she can sing of it when she returns home one day! When she yearns for the light and finds her way back to us...

EozdLOG.png
Time will tell.

Speaking to Isaliel leads to a new sidequest.

69yzx5e.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Not the ruins again?

JJuF8W2.png
No, the lake forest to the north. The river from there carries impure water with a terrible stench. The creatures are sick and restless.

JJuF8W2.png
We can use magic to purify the water, but the source remains a mystery. Our refined senses cannot bear the stench and in the distance a misty cloud obscures the lake.

EozdLOG.png
It can't smell worse than Forgrimm. I'll take care of it.

The lake forest is in the area north of the highest level on the big tree.

NFvFXZk.jpg

All animals in the area will have gone crazy by the stench and attack furiously but at this point they no longer give experience.

It’s best to just use Meek You Be on them.

9o4jpYc.jpg

There’s also a hidden treasure in the area with an interesting lore item inside.

jU4ropA.jpg

jjY6jaX.jpg

ETH3jig.jpg

Near the source of the stench is a woodsbane, an ent-like guardian of sorts.

T8Wdo8W.jpg

TKIPxSA.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Me? I’m just trying to help.

7PkcfRt.jpg
Sacrileeggee in myyy territorrrryyyy! Deaathhh! Wooorm! Deeecaaaaaay! Laaake!

EozdLOG.png
A dead worm rotting in the lake? I'll take a look.

7PkcfRt.jpg
Gooooo! Laaake!

EozdLOG.png
I’m going, I’m going!

The woodsbane can be pickpocketed… he has a ballad on him.

GIgfdTI.jpg

ku9hcCp.jpg

mc06GnU.jpg

The source of the stench is a rotting linnorm corpse… this is where the amoeba spores bought by Angela a while ago come in handy.

oVI8G2W.jpg

XATtlH1.jpg

3h8ib0p.jpg

However, the problem is not so easily solved.

ckrLySP.jpg

EozdLOG.png
The corpse of a Linnorm was rotting in the lake. But I dissolved... err... resolved the problem.

JJuF8W2.png
A wise man also looks beyond his immediate goal. He who thinks only in the short-term must often deal with unforeseen problems.

EozdLOG.png
I know all that. My long-term plan just needs a little more time. Just you wait!

Returning to the lake the amoebas will have become giant already. They’re annoying enemies that regenerate vitality very fast and cause the “rotten stench” status effect reducing charisma.

T8sVotK.jpg

hNd3xZZ.jpg

Killing the amoebas drops a special sword, it’s the one Gwendala is looking for.

L3VWp1c.jpg

ZbAQkg4.jpg

When the amoebas are dead the woodsbane will be satisfied.

Qdozdw9.jpg

Since the Elven longsword is a cursed item it is best to return it to Gwendala.

SYQReT6.jpg

Btw, Angela hasn’t yet talked to her companions about the current state of events. This is what they will comment.

WbGkAWr.jpg

vhCDKzK.jpg

2QCdgfO.jpg

Before leaving the Elves, Forgrimm crafts the Horasian épée for Angela.

0ahhC1E.jpg

The group will now return to Nadoret, but also make a short stop at the Hunting preserve along the way.

There are two more easy hunting quests before this area is cleared.

Hhavhak.jpg

BfPaNpt.jpg

ReflsYY.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 45: Preparations

Returning to Nadoret the beggar will now offer to start to final part of the main quest but it is not yet time for that.

hK1JlWF.jpg

EozdLOG.png
What’s happening?

l1zcB7K.png
Something’s going on. The harbormaster is gathering a crowd of strange figures around him and is taking them into the Dark Forest.

m0WQljd.png
The harbormaster’s why we’re here!

l1zcB7K.png
I don’t know where they’re all disappearing to. I’ve already reported it to Gerlin in Ferdok and am waiting for his answer.

EozdLOG.png
I found out about a secret passageway that leads into the castle.

l1zcB7K.png
Really? It doesn't look good. I can take you to the spot where they slip into the woods. Then you only have to follow them.

m0WQljd.png
If we going into the castle, I’m definitely going to go along! We should be well-equipped for this final step!

l1zcB7K.png
Tell me when we’re supposed to get started!

On the way to the market surprisingly the group finds the nymph again.

uOtCreN.jpg

XcemGgR.png
By Angrosh, they've captured her again! It would seem that these water people let themselves get captured all too easily. Well, not everyone can be born a Dwarf...

19xqHhD.jpg

ABOtiC0.jpg

EozdLOG.png
I've only just rescued you from the island. What happened this time?

DYE2ycw.jpg
I was on the way back to my people. But before I could reach the river, some of those who live on the land saw me. They threw a net over me and brought me here.

BRhEBRW.jpg

FgZFW9G.jpg
Interested in this blue beauty? You can bid for her, the auction is about to start.

EozdLOG.png
We're not in Al'Anfa here! Slavery is against the law!

FgZFW9G.jpg
Pah, I know the laws, thank you! This thing here is neither a human nor an Elf. And it looks nothing like a Dwarf!

FgZFW9G.jpg
... And the ban only applies to those. So beat it, before I call the guards. It's against the law to interrupt the work of an honest merchant.

The slaver can be convinced with two dialogue checks.

EPVypHN.jpg

FgZFW9G.jpg
[Success] Hmm..., I suppose you could look at it that way... but that's just splitting hairs. These Water Nymphs are not really Elves - even if people call them that.

or44GyR.jpg

FgZFW9G.jpg
[Success] Alright, alright ... I'll let her go, this Elf... It was only a misunderstanding...

EozdLOG.png
A wise decision.

Luckily for the nymph, Brother Emmeran will show up out of nowhere and lend a hand.

xj5w4bk.jpg

769m7Vs.jpg

ILSonW7.png
These deluded people have been protected from commiting new outrages by your rescue of this child of the water

ILSonW7.png
However, I doubt that they will ever thank you for this service ... here, take this. You will probably need it during the trials that still await you.

EozdLOG.png
Thank you. I hope you'll escort the poor thing safely home now. I don't know if I'll be on the scene a third time.

ILSonW7.png
Don’t worry. I’ll watch over her personally.

ILSonW7.png
I wish you a good journey. May the blessing of the Riverfather go with you.

The geode’s robe is the best armour for mages.

30GAf7a.jpg

Next at the little marketplace are bought fitting armour pieces for Forgrimm and Ardo.

KPrCB9g.jpg

7nSCelB.jpg

Flh7R5l.jpg

I400mO2.jpg

LTLc9cb.jpg

Forgrimm can now finally learn Hammer Strike.

c20EhEo.jpg

ZVF4ynr.jpg

Ardo and Angela are given some upgrades to defensive skills.

NS8Syj2.jpg

MEM4c4b.jpg

PvZfUBS.jpg

4r9sFcr.jpg

Auralia will now sell the most advanced recipes. We don’t really need many of these potions however.

mpj5d5E.jpg

At the local smith, Forgrimm crafts some stuff for Ardo to use.

IuLGfYY.jpg

LKayGTu.jpg

ZhKpoRM.jpg

Angela finally crafts the demonic leather armour for herself.

YuyT9rD.jpg

The local armourer sells Iryan leather pieces that fit well with the armour.

NMtRZSp.jpg

UTbqyIW.jpg

Q3RDuJn.jpg

LXV15xX.jpg

After selling all excess junk, Angela makes enough gold to buy the special ox helmet from the smith.

qKcXnZk.jpg

The helmet looks like crap but offers the best head protection.

W5h5658.jpg

XBkZxoF.jpg

After these preparations, it is time to face the Water dragon.

V93eQss.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 46: Water Dragon

PuDEDX2.jpg

AfwTnfv.jpg

7GiLYEN.jpg

The water dragon shows himself quickly when the Thalaria reaches his lair.

CmJbxSq.jpg

N1i3Ggl.jpg

C0GkdIW.jpg

ceKg8HI.jpg

The dragon will block the way back to the grotto… no way to flee.

dyHxcHb.jpg

EXUFTYU.jpg

The dragon can’t leave the water so he could be easily defeated with everyone using ranged weapons. He can breathe fire but for that there are burn salves.

IdeekPT.jpg

The dragon hits p. hard in melee but at this point our fighters have the best protection.

x7zpqsv.jpg

DABKfEX.jpg

The dragon goes down quickly against the best offensive skills.

nVZiOGf.jpg

As expected the dragon drops the piece needed to complete the Efferd Temple puzzle.

drKj11W.jpg

The dragon’s head is also removed to hang on a wall someday.

vnYCzD2.jpg

In the dragon’s loot is Sanraya’s soul instrument and another piece of Storm Sentinel set.

lvUGRyD.jpg

TA3dTwv.jpg

ZK2uspW.jpg

Another chest contains a good new shield.

Ict3sbv.jpg

eaQ0lPr.jpg

There’s also an easy to miss magic lamp around. Containing a djinn.

3XqVUUt.jpg

gWeJ6OI.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Uhh, what?

xv8ISxT.jpg
Ahh! Someone has finally found the lamp! Wonderful, traveler. And you have a companion with you. I think I’ll have a look at that.

xv8ISxT.jpg
Do you want to come along?

EozdLOG.png
Yep.

The djinn teleports everyone to the ship immediately.

aTUCgxo.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Um, do I get three wishes now?

xv8ISxT.jpg
No, I’m not that kind of djinn! You must be confusing me with someone else. But I’ll teach you a magic spell that you can use to call one of my brothers to aid you.

EozdLOG.png
Does that mean I can perform magic now?

xv8ISxT.jpg
No, I’m sorry, that surpasses even my powers.

xv8ISxT.jpg
It works like this: Those among you who are able to cast spells can call one of us with the expression 'Jalla djinn!'. We’ll help you then.

EozdLOG.png
Um, thanks.

xv8ISxT.jpg
You’re welcome. Now I’ll just go enjoy my newly regained freedom and take a closer look at some clouds. Have fun on your journey! And don't forget, we are in your debt!

So it means Fayris now has a second summoning spell available.

SSHevjy.jpg

Now, returning the soul instrument to Sanraya finishes the quest Alari had given us a while ago.

Fn0siFB.jpg

Another short stop to hunt at the Hunting preserve clears that area.

hSJnXSf.jpg

bhKqf1g.jpg

xe5pyAh.jpg

Next, it is time to return to the Temple of Efferd.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 47: Temple of Efferd II

With the final piece of the puzzle in hand Angela returns to the ancient temple of Efferd.

Xpx2rKA.jpg

ILSonW7.png
A Water Dragon... doubtless summoned by Efferd's anger to lay waste to the realm of the Riverfather. But show me the artifact.

ILSonW7.png
Hmm, let me see... it is similar to the other artifact you brought me. I'm sure it also belongs to the temple. I can feel the power of the Ocean God.

ILSonW7.png
It may be some type of key. Maybe it has something to do with the mosaic you spoke of.

With Transversalis portal at least we can quickly return to the mosaic puzzle. With a complete mosaic the group can descend into the final chamber.

m0DLktf.jpg

j3xUblU.jpg

Past the mosaic are a couple of stairs infested with morfu. And a final diary.

201cubD.jpg

PYDRnJn.jpg

There’s also a treasure chest with some interesting loot.

YzBDGiR.jpg

aGipkh0.jpg

1tvbfWO.jpg

OHnZj1F.jpg

2d64K5T.jpg

Entering the final chamber of the temple, the way back will be blocked and a grotesque monster appears.

vGsHMKd.jpg

98vzl23.jpg

9n89w2d.jpg

O5PMd9B.jpg

2nc49Qk.jpg

6BWdgVG.jpg

The “crab beast” has very RM so except for Stardust all debuffing spells are useless. It’s also impossible to set him aflame.

OHIZfvf.jpg

What makes the fight tricky is that the crab beast will summon more and more morfu and giant crabs as the fight progresses.

UCqTFSl.jpg

YesNURL.jpg

dNyXbdA.jpg

YodgIB2.jpg

We stick Ardo on the crab beast while the rest deals with the morfus and crabs. Fayris’ Master of Animals/Meek You Be is very effective on the morfu, but works rarely on the giant crabs due to high RM.

2I1Exhy.jpg

When the crab beast is defeated, the group loses in a cutscene anyway.

y2h8fNW.jpg

RVpGptK.jpg

vBtvNod.jpg

id9bAWd.jpg

69hFHIZ.jpg

WPoRYcU.jpg

Crab beast’s toilet flush special attack takes down everyone but Emmeran literally pops up out of nowhere to save the day.

O3tH05w.jpg

2WKMmRQ.jpg

d0Xbz7l.jpg

x7BnoUz.jpg

U0Vtj7i.jpg

Kyqqgw6.jpg

1O14Dgz.jpg

tFNeWDg.jpg

EBA1O58.jpg

Needless to say, Emmeran has a lot to explain.

kJQEdMk.jpg

EozdLOG.png
I don't understand... Why are you calling this monster your brother? What just happened?

ILSonW7.png
I know I owe you an explanation. This place was the object of my soul quest. The soul spark of my dead twin brother's was trapped here. Finally, he is free...

ILSonW7.png
I am sorry I couldn't tell you the entire truth. But the oath that binds me to the Riverfather also prevented me from becoming involved. I could only trust in your heroism.

EozdLOG.png
But you did get involved in the battle. Didn't that break your oath?

ILSonW7.png
Well, I did intervene, but to create peace, not to fight. But I could only free my brother's soul spark once you had contained the evil.

EozdLOG.png
I don't know if I really understand all this...

ILSonW7.png
Yes, all this must be very confusing for you. Ask your questions. You deserve the answers.

EozdLOG.png
What exactly happened with your brother?

ILSonW7.png
Narog was my twin brother. As you may know, the bond between twins is very close among us Angroshim. It is almost as if we share a soul.

ILSonW7.png
We grew up in Tosh Mur, the place the Human's know as Wood Watch. Side by side, we delved in the mines of Lûr. We knew great happiness when we struck a new vein of ore...

ILSonW7.png
We drove the shaft ever deeper into the mountain until, for the first time in our lives, we came into disagreement. Narog warned caution. But I urged him to dig ever deeper.

ILSonW7.png
One day, Narog suddenly noticed small fragments of stone falling from the roof of the shaft. As quick as a flash, he pushed me into a side tunnel. But then the mountain came down on him.

ILSonW7.png
Half the tunnel had caved in. I burrowed frantically, with bare hands and bleeding fingers. But all I found was his lifeless body. His soul spark had already departed.

ILSonW7.png
But I knew it had not been extinguished completely. As long as I also lived, it would wander without finding peace. From that day, I knew only one goal: To guide my brother's soul spark home to Angrosh.

EozdLOG.png
That creature we just fought... Was that your brother? Or was he just a part of it?

ILSonW7.png
I cannot say. But since the days of the Great Flood, this place has been filled with the rage of Efferd.

ILSonW7.png
My brother's soul spark and the anger of the Old God may have transformed one of the crabs here into that monster. But that is just conjecture.

EozdLOG.png
Well, I'm just glad that you intervened when you did.

ILSonW7.png
No, no, all thanks must go to you. And I deeply regret that I could not tell you the entire truth.

EozdLOG.png
Could you tell me about your soul quest?

ILSonW7.png
Yes, I will tell you my tale. You know me as the Voice of the Riverfather. But before that I followed my calling as a Geode and served Sumu, the Great Mother.

ILSonW7.png
I lost my brother before we could take the baptism of fire together. The bond between us was therefore so strong that I barely survived the loss. So I placed myself under the care of a Shepherd of Souls.

ILSonW7.png
Shepherd of Souls is the name we Angroshim give to a Geode. Even more than the art of magic, I learned to understand the pain surrounding my brother and it was to him that I dedicated my decision to care for all of Sumu's Creation.

ILSonW7.png
All Geodes share the fate of having lost a twin brother. And we all know that the soul spark of our dead twin is not lost, but wanders Ethra without rest.

ILSonW7.png
To find and guide that soul back to Angrosh's eternal flame is the burning desire of every Shepherd of Souls. We call this goal the soul quest.

ILSonW7.png
Eventually, I was able to track Narog's soul to this temple. But Efferd's rage had trapped him here. It seemed impossible to reach Narog. I despaired...

ILSonW7.png
But then the Riverfather began to speak to me. He promised to help me to get into the temple, if I would spread his word along the banks of the Great River.

ILSonW7.png
Several divine cycles have passed since then, but he kept his promise, as you can see. And I have learned to value his wisdom. After all, he is one of the oldest of Sumu's children.

EozdLOG.png
What will happen to the temple now?

ILSonW7.png
Efferd's rage still fills the temple.

ILSonW7.png
This place will remain a threat until the dispute between the Ocean God and the Riverfather abates. Therefore, I shall continue to watch over it.

ILSonW7.png
As the Gods are not known to settle their quarrels particularly quickly, I expect to spend the rest of my life here. But I do not mind. I like it here.

EozdLOG.png
How are the Kraken Newt and the Water Dragon linked with this temple?

ILSonW7.png
Without doubt, the temple's dire influence drew those vile creatures to the Great River. But it is strange that they also served as guardians of the key artifacts.

ILSonW7.png
It may be that Efferd wanted the temple to be opened. Maybe it is the first step in a reconciliation with the Riverfather... but the ways of the Gods are mysterious.

EozdLOG.png
Well, if our quest is finished here, it is probably time for us to continue our journey.

ILSonW7.png
Yes, your work here is done. But there is always a need for heroes along the banks of the Great River. May the Riverfather bless you and guide you in your future deeds.

Before leaving the temple for good we must not forget to loot the crab beast. He drops two good magic rings.

ezFFVNy.jpg

Ol7zhdz.jpg

XvbtgpH.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 48: Monolith

Near the hamlet north of Nadoret Angela is approached by a random villager.

krCDQFX.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Undead?! On Boron’s Field?

cedsqWQ.jpg
I ... I don’t know. I was just going about my business, as I usually do. An ... an ... and suddenly, all of a sudden a kind of ... this ... thing comes out of the ground.

EozdLOG.png
A thing? Could you describe it?

cedsqWQ.jpg
Just ... a thing. A boulder, a rock, I don’t know. Suddenly these living skeletons came crawling out of the earth. I just ran away.

cedsqWQ.jpg
Please, you look as if you might have a bit of experience with things like that. The village is in danger, please help us!

EozdLOG.png
I’ll take a look. You stay here and calm down.

cedsqWQ.jpg
Calm down, that’s a good one. I had to fear for my life! I only want to get away from here. Please help the people in the village. I’ll raise the alarm with the bailiffs! The Twelfgods be with you!

There are indeed undead at the cemetery, who just keep spawning until a “mysterious monolith” is destroyed.

lZYTLTD.jpg

6fHrc2V.jpg

The Boron deont shows up soon after the matter is dealt with.

fCgFChN.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Save your thanks for the worried villagers who sent me to you.

LZQvrZf.jpg
Of course... but I'm still glad that these fiends have been banned from this world.

EozdLOG.png
You're right there - it was a peculiar affair. The matter has been resolved for now, at least. But what happened, exactly?

LZQvrZf.jpg
Only the gods can know that. That... figure just rose up out of the ground... and the undead with it. Fortunately the people immediately fled into their homes.

EozdLOG.png
How strange! Where can it have come from so suddenly? I mean, something like that doesn't just happen overnight. It's impossible!

LZQvrZf.jpg
I've had my sneaking suspicions for some time now: Brookbeard and his magic 'research'. It can only be his ungodly goings-on that caused these unspeakable events.

EozdLOG.png
Well, now that you say that, it all fits. That guy gave me the creeps from the very beginning. He certainly won't have gotten his reputation by accident.

LZQvrZf.jpg
Be that as it may... It's time we confronted that... that ... 'Master of Magic' - and if my suspicions prove true - put an end to his evildoing once and for all. His contempt for the divine order must stop!

EozdLOG.png
Let's settle down for the time being. The terror is over for the moment. If he really is behind this, we'll find a way to make him see reason.

LZQvrZf.jpg
May Boron help us if you are wrong. I have the feeling that we haven't seen the last of this business yet. That magic tinkerer is more than stubborn. He doesn't see beyond his own interests.

EozdLOG.png
Very well. If you're really that concerned about it, I'll pay Master Brookbeard a visit in his tower. I'll find the right words.

LZQvrZf.jpg
Do that. I will retire to the tranquility of my shrine, where I will pray for the souls of the dead and attempt to persuade Boron to bless the desecrated ground again. May Boron be with you.

Obv. that annoying Brookbeard is at the source of the problem.

r1vatkP.jpg

KTPKLTI.jpg

8hhLUpG.png
Did you come to get some advice from me?

EozdLOG.png
Indeed. You know that little hamlet not far from the town gates? There's a problem there.

8hhLUpG.png
Oh, are those farming folk rehearsing a superstition-fueled uprising again? I'm used to that. No reason for undue excitement.

EozdLOG.png
That's where you're wrong. The place was swarming with undead, which seemed to have arisen from a strange stone menhir. That wouldn't happen to have anything to do with one of your experiments, would it?

8hhLUpG.png
With one of my experiments, you say? Now that would be most... no, no... It's completely out of the question ... unless...

EozdLOG.png
Unless… what? Tell me!

8hhLUpG.png
Well... You know about my failed experiment. Well, perhaps... oh, excuse me for a moment!

Brookbeard leaves for a while to check on something.

Zm54IoE.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Well, let's not beat about the bush. What can we do about it?

8hhLUpG.png
Well, I’ll locate the rift and seal it with an appropriate spell. Meanwhile, you should use my artifact to follow the traces of the escaped sphere energy and rectify any effect they may have had.

EozdLOG.png
It doesn't seem as though an artifact would be needed to track it down ... but alright. I'll help you.

8hhLUpG.png
Excellent! Take the artifact and follow the traces of the spheres' energies. Banish all the undead and destroy the mysterious stone menhirs. Then return to me here.

8hhLUpG.png
One more request: Try to do it as inconspicuously as possible. It won't salvage my already ruined reputation, but perhaps it will help to prevent any additional upheaval.

EozdLOG.png
Of course. And please hurry and close the rift. See you soon.

Angela must equip the amulet which will show purple trails everywhere. Following the trails leads to the monoliths.

WpbyinF.jpg

0ihOTE5.jpg

zUbuybo.jpg

The monoliths are scattered about the map; there’s even another one at the graveyard where there are now zombies.

1vfCDRW.jpg

RgVnmdz.jpg

When the last monolith is destroyed Angela returns to Brookbeard.

B0QTbwP.jpg

A9lEX1e.jpg

w2Gqton.jpg

EozdLOG.png
I've found all the stone menhirs and sent the undead back to Boron's realm.

8hhLUpG.png
I can't tell you how pleased I am that we have at last been able to eliminate the last remnants of my failed experiment. Please take these boots as a token of my appreciation.

EozdLOG.png
Thank you. Let's hope that your future experiments are more benign.

The Boron deont shows up unexpectedly to whine some more.

4kdGxCA.jpg

mMQo43t.jpg

8hhLUpG.png
And? What brings a servant of Boron to my modest dwelling? Please, speak.

L7wSTkN.jpg

EozdLOG.png
True words indeed. Listen to him well, Master.

8hhLUpG.png
That's as may be... I have always carried out my service to science faithfully, in the spirit of Hesinde. In the case of the Twelve, there are also contradictions, your Reverence.

LZQvrZf.jpg
I don't agree, Master. Didn't Hesinde also command us not to use dangerous knowledge? And what about the effects of your deeds? Have you ever given a single thought to that?

EozdLOG.png
Shouldn't you put your own house in order first, your Reverence? Let's just take the issue of the cursed crypt. Shouldn't you have known about that earlier?

LZQvrZf.jpg
Well, yes, I ... you're not entirely wrong there. I immediately suspected the Master... too early, as it turns out. Boron shall be my judge. I do not want any more imprudent experiments with magic.

8hhLUpG.png
To demand this of me is no longer necessary. The book which served as the basis for my work vanished during the first incident with the Domain of Fire. Yes, you can crow over me in your triumph. However, I will continue my research.

LZQvrZf.jpg
Perhaps it was divine destiny, my friend. I don't even want to know where that book came from. Alright - I don't want to make any more fuss about it. I do have one request however: Please be more careful in the future.

8hhLUpG.png
I will. But I must find out more about this monolith... something from the other side has been looking for a way into the third sphere ... without any help from me. I'll check the position of the stars again. I shall see you soon, your Reverence.

I guess this quest is another hint at Borbarad’s future return. Also, apparently some years after the game Brookbeard vanished during another ‘experiment’ of his after which Hesindiana took over the tower.

At any rate, now every sidequest in the game has been completed and it is time for the final part of the main quest. For this we will add Cano to the group again considering he has a much bigger stake in it than Forgrimm. Namely, finding Mora.

ufsXVAd.jpg

OKlt61R.png
I wanted to prove to Mora in a bet that I'm the only one who can rightfully lay claim to the title 'King of Thieves’. But I didn’t find the Imperial Crown, only a copy of it.

OKlt61R.png
And then to top it all, Ardo and Forgrimm caught me red-handed in a moment of weakness. Now I’m helping them to recover the crown.

OKlt61R.png
But even if she is my rival ... the thought that she’s in the clutches of those villains makes me feel very uneasy. *sigh* Just what did you get yourself into, Mora?

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 49: Dark Forest

Ardo will want to review everything that happened so far before moving on to the final part of the main quest.

ZreaAd3.jpg

aP94VK4.jpg

nu7r3b3.jpg

oljeAbp.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Allright… I’ll do it.

m0WQljd.png
We’ve all contributed our share to the story. So let’s put it together jointly ... but we should lower our voices.

OKlt61R.png
Well, then, it all started with the rivalry between Mora and me. Dajin’s henchman took advantage of it to persuade Mora to steal the crown. And when I got wind of it, naturally I tried to beat her to it.

XcemGgR.png
Ha ha, instead you were forced to help us regain it. But the only woman who could possibly have carried out the theft had been attacked by pirates on the Great River.

YPloVOT.png
You started hunting pirates to find Mora, while Jaakon and I went on Count Growin’s assignment with Gerlin. We were to find out why Baron Dajin couldn’t get the pirate plague under control.

EozdLOG.png
That’s true. We planned to work together, but then that terrible incident occurred.

YPloVOT.png
This Coldstone got wind of our investigation and first lured Gerlin and then us into a trap ... and took Jaakon’s life.

XcemGgR.png
But we don’t have to repeat it all again now, like how we caught the corrupt tollkeepers ... and the awful matter with Ardo and the Elves, right?

m0WQljd.png
No, Forgrimm, that would only distract from the essentials. The loss of the crown threatens the peace in the Middenrealm. And now we finally know who has a vested interest in things being in that state.

EozdLOG.png
Baron Dajin of Nadoret!

OKlt61R.png
By the shadow of Alveran! That man’s aims will not be concealed from us much longer. And the same applies to this Coldstone fellow, whose agenda seems to be at least partially connected to the Baron’s.

XcemGgR.png
Scallywag, instead of talking about connecting here, we should be dissecting the problem by pressing the harbormaster, so that we can find the secret entrance to the castle that Mistress Piratefist told us about.

m0WQljd.png
Right you are. I think that everyone is up to date on the current status now, so that we can go on from here. Where were we? Oh, yes, we should let old Greyhair know when we’re ready.

jvrXlGU.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Yes, we’re well prepared. Take us there.

m0WQljd.png
Are you sure you're ready? There’s no turning back ... until we’ve cleared this matter up once and for all!

EozdLOG.png
I’m quite sure, Ardo.

l1zcB7K.png
Good, then let’s get going. I heard that the harbormaster is just on his way in that direction.

Greyhair takes the group to the edge of the Dark Forest… the place where long ago Angela killed that bloodwolf together with Hesindiana.

WxLPxHu.jpg

GO7Vp4E.jpg

99TuMvw.jpg

The harbormaster soon shows up. The trick to safely crossing the Dark Forest is carrying a smoke torch. Without this torch one is just attacked endlessly by groups of wolves.

gHOuKOW.jpg

gUHjcaa.jpg

0EXdbmj.jpg

WwTTzWd.jpg

With a smoke torch of our own the Harbormaster can be followed.

obUQCmC.jpg

GwRJRyT.jpg

yelGHrS.jpg

8uyhl2P.jpg

On the western edge of the Dark Forest is a hidden chest containing the last piece of the Storm Sentinel set.

m1GceEu.jpg

jJ5jqUx.jpg

Q0vhfo2.jpg

The Highlord’s Mask is more useful though.

Confronting the Harbormaster, at long last the annoying prick can be killed.

dHbQbjw.jpg

z35UpEI.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Absolutely right… it’s us. Surprised?

anpPRXX.png
Not really. I suspected right from the start that you were up to no good. You're very persistent, seeing you're even still alive. At least we got one of you. So my trap at the harbor was of some use after all.

EozdLOG.png
Then you also have Jaakon on your conscience.

YPloVOT.png
The time you might have had to steal away and avoid the consequences of your actions has come and gone.

anpPRXX.png
Did you really believe you could snoop around my harbor and get away with it ? If you did, then you're even dumber than I thought.

m0WQljd.png
Stop! In the name of the Emperor: Put down your weapons and surrender!

anpPRXX.png
I have bad news for you. It seems that neither you nor the Emperor has a thing to say here.

anpPRXX.png
Recruits, Coldstone's orders are clear! This entrance must remain secret! Make mincemeat out of them!

After the Harbormaster is himself turned to mincemeat, we gain his key to whatever secret entrance is around.

zRGXf6o.jpg

C6FmOBl.jpg

The place to insert the key is easily located.

Pdttgds.jpg

Upon inserting the key a gate in the cliff face opens.

0GLjonN.jpg

Ir52eaK.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 50: In disguise

FmiuSnC.jpg

Through the secret gate the group enters a cave complex with lots of mercenaries. Rather unexpected.

6YX57o9.jpg

L6Xq162.jpg

FZs2TsO.jpg
Where's the harbormaster? He's normally so keen to collect his little fee at once.

It’s possible to go full Rondra here, but seems p. dumb fighting an entire mercenary camp?

EozdLOG.png
[Lie] Oh, Orbert told us we should go ahead in the meantime. He probably wanted to check something outside. He'll collect his money later.

FZs2TsO.jpg
[Success] So? What does he want to look at? Oh well, he'll tell us in due course. The main thing is that you're here. Get your tabards from that chest up there.

O4SlFbj.jpg

FZs2TsO.jpg
So it is! You look as though you've just come from battle! What have you been doing?

EozdLOG.png
[Lie] We were attacked by a pack of wolves in the forest. We had to dispatch a couple of them to get them to leave us alone!

FZs2TsO.jpg
[Success] So there are problems with those beasts again, hmm? I'd hoped that that was over for now! Well, good, I'm glad you made it.

FZs2TsO.jpg
Like I said, find yourselves a couple of tabards that fit you out of the chests there, and go out into the gorge. Guard Gerald is already waiting for you.

The tabards are the same as the ones Angela discovered in the harbour warehouse long ago.

rdFY8uB.jpg

ZL1syUm.jpg

HCOd2hB.jpg

For the time being we are forced to wear these crappy pieces and pose as mercenaries.

SZznOlK.jpg

Heading out into the gorge, the group is just in time for Baron Dajin’s speech about making the Kosh great again.

eiQqOgH.jpg

uLLvCCv.jpg

0kEfcUl.jpg

YJleTtH.jpg

O0N0qxu.jpg

7Z5FfY6.jpg

1xLgerc.jpg

xVM86An.jpg

zziWXr2.jpg

Talking to the guard, it is actually possible to fight the entire camp but this seems p. reckless. There are between 50 and 100 mercs scattered about the gorge.

chfziUs.jpg

NBh5I64.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Yes, er, we want to join you in leading the Kosh into a new era!

gAtWhq9.jpg
Of course you do, that's why we're all here! Well, it's going to be a little while before we set off. I'll take you to the quartermaster first. He'll assign you to your quarters. Follow me!

Actually the guard takes the group to a billet sergeant aply named Derpel.

xEq3yGT.jpg

Jth1Kp2.jpg

YNyUklo.jpg
Hm, so many at once? We'll soon be splitting at the seams! Oh well, we'll squeeze you in somewhere.

YNyUklo.jpg
Right, let's have a look at you first of all.

YNyUklo.jpg
Well look at that! We've finally got some female reinforcements again! We like that very much! Maybe I'll just assign you straight to my tent, haha!

It’s been a while since Fayris got triggered actually.

teFujaV.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Calm down, Fayris. I'm sure he was only trying to be funny. He doesn't look dumb enough to mean that seriously.

YNyUklo.jpg
What's that supposed to mean - I don't look dumb enough?! ... Drat it, now you've completely confused me! ... All right, we'd better focus on making progress here.

YNyUklo.jpg
I'd best send you to Sergeant Hailstrike. His unit still has a few spaces in it. Just go through here and over the bridge. You'll find him over there between the tents. Go on, march!

Hailstrike is in the middle of the gorge and looks exactly like the first merc encountered in the area.

BIauNz7.jpg

hQjr3z7.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Yes, we've just arrived. Are you Sergeant Hailstrike?

FZs2TsO.jpg
I am. What do you want from me?

EozdLOG.png
The quartermaster sent us. We're supposed to report to you.

FZs2TsO.jpg
Hm! So you're the reinforcements. Good. I was wondering when you'd eventually get here.

FZs2TsO.jpg
That tent to your left is empty. You can move in there. You'll also find a chest in there where you can put your belongings.

EozdLOG.png
Understood.

FZs2TsO.jpg
Good. Then I have a couple more tips for you: You can improve your melee skills with Sir Erund of Olming over there. On the other side of the gorge you'll find Gertrude Keen. She'll teach you archery.

FZs2TsO.jpg
You know the billet officer already, of course. As well as our unit, Sergeant Stormcrag's troops are also camped here. They also have a blacksmith and a surgeon.

FZs2TsO.jpg
The way to the stores is behind me, over the terrace. But you have no business there at the moment. You'll make the quartermaster's acquaintance later.

Cfo2k84.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Yes, sir!

Erund of Olming is a nobleman of sorts, in charge of melee training.

N5jav7b.jpg

ebh4h26.jpg

EozdLOG.png
[Etiquette] Greetings, Sir Knight. I am Angela Merkel. Upon the recommendation of Sergeant Hailstrike I would like to request that you do me the honor of evaluating my skills.

fi09uPQ.jpg
Hm, so you really do have some manners. A refreshing change from all these hangdogs here. It's a shame that we must fight for our noble cause with such blackguards by our sides!

fi09uPQ.jpg
So you want me to evaluate your fighting skills?

EozdLOG.png
That’s right.

Erund of Olming will try to send Angela on a fetch quest but we no longer put up with that bullshit.

fi09uPQ.jpg
Very good. But before we begin, I have another small task for you. Go to the smith in Sergeant Stormcrag's unit and fetch me my new sword. It should be ready by now.

fi09uPQ.jpg
She's over there on the other side of the gorge, near the caves. You'll find her.

EozdLOG.png
We're here because we want to fight and not to play the gofer! As far as I'm concerned you can send one of your lackeys!

fi09uPQ.jpg
You dare to defy my orders?! But that's how it is when you recruit riff-raff off the street. Wait, I want to teach you some manners!

fi09uPQ.jpg
So you want to fight, do you, you wretched scoundrels?! Come on, then, into the ring with you braggarts! Let's see if your hearts are as big as your mouths!

At this point we could even kill the entire camp tbh.

053tJqf.jpg

si13uRt.jpg

zDU3Vu1.jpg

2Abwe0B.jpg

One recommendation down, another one to go.

rUGAFfU.jpg

Apparently Bowmistress Keen is a nasty womyn who likes to cut off recruits’ ears.

gnSeBrf.jpg

nUIvpNy.jpg

1PNx8aQ.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Are you Bowmistress Keen?

t2jofeU.jpg
Indeed I am. Are you new to this camp?

EozdLOG.png
Yes. Sergeant Hailstrike sent us. You're supposed to test our skills.

t2jofeU.jpg
Is that so? He seems to think I've got nothing better to do. Hm... I have an idea. You'll get your test, but you'll make yourself useful in the process. You're going harpy hunting.

EozdLOG.png
I'm supposed to go harpy hunting? Are you serious?

t2jofeU.jpg
Those abominations were already here when we set up our camp. I've managed to get several of them already and I've destroyed a few nests. But it was too much trouble to run after them all.

t2jofeU.jpg
If any are left, they will just keep building new nests. I've discovered a few more over by the rock face opposite.

EozdLOG.png
Yes, that is to be assumed.

t2jofeU.jpg
Their screeching gets on my nerves. Just eliminate them - I don't care how you do it. Afterwards you'll get your piece of paper for Hailstrike.

EozdLOG.png
Alright. We’ll take care of the harpies.

There are two harpy nests, destroying each one calls in an entire swarm. Harpies are annoying since they have a special claw attack that causes wounds.

S5vsNuI.jpg

LV7Vc1y.jpg

Hze7aHT.jpg

sNK8G2t.jpg

With the recommendations done Hailstrike sends us off to the quartermaster.

3Erj43x.jpg

FZs2TsO.jpg
Well, it looks as though you might be very useful! Here, go to the camp and give this letter to the quartermaster there. It contains instructions on arming and equipping you.

With the letter we can get past a previously inaccessible area.

Enaaor1.jpg

eaFvanH.jpg

Inside is a big locked gate that should lead inside the castle. It is likely the quartermaster possesses the key.

YBJU8p4.jpg

0qZcrQZ.jpg

JOi5nzM.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Sergeant Hailstrike sent us. You're supposed to equip us. Here's a note from him.

ZB8enOo.jpg
Hm, let's see ... all right. Come through to the back with me and I'll sort out your equipment.

Unfortunately, just when it seems that we’re going through this area without any combat the entire group is suddenly exposed.

qAhDKhY.jpg

ZB8enOo.jpg
Sergeant Hailstrike! What is the meaning of this? These recruits said ...

FZs2TsO.jpg
These 'recruits' are spies! They were trying to sneak into the camp!

FZs2TsO.jpg
We've just found the harbormaster and the others you killed! It's time to pay, you wretched spies!

There’s a big battle against many enemies, several of whom are archers and crossbowmen. Problem is we need to fight them in these crappy tabards.

Only Hailstrike and Springdale are somewhat dangerous, using Better Offer/Sleep on them while dealing with the riff-raff is the way to go.

pUEe0zu.jpg

XbxtwiQ.jpg

d0DEbmx.jpg

In any case, the key to the gate into the castle is on the quartermaster’s corpse.

a1lzLNW.jpg

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 51: Party Crashers

The locked gate in the mercenary camp leads into Nadoret castle wine cellar.

8n6yWi7.jpg

A valet soon shows up as the group ascends the stairs.

zFa7xk1.jpg

zUOf0bG.jpg

jTcM5mJ.jpg

uDgxYok.jpg
Guards? Here?! Oh! But I ... well ... er ... I’m sorry but his Lordship does not allow guards to enter this area of the castle.

uDgxYok.jpg
The Baron has ordered me to provide you with ample food and drink. But I must request you keep away from the storerooms and the feasting hall.

EozdLOG.png
We're here on the Baron's orders! You just go about your business, servant. We'll find our own way.

Coincidentally enough, the valet knows Ardo.

uDgxYok.jpg
The Baron sent you? Well, that changes everything ... Wait a moment! Ardo of Boarstock?! Why it’s you! From head to toe! But ... You here? Dressed ... for war? And whose tabard are you wearing?

EozdLOG.png
[let Ardo speak]

D8Hdq66.jpg

uDgxYok.jpg
Well, you might say that. The castle is beautiful, the banquets are rousing and my master isn’t exactly tight-fisted. But nothing can compare to the time I spent in your service. Well, aside from that incident with the ghost ...

m0WQljd.png
Yes, we’ve had our fair share of ghost tales at Oxblood. Unfortunately we don’t have time to trade stories about the past, old boy. What I am about to tell you is for your ears only, do you understand?

EozdLOG.png
[let Ardo administer oath]

uDgxYok.jpg
Your Lordship, I swear by my life and all that I hold dear: I will not speak a word of what you are about to tell me. Now say what you have to say.

m0WQljd.png
Good, I’ll be brief: These tabards belong to a secret army that Baron Dajin has assembled in the gorge below the castle. He plans to overthrow Count Growin in Ferdok with their aid.

uDgxYok.jpg
He plans to do what?! That’s terrible!

EozdLOG.png
And that's not all, not by a long chalk. He was also in league with the river pirates and incited them to commit robberies to help him equip that secret army.

uDgxYok.jpg
Oh my, I feel dizzy. My master has betrayed the Count and the Empire? If ... if I hadn’t heard it from your mouth, then ...

Some guards appear out of nowhere.

9zVLuoz.jpg

0MXGow1.jpg

m0WQljd.png
I am Palatine Ardo of Boarstock and I insist that you grant us an audience with the Baron and guarantee the safety of this servant. Immediately!

56KXJ7I.jpg
We take orders from one man and one man only. Our orders are to eliminate any confidants and deliver all spies to his Lordship.

EozdLOG.png
You dishonorable rabble! If you think we're going to stand by and watch you kill that blameless servant, you're sorely mistaken.

56KXJ7I.jpg
Then you leave us no other choice. We will dispatch you all to Boron’s halls.

uDgxYok.jpg
You want ... what?! But that’s ... I feel so ... so ... ohhh.

Wendel faints but the scumbags last about two seconds.

BelZaR5.jpg

ZxYZsmJ.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Yes. Sad, but true. Are you alright now?

uDgxYok.jpg
I’m flattered by your concern, young lady. I’ll ... I’ll manage. The only thing that’s really hurt is my pride. Are ... are you a friend of Master Ardo of Boarstock?

EozdLOG.png
My name is Angela Merkel. I'm helping Ardo to search for a certain Mora. You haven't happened to see her here in the castle, have you?

uDgxYok.jpg
Yes, she’s here. The Baron is holding this little gathering in her honor. It will be the first time that he has appeared with her in public. The man is practically obsessed with her.

Cano is triggered by the fear of getting cucked.

0xGtF6v.jpg

uDgxYok.jpg
Spoken with her?! Forgive me, Master, but no. I would never dream of doing such a thing.

m0WQljd.png
Brewin, can you tell us where she is? We have to speak with her. This is a matter of the utmost importance.

uDgxYok.jpg
I’m sorry. But I don’t have the slightest idea where her chambers are located. All I know is that she will be at the Baron’s side at the banquet today.

m0WQljd.png
Hhmm ... I have an idea. Brewin, take us to this banquet. But let’s avoid any further trouble with guests, guards or other servants.

m0WQljd.png
But first we have to get rid of these tabards. I’m sick of wearing them and I despise what they represent. We certainly don’t need them for what I have in mind. Brewin, I trust you will find a good hiding place for them.

uDgxYok.jpg
I’m sure I can manage that, your Lordship – I’ll soon find a safe place to stash them. And I’ll find somewhere to put those guards as well. But first, let me take you to the feasting hall.

m0WQljd.png
Good, after you. But please, stop calling me ‘your Lordship’. You know how I hate those empty phrases. After you, Brewin.

Ardo’s idea is to crash Dajin’s party; luckily for this purpose everybody brought their best clothes.

7rRe9RG.jpg

bhmm4JQ.jpg

x5FPEK0.jpg

Reaching the wine cellar exit, Coldstone and Jasmine will actually pass by.

nVSJWYa.jpg

LIFEXJJ.png
The pirates are irrelevant now.

Fc8aa3X.jpg
Gerlin’s allies will soon realize that their pathetic efforts to uncover our plans have failed utterly.

LIFEXJJ.png
You know what to do if any unexpected guests arrive, Jasmine.

Fc8aa3X.jpg
Of course, Master.

Hk51mtp.jpg

uDgxYok.jpg
Not exactly. That was the honorable Regismund of Coldstone. He has been residing here at the castle as the Baron’s guest for some time now. Along with his entourage, of course. He usually avoids festivities such as this.

Je6fen2.jpg

EozdLOG.png
I'm sorry to have to say this, Brewin, but I think Fayris is right in what she's saying. This man isn't just in on the Baron's plans - he's assisting him in carrying them out.

m0WQljd.png
Not to mention his attempt to have me assassinated. I have no doubt that Coldstone was behind it. And soon I will stand face to face with my foe, and when that time comes, I will test his honor.

uDgxYok.jpg
Do you mean to say that Master Coldstone is a party to this conspiracy? This whole story just gets worse and worse! What have I got myself into?!

m0WQljd.png
Don’t lose heart now. Everything will turn out fine in the end. I would prefer to be introduced as “Ardo of Boarstock and entourage” rather than be recognized by someone at the banquet. Just this once, could you introduce me as 'His Lordship' and ... [he whispers something in Brewin’s ear] ... alright, Brewin?

uDgxYok.jpg
Oh ... yes, as your Lor ... um, as you wish. I will go on ahead and take up my position as herald. The feasting hall is just off to the left. May Praios bless you and your companions with the courage of the righteous.

m0WQljd.png
Just a moment. Do you know who else is on the guest list?

uDgxYok.jpg
Not all of them, unfortunately. But I did recognize two of the guests who arrived earlier: Lady Mina of the Mountain and Archmage Rakorium Muntagonus. I will see you in the feasting hall.

After Wendel goes off to the banquet hall Ardo takes Angela aside.

m0WQljd.png
Let’s give good old Brewin a moment. This might be our best opportunity to get close to Mora. As long as we are mingling with the other guests, these scoundrels can’t touch us.

EozdLOG.png
All right. So we have to stick it out until Dajin shows up to the banquet?!

m0WQljd.png
Yes and no. If we can stir up the guests somehow, Baron Dajin will have to show himself in order to lighten their mood. And I think I have an idea how to do it ...

m0WQljd.png
The lady that Brewin mentioned before – Mina of the Mountain – she is a terrible gossip. She hardly ever misses a party. I’m sure she can provide us with all the ammunition we need to stir things up here.

m0WQljd.png
As my liegemen, you will have to behave, of course. I doubt that the assembled nobility have any idea of what is actually going on here – and we want things to stay that way. And remember: absolutely no fighting!

EozdLOG.png
Hmm ... and you're quite certain that the Baron won't get fed up and just have us thrown into the dungeon?

m0WQljd.png
No, he wouldn’t do that in front of his guests. Nobody would ever accept another invitation if they thought that could happen to them. Trust me, I know these people. Unfortunately.

All that’s left to do now is head to the banquet hall… where Brewin will announce Ardo & Co quite pompously.

M06FANf.jpg

Z5v3nUk.jpg

5oa9ju2.jpg

uDgxYok.jpg
The most honorable, Ardo of Boarstock.

uDgxYok.jpg
Palatine of Imperial Oxblood. Protector of the Imperial Insignia at Rudo's Shield. Venerable member of the Garetian Cedar Cabinet. Descendent of Saint Baduar!

uDgxYok.jpg
And traveling in his entourage… the honorable warriors of the ... *throat-clearing* ... of the Secret Society of Raul!

After entering the banquet hall, it is time for Angela to mingle and work the crowd.

Bk87Ihy.jpg

b4yphbY.jpg

tTKCkJM.jpg

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 52: Gossip Girl

Enno is one of the familiar faces on the banquet.

RWH8fK9.jpg

ZbNpP48.jpg

m0WQljd.png
Nor did I wish to embarrass you, Lord Protector of Vardock. Let us forget the matter.

IPmcont.jpg
I am pleasantly surprised by your attitude. Until today I only knew the House of Boarstock from the rather prejudiced tales told in my family.

EozdLOG.png
Would you answer some questions, Lord Protector?

IPmcont.jpg
If I must.

EozdLOG.png
What do you know about the other guests?

IPmcont.jpg
As you perfectly well know, I barely know anyone here. But thank you for asking.

IPmcont.jpg
I know quite a lot about the noble Mina of the Mountain. After all, she talks more than most people. She’s hard to miss in that bright red dress and that utterly impractical hat.

IPmcont.jpg
To put it in a nutshell – she’s completely prejudiced. But then so are most of the blue-blooded gentry. Oh, she’s also very indiscreet and very pushy.

IPmcont.jpg
Oh, but doesn’t that spit-roasted Wengholm game with wine sauce taste divine?

EozdLOG.png
Can you tell me anything about the Baron?

IPmcont.jpg
The invitation to his banquet came quite unexpectedly. I barely had enough time to make any preparations and I’m bound to make a fool of myself.

IPmcont.jpg
You have to keep up to date on all the latest heraldry. Apparently, some of the nobles have recently forced their liegemen to adopt a strange new emblem.

IPmcont.jpg
I’m not at all sure what to eat. What dessert do you think is likely to be the more troublesome ... the Double-Onion Braided Dwarven Pastry or Drakfold Dragon Pudding?

EozdLOG.png
How are you enjoying the celebration?

IPmcont.jpg
Bah! This little gathering is nothing compared to the rousing feasts celebrated by my lord, Count Orsino Falconhurst.

IPmcont.jpg
But I hear that there are a few surprises planned for later. According to rumor the Baron plans to make Answin of Ravensmound a gift that will put my lord to shame.

IPmcont.jpg
Wait! Surely that’s not Butter & Beer Cake, is it? It certainly looks like it.

EozdLOG.png
Does anything about this party seem somewhat strange to you?

IPmcont.jpg
Everything seems rather strange to me. But I guess it’s just the gloomy atmosphere in this enormous castle. It reminds me of my family’s fortress, Porquidstrue. How depressing.

IPmcont.jpg
This banquet is so dull that it’s no wonder the Baron hasn’t shown himself yet.

IPmcont.jpg
The most exciting part so far was the announcement that the Baron has appointed a Court Magician. Perhaps he’ll entertain us with a few tricks later.

IPmcont.jpg
But knowing my luck, his magician will be one of those dull bookish types ...

EozdLOG.png
We don’t want to bother you any longer.

Next person to talk to is some sheik.

fMX58Ic.jpg

WTLGo8k.jpg

m0WQljd.png
Greetings, Sheik. What brings you here in these troubled times? I hear that the mercenaries of Al'Anfas storm across your lands as we speak.

TR1xURg.jpg
My friend and ruler, the Bey of Ferchaba, has requested that I travel to these foreign lands and seek out a new bride for him. He wishes to make a special addition to his harem.

TR1xURg.jpg
I hope that I will not embarrass your female companion when I say that I believe I have found just the right woman to satisfy his desires: Countess Malgorra del Incendio.

m0WQljd.png
I would not want to interfere in your master’s affairs, my most honorable Sheik. I would like to introduce you to someone: Angela Merkel.

EozdLOG.png
Greetings, Sheik. Would you oblige me in answering a question?

TR1xURg.jpg
I would be delighted to, my dear lady.

EozdLOG.png
Have you met the other guests yet?

TR1xURg.jpg
I don’t know any of them personally, but I have spoken to a few of the guests.

TR1xURg.jpg
Only Countess del Incendio has steadfastly ignored me so far. She seems intent on testing my determination and my patience.

TR1xURg.jpg
The sight of this magnificent woman fills my heart with joy. It is almost as though I have found my one true love again – Sharisad Karhina Dorahsunni of the Beni Ish.

In Tulamide lands, a Sharisad is some kind of magical dancer.

TR1xURg.jpg
Like I said, she is everything that the Bey desires for his harem. But she exudes such a menacing aura that I wonder whether I would survive were I to ask her to join my master’s harem.

EozdLOG.png
What do you know about the Baron of Nadoret?

TR1xURg.jpg
Well. I think you know the Baron better than I do. The Bey has had very little to do with the House of Nadoret in the past. But the Baron seems to share the Bey’s appreciation of the beautiful things in life.

EozdLOG.png
How are you enjoying the Baron’s party?

TR1xURg.jpg
To be honest, it’s all a bit tame. Don’t get me wrong, but I think this is typical of the entire region.

TR1xURg.jpg
The wild banquets celebrated in the halls of Ferchaba are renowned for their revelry and sensuality. Indeed, I know of nothing to compare.

TR1xURg.jpg
This banquet, on the other hand, is ... shall we say ... rather quiet and reserved. But ... who knows? Perhaps something interesting will happen later.

EozdLOG.png
Have you noticed anything unusual?

TR1xURg.jpg
I’m sorry, but as a foreigner practically everything about this banquet seems strange to me.

TR1xURg.jpg
Especially these bizarrely-named dishes. If, on the other hand, you are referring to the guests, then I must admit that you are the most interesting people here aside from Countess Incendio.

TR1xURg.jpg
But ... now that I think about it. A short while ago a man in a white robe stalked across the banquet hall with two concubines on his arms without even glancing at the assembled guests.

EozdLOG.png
Enjoy the rest of the party, honorable Sheik.

Next person to talk to is some minor nobleman named Trewman.

yW2Kurr.jpg

h37lf75.jpg

m0WQljd.png
Hhm ... Trueleaf? The Baron has indeed invited quite an illustrious crowd. And so we meet, Squire Trewman.

EozdLOG.png
Could I ask you some questions?

2jzpIW5.jpg
But of course, ask away!

EozdLOG.png
Do you know the Baron’s guests well?

2jzpIW5.jpg
Well, I consider myself to be very well informed. The Baron is always good for a surprise and the guest list for his banquet is no exception.

2jzpIW5.jpg
But I would stay well clear of the good Lady Mina of the Mountain – if you spend just a few minutes in her company, she’ll never stop spreading lies about you. Which she will probably do in any case.

2jzpIW5.jpg
Yes! That pretentious laugh of hers! It’s unbearable. Unlike these two beautiful ladies here. Ahahaha!

EozdLOG.png
What can you tell me about the Baron?

2jzpIW5.jpg
Haha! Dajin of Nadoret has many friends and I am glad to be one of them. He most recently befriended the former Imperial Chancellor, Answin of Ravensmound.

2jzpIW5.jpg
And as you can tell by this magnificent banquet, the Baron is a very rich man. And he is nearly as generous as I am, ahahaha!

EozdLOG.png
You look as though you're enjoying yourself a great deal - am I right?

2jzpIW5.jpg
And why not? The young ladies are beautiful, the conversation pleasant and the servants more than willing to quench my thirst for good wine.

m0WQljd.png
Indeed! You are quite right, Squire.

2jzpIW5.jpg
Er ... what? Haha! But my dear Sir. At your age ... well, I mean, I was just talking to these ladies. I’m sure you will excuse me ... haha!

EozdLOG.png
Have we missed anything interesting?

2jzpIW5.jpg
Oh well ... a little adventure! I accompanied a lady out onto the balcony earlier. We think we heard someone crying out from the gorge below the castle.

2jzpIW5.jpg
The guards told us that they were the cries of harpies – those horrid chimeras! Winged women with neither arms nor legs ... who would create such a useless creature?

EozdLOG.png
Where did you say this was, exactly?

2jzpIW5.jpg
The entrance to the balcony is over there at the end of the hall. But the doors are locked now. Apparently the Baron is preparing a gift on the balcony as we speak.

EozdLOG.png
Then I won't disturb your drinking session any further.

Surprisingly the half-senile Rakorium is around as well.

d15ErEM.jpg

CaaqMFK.jpg

53Kze9m.jpg

wZFAfwY.jpg
... But that’s what I said, Nottel. Now stop interrupting. Can’t you see I’m talking with the honorable Pantomime of Snorstock!

m0WQljd.png
Palatine, not Pantomime ... Master Rakorium.

EozdLOG.png
We've actually met once before, good Master!

wZFAfwY.jpg
Really? Well, I travel such a lot ... for my research, you know ... and I meet so many people.

wZFAfwY.jpg
What can I do for you? Would you like to know something about magical goblets, perhaps? I read a very interesting manuscript recently ...

EozdLOG.png
May I ask you some questions?

wZFAfwY.jpg
Yes, of course ... what about, Nottel ... er ... yes, whatever.

EozdLOG.png
Can you tell me anything about the other guests?

wZFAfwY.jpg
Er ... that’s a good question. Tell me, haven’t Prince Bennain and Raidri Conchobair arrived yet? Or ... ?

EozdLOG.png
Are they coming too?

wZFAfwY.jpg
Oh dear. I’m rather confused. That was another function that I planned ... to attend. Anything else?

EozdLOG.png
Can you tell me anything about Baron Dajin?

wZFAfwY.jpg
Baron Dajin? I’ve never heard of him.

m0WQljd.png
But this is his banquet!

wZFAfwY.jpg
You mean this isn’t the Ferdok Municipal Archive? Oh ... I was wondering why the buffet was so grand ...

EozdLOG.png

wZFAfwY.jpg
... Well ... er ... this is a most impressive buffet for an archive. And these extravagant dishes are most ... um, extravagant.

wZFAfwY.jpg
But it really is too loud in here to think clearly ... did I tell you about that manuscript? At the moment I’m working on ...

EozdLOG.png
… on which manuscript?

wZFAfwY.jpg
What nonsense ... the claptrap in this goblet ... er, book, is simply ... excuse me, I keep drifting off.

EozdLOG.png

wZFAfwY.jpg
Yes, now that you ask. There’s something very strange going on here.

EozdLOG.png
Yes, Master?

wZFAfwY.jpg
Come closer, I don’t want to talk too loudly.

EozdLOG.png
But of course…

wZFAfwY.jpg
Look at that buffet! Baked and battered Baltrea bass on cold Kosh custard cream! Only a lunatic could come up with a combination like that. That’s most unusual.

wZFAfwY.jpg
It’s retrospective ... one might even say alliterative. Almost like that meal I once had at the Black Boar Inn.

EozdLOG.png
But… I thought… *sigh*

wZFAfwY.jpg
Yeah? What?

EozdLOG.png
I don’t want anything – I’m sorry!

The chick in purple is actually the main antagonist in the first Drakensang game.

XfNttB3.jpg

qvnhdF3.jpg

m0WQljd.png
That’s most friendly of you. And you are?

5KkPByP.jpg
Oh, excuse me. How impolite! I am Countess Malgorra del Incendio. I am visiting the Kingdom of Kosh on a personal matter.

5KkPByP.jpg
I couldn’t help noticing that you arrived rather late. But then ... our host has not set a particularly good example either, has he?

m0WQljd.png
Trust me, dear Countess. No one is more saddened by these circumstances than I.

EozdLOG.png
May I ask you some questions?

5KkPByP.jpg
Of course. Why not?

EozdLOG.png
Can you tell me something about the other guests?

5KkPByP.jpg
I am afraid not. All those dullards and that confused old man with his plot to besmirch draconic history – I hope they all rot in the deepest netherhell.

5KkPByP.jpg
I don’t mean you, of course. To be honest, I had hoped that there’d be more people of your caliber here. I’m really only here to satisfy my curiosity about the Baron’s new consort.

m0WQljd.png
Well then you’ll be glad to know that I share your curiosity. I’m positively burning to meet this girl Mora.

EozdLOG.png
Could you tell me anything about Baron Dajin?

5KkPByP.jpg
The Baron hobnobs with many of the most important figures in the Empire. As well as catching up with the Baron, I was actually hoping to meet some of them. But they all appear to have been unable to attend. What a shame.

EozdLOG.png

5KkPByP.jpg
It’s like all the other banquets held in the Kingdom of Kosh over the last one hundred years ... terribly dull. Don’t you think?

m0WQljd.png
Hhm ... I would be lying if I said I was bored. I have ... business matters to discuss with the Baron.

5KkPByP.jpg
Naturally. Why else would a man of your stature be here?

EozdLOG.png
Did I hear that correctly, noble Countess? One hundred years?!

5KkPByP.jpg
Hahaha! It’s just a little joke. I meant to say that nothing ever changes in the Kosh – that’s all. But who knows ... we may face great changes sooner than we think.

EozdLOG.png

5KkPByP.jpg
What do you mean? Do you think the guests were lured away from the terrace under false pretences?

5KkPByP.jpg
Or that the Baron’s 'Court Magician' is racing about the halls a bit too hastily?

5KkPByP.jpg
Or ... are you referring to the fact that you arrived late at the banquet and were not even announced as official guests?

m0WQljd.png
Countess, please! Surely you don’t mean to suggest that my late arrival is somehow connected with the Court Magician’s haste?

5KkPByP.jpg
Certainly not, my dear Palatine. What could an honest man like the Baron possibly have to fear from you? Let’s just say that I have a lively imagination.

EozdLOG.png
Thank you for answering my questions.

Last person to speak with is the notorious Mina of the Mountain.

Bzrzdvv.jpg

k8X0MQ3.jpg

m0WQljd.png
No, my dear Lady of the Mountain. Mina, I believe?

BdvfPpK.jpg
So you do remember! Heehee. We’ve met before. At a banquet in the Northern Marches, where – I might add – both the host and his guests arrived punctually.

m0WQljd.png
Hhm ... I’m not so sure about that. But please, let me introduce my companion to you: Angela Merkel!

EozdLOG.png
I’d like to ask you some questions, noble Lady.

BdvfPpK.jpg
Please, feel free.

EozdLOG.png
Could you tell me something about the other guests?

BdvfPpK.jpg
Heehee, alright then. Just this once. Who would you like to know about?

EozdLOG.png
The Countess Malgorra del Incendio.

BdvfPpK.jpg
Hhm, Countess Malgorra del Incendio? This is the first time that I’ve met her. Cleavage aside, I haven’t seen much of her at all to be honest.

BdvfPpK.jpg
But I find her attire most distasteful. She claims her gown was handmade for her by the master tailor Marcusi himself. The poor man must have lost all control of his scissors.

BdvfPpK.jpg
A woman of her standing presenting herself like that – it’s just not right! And her hair! My ancestress Leonore would turn over in her grave if she could see this. Isn’t that right, Ardo?

m0WQljd.png
If you say so, Lady of the Mountain.

EozdLOG.png
What can you tell me about Enno of Vardock?

BdvfPpK.jpg
One has to feel sorry for Enno of Vardock, mustn’t one? It’s such a shame that his rather attractive Master, Orsino of Falconhurst, has not accompanied him.

BdvfPpK.jpg
But we shouldn’t make jokes about the poor man. He makes life hard enough for himself as it is. I think he was knighted more out of charity than anything else.

BdvfPpK.jpg
The House of Vardock earns most of its income from the manufacturing of sauerkraut. One has to know that to understand them. But one might expect a little more self-control at a banquet ..

EozdLOG.png
What can you tell me about Said el'Faruk ben Harr?

BdvfPpK.jpg
AH, yes ... that is the Sheik of Tarhubal. His name sounds so romantic. Said el'Faruk ben Harr. It’s such a shame that he only has eyes for Countess Malgorra del Incendio. I would make a much better marriage.

BdvfPpK.jpg
After all, the 'of the Mountain' family is the only noble house in the entire Middenrealm that can trace its roots back to the Old Empire. Apart from the House of Boarstock, of course. Heeheehee.

BdvfPpK.jpg
Mina el'Faruk ben Harr' ... *sigh* It sounds so enchanting, doesn’t it? But on the other hand, they have such different customs ... I would have to share him with the other women in his harem. What do you think ... Ardo?

m0WQljd.png
Forgive me. It would not be right for me to pass judgment on such matters, dear Mina. My interest in the Sheik is less romantic ...

EozdLOG.png
What can you tell me about Trewman of Trueleaf?

BdvfPpK.jpg
But of course I know Squire Trewman! He loves making gifts and is particularly fond of his wine. He’s a true son of Rahja! Heeheehee.

BdvfPpK.jpg
But he won’t be able to keep up his façade for much longer – the man has debts in every barony in the Kosh.

BdvfPpK.jpg
Greed is such an unfortunate trait, don’t you agree Ardo?

m0WQljd.png
Quite so, my Lady of the Mountain.

EozdLOG.png
What can you tell me about Rakorium Muntagonus?

BdvfPpK.jpg
Heeheehee, Rakorium Muntagonus is Dean of the Magician’s Academy in Festum. But he always seems to be traveling nowadays.

BdvfPpK.jpg
They say he’s searching for evidence of a lizard conspiracy. Heeheehee, what a load of claptrap! As if those reptilian creatures were capable of such a thing! Heehee, well I suppose that’s just how old people are.

BdvfPpK.jpg
You had better not listen to him too long, or you’ll start watching for signs and noting how often people about you use the letter S ... heehee.

EozdLOG.png
Thank you for the information. Take care.

Armed with Mina’s gossip it should be possible to stir things up a bit…

3skLxDG.jpg

wZFAfwY.jpg
According to the manuscript, the goblets ... Oh, excuse me! I was thinking aloud ... who’s ill?

EozdLOG.png
No ... Mina of the Mountain has been speaking ill of you!

wZFAfwY.jpg
That’s outrageous. You should never allow anyone to speak poorly of you!

EozdLOG.png
No, not about me – about you!

wZFAfwY.jpg
What about me?

EozdLOG.png
Oh, excuse me, noble Master.

Talking to Rakorium is pointless as always, but others should be more receptive.

VlDpIpO.jpg

EozdLOG.png
The honorable Lady of the Mountain is somewhat concerned about your constant presence at the banquet table.

IPmcont.jpg
Yes? I too have been somewhat concerned. Not without reason, it would seem.

IPmcont.jpg
I could choke on a troll cherry and suffocate. A relative of mine was killed when his cook forgot to skin the venison properly.

EozdLOG.png
She actually said that all you ever got to eat at home was sauerkraut.

IPmcont.jpg
Hhm. That's true, unfortunately.

EozdLOG.png
And that you made quite a ridiculous-looking knight.

IPmcont.jpg
People always misunderstand me. She probably knows my family. Several of them lost their lives under the most ridiculous circumstances.

IPmcont.jpg
Perhaps I can change the honorable Lady’s mind about us. But I’ll probably just embarrass myself by slipping in a puddle of wine ...

gWWxGSe.jpg

EozdLOG.png
Did you know that the Lady of the Mountain has been speaking ill of you?

5KkPByP.jpg
Uh-huh. She does, does she? What ... exactly did she say?

EozdLOG.png
Let me think ... that your dress is frivolous, and that your hair looks like you've been dragged through a hedge backwards. Oh, and that your appearance alone was an insult.

5KkPByP.jpg
That’s most interesting. Thank you. I suppose it’s time for Mina and I to have a little chat. But tell me, what do you think of my gown?

EozdLOG.png
Let them gossip. I think your dress emphasizes your fiery temperament.

5KkPByP.jpg
My “fiery temperament” – if only you knew, how right you are. When I speak with her, our friend Mina of the Mountain will be surprised at just how fiery I can be. Again, thank you for your honesty.

Mr7foig.jpg

2jzpIW5.jpg
Pardon me for speaking so frankly, but I could not care less what she thinks.

EozdLOG.png
Even if she's saying that you drown your financial sorrows in cheap wine?

2jzpIW5.jpg
That’s outrageous! A gentleman does not talk about financial matters in the company of a lady.

2jzpIW5.jpg
I really don’t understand why this despicable individual was even invited. And that goes for a few others here as well ... not including these two beauties, of course.

Spreading Mina’s gossip forces the Baron to finally come out.

WXxbaxX.jpg

d2DtYSX.jpg

B07fMih.jpg

KzR4xmc.png
Yes, and I’m sure you will excuse my late arrival. My most recent conquest demanded my immediate attention.

KzR4xmc.png
She is, without a doubt, the most beautiful creature in all the world.

KzR4xmc.png
May I present to you, my very own and truly unique – Mora.

OKlt61R.png
Mora! I can’t believe it! With Dajin!

m0WQljd.png
At last, I can finally catch a glimpse of the person who is responsible for this whole mess.

The Mora who shows up is not the right Mora, however.

UynXW32.jpg

Wn8w5I4.jpg

IIzAjqy.jpg

At any rate now finally the Baron can be confronted face to face.

UwbkwQh.jpg

m0WQljd.png
Ardo of Boarstock. How interesting to meet you in person. I’ve heard plenty about you, Dajin.

KzR4xmc.png
Really? Hahaha! But then, who hasn’t heard of me? What was your name again? ... Boarstock?

m0WQljd.png
That’s right. I'm sure you know my name in connection with Rudo's Shield.

BdvfPpK.jpg
Oh, you are the guardian of the Imperial Insignia! A position of great responsibility, I’m sure. I take it your family enjoys the favor of His Magnificence the Emperor?

m0WQljd.png
Indeed we do. The twin virtues of loyalty and honor are held in high esteem by my family. I take my responsibility very seriously.

KzR4xmc.png
Hahaha, of course, of course! You must tell me more about this. I’m sure the ladies will understand if we retire to discuss this in private.

m0WQljd.png
That’s most agreeable. We should speak openly and frankly with one another. I have a number of questions to put to you.

Angela & Co must follow the fat fop of a Baron into a probable trap.

tQHpB7r.jpg

8XPgdlT.jpg

SK3LSat.jpg

wwq8Dhz.jpg

zsxxo3O.jpg

m0WQljd.png
Very good, Dajin of Nadoret. I charge you with committing treason against your rightful lord, collaborating with criminal elements and conspiracy of theft! What do you have to say in your defense?

As expected the trap springs and Angela is forced to submit to Ardo’s sense of honor.

KQpVIgZ.jpg

KzR4xmc.png
It's the result that matters and I'm sure that you of all people will understand that. You didn’t really think that you could put an end to my plans here in my magnificent castle, did you?

m0WQljd.png
Don’t be too sure of yourself, Dajin! Entire civilizations have been brought down by pride.

KzR4xmc.png
You appear to have underestimated me. Or did you truly think that your accusations would be more persuasive than a cow?

OKlt61R.png
Agggrrrr ... ramming a metal stake through his heart might be more persuasive, Ardo.

KzR4xmc.png
I must say, you are rather stubborn, aren’t you? But I’m sure you wouldn’t want to shed any blood so close to my guests, most honorable Palatine.

m0WQljd.png
No. I won’t risk besmirching my good name for the sake of someone like you.

KzR4xmc.png
Yes. I thought as much. Well then ... Guards! Disarm these gentlemen, escort them to my dungeon and make them comfortable in one of the more spacious cells. Understood?

EozdLOG.png
Ardo?!

m0WQljd.png
Don’t resist. This is no place for a battle. Dajin, remember my words: your greed will be your downfall.

KzR4xmc.png
Yes, of course. I have an appointment with the Master. It would be impolite of me to keep him waiting after all he has done for me. So, if you will excuse me ...

After everything they’ve already been through, kinda sucks to get locked up.

IFRNST6.jpg

Last edited:

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Part 53: Prison Break

Soon a jailer shows up with taunts.

XLq1WMG.jpg

zIz66Ai.jpg
The better your behavior, the fresher your meals will be. Yelling, screaming and other disturbances will be punished with starvation – which is a good way to solve that problem.

zIz66Ai.jpg
And since I'm a generous man and I like to give our newcomers a warm welcome. Here, don’t eat it all at once.

zIz66Ai.jpg
Oh, and don’t even think of escaping. You’ll never dig your way out of this castle with your bare hands. No matter how desperate you might be, these walls are stronger. Hahaha!

Ardo got everybody into this mess, it’s up to him to come up with a plan.

EAzh1hx.jpg

OKlt61R.png
And trusting your plan landed us behind bars!

m0WQljd.png
The Baron thinks he's incapacitated us. This gives us the chance to keep searching for the crown. Those bars won't keep us here for long, my friends.

EozdLOG.png
It sounds as though you've already thought of a way out of here.

m0WQljd.png
I'm not as young as I once was. All this excitement could cause my heart to fail. Your cries for help would certainly lure the jailer into the cell.

Actually Ardo is only 35…

m0WQljd.png
Let's look and see if there's any way to improvise weapons of some kind. Tell me when you're ready, Angela Merkel!

The fish bucket contains some interesting weapons, but… yeah.

MtgNWfM.jpg

ItAWwdr.jpg

dewwlBg.jpg

Fayris’ spells should ensure that the fish aren’t really needed. Not to mention our two Phex deonts’ Throw Stars inflicts 4D6 damage at this point.

EozdLOG.png
Let’s get this farce started.

Ardo turns out to be a good actor. The retarted jailer falls for it.

i6xd9Xj.jpg

4bkML30.jpg

wEGpByO.jpg

FR3yMIo.jpg

m0WQljd.png
Attack!!!

The jailer goes down quickly even though everyone in the party is almost naked.

TDz3zmj.jpg

gxfdfQk.jpg

m0WQljd.png
Let's just get out! I suggest we look and see if Mora's also in one of these cells. Perhaps she's being held captive too.

m0WQljd.png
But first we need to find our equipment. I feel so ...naked, somehow, without my sword.

Further on are two guards but Fayris’ djinn can take them out easily.

NEcrKqx.jpg

pLmcePn.jpg

The guards drop some equipment Ardo can make use of; however their armour can’t be looted.

evc5pto.jpg

There’s a cell with dogs in the area, but there’s no need to deal with them. Mora is also nowhere to be seen.

0ZoYmGq.jpg

Three guards are stationed further on, Ardo and djinn can take them down effortlessly.

XuAJWGN.jpg

XmwIApL.jpg

xzvoHnk.jpg

At the end of the corridor is the guardhouse where the group’s equipment should be.

DaUeE2q.jpg

AUyIIUM.jpg

There are four guards, one armed with crossbow… but again extremely incompetent.

bn1Trb5.jpg

P5vU6Yo.jpg

One of the guards drops a key to the battlements. Mora should be out there somewhere.

is9NHc3.jpg

VZLGUL9.jpg

The group’s equipment in the chests; after re-equipping it’s time to investigate outside.

U3gBUSr.jpg

nt5xvWO.jpg

6X9c4u4.jpg

There’s a nice view outside but more importantly – where is Mora?

JuiqzQa.jpg

tTnovNj.jpg

The way up ends in a small tower – that has to be the place where Dajin stashed Mora.

Q7RtXME.jpg

m0WQljd.png
This door seems to lead no further than that tower there. We should take a look in there.

OKlt61R.png
It's the perfect place to keep something precious locked away from the outside world...

HNBbbiD.jpg

Taking the last steps to the tower, a swarm of harpies appears right on cue. Easy at this point but still annoying.

mvmVXGQ.jpg

WQIxz6c.jpg

The raised courtyard behind was mentioned by Trueleaf; this location will be of significance later.

IDZh9XF.jpg

At at any rate, at long last it’s time to meet Mora.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
Found more detailed information on the setting of the game - Kingdom of Kosch, County of Ferdok, Barony of Nadoret

7otjVdM.png

jf9W9x3.gif

tVrWpaV.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom