Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress ELEX

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Just like other Pirania games it wend downhill in the end with absolute trash finale.
:killit:
I'll buy that for a dollar
or 19.99potatoes

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
lolelex.jpg

:lol::lol::lol:

( gj RK47 )

Falksi

Arcane
Got to say, I'm only around 4 hours in but finding it very dull so far. The main protagonist's voice sends me to sleep by itself, but fuck me some of the dialogue is absolutely lifeless.

Could have done with the Luke Roberts from Risen 2 to add some character to it.

Hevnknekt

Educated
The most engaging thing about ELEX is Jax's emotional journey. How he struggles with experiencing human emotions for the first time, while suffering through the nerve wrecking effects of ELEX withdrawal. The writers did an exceptional job conveying all his fears and anxieties as he's coming to terms with what it means to be human. Top notch emotional drama, I've never cried so hard before.

Last edited:

PsychoFox

Educated
I'm so conflicted on this game. It didn't even come off as a "real" RPG to me with the fixed protagonist and all that, and it barely had any real reactivity or interesting quests for that matter, yet still i beat it and enjoyed my time with it. I've only played it once, joined the Brotherhood of Enclave Clerics and had good fun leveling and exploring. Yet i feel like i've missed out on what this game has to offer. Am i correct to think that or is the game just like that? Do you think i should give it another go? Why?

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Just started this, the dialogue is some of the worst I've ever seen. I guess it is a Germans trying to make a dude-bro game problem. Hoping the gameplay makes up for it.

coldcrow

Prophet
Patron
To be fair, the english translation is one of the worst I've ever seen. It is downright butchering sense and context of the german text.

Codex Year of the Donut
german version of the game is probably just the berserkers and all you do is tend to the crops all day, rest of the game was added to appeal to everyone else

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I gave up already it. It is the two things I hate the most about games right at the start, bad dialogue/story shit constantly forced down my throat, and a huge shitty town you are forced to get to know every inch of. I hate both these things and it is all there is at this point. I will try it again sometime when I haven't got the flu.

Chaosdwarft

Learned
Patron
I got a question for RK47 Should I abuse the game like it is shown in the Seth video review? I feel that would take away any enjoyment from the game. But at the same time I tried 2 times already to do it legit, and I feel like the game just shits on me. I know you are not suppose to be an ÜBERMENSCH from the start (that is what I like about the Gothic games).
Also I don't like to have companions (yeah I like being a on a solo adventurist). Any tips or recommendations? Cheers!

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
I got a question for RK47 Should I abuse the game like it is shown in the Seth video review? I feel that would take away any enjoyment from the game. But at the same time I tried 2 times already to do it legit, and I feel like the game just shits on me. I know you are not suppose to be an ÜBERMENSCH from the start (that is what I like about the Gothic games).
Also I don't like to have companions (yeah I like being a on a solo adventurist). Any tips or recommendations? Cheers!

It's not a great combat system.
By all means, if you can't take it - find what's fun and power through.
You don't owe anything to this game.
I bought outlaw grenades and just chucked them at everything. Those have no stat requirement to meet. And usable from level 1. All you need is cash to buy them.
It made me poorer but it lets me kill shit instead of running away over and over again.
Other option is to get high enough stat to meet the Plasma Gun requirement from Clerics.
Or just skip the Berzerker content and join the Clerics to unlock powerful spells.
TBH, the Berzerkers have nothing great to teach you. A lot of newcomers fell to the trap of thinking they should stick to the Berzerker area quests at start. Don't do that. Move on if you find it unfun.

Falksi

Arcane
Just started this, the dialogue is some of the worst I've ever seen. I guess it is a Germans trying to make a dude-bro game problem. Hoping the gameplay makes up for it.

Thought exactly the same. I seriously struggled to stay awake whilst playing it.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Do you know how to stop the camera getting slower in combat? What slides or what ini files to edit to make it faster / the same as the normal exploration camera? I forgot how terrible a feature this was.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom