Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
What is the modal ability for stilettos?

Quillon

Arcane
where they are standing in relative to each other and the environment they are in etc..

Dialogue interfaces in both IE-games and Pillars don't block this.

PoE's dialogue UI blocks some of the NPCs occasionally(along with the environment obviously). This is even more of a problem at lower resolutions(when I was playing it on laptop initially).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PSA: If you donated to our PoE2 Codex fundraiser and you're not logged in, please log in and check your PMs.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Penetration is absolutely devestating. I'm playing a shadowdancer. I'm only using weapons that raise penetration and lower deflection. The streetfighter combined with the shattered pillars seems to be doing very well.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Penetration is absolutely devestating. I'm playing a shadowdancer. I'm only using weapons that raise penetration and lower deflection. The streetfighter combined with the shattered pillars seems to be doing very well.

I´m trying a Streetfighter/ Devoted

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
What is the modal ability for stilettos?
EltpgHK.png

EImutAO.jpg

Lacrymas

Arcane
+100% Recovery time? The fuck? Is 2 Penetration that big of a number to warrant such an extreme Recovery penalty?

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
where they are standing in relative to each other and the environment they are in etc..

Dialogue interfaces in both IE-games and Pillars don't block this.
The HUD layout has been consistently retarded across the two games. Apparently we are talking about a UI designer who doesn't play the game, and hasn't played the IE games.

After the waste of empty space in Pillars' HUD, in Deadfire we have one finger width of empty space that appears underneath the dialogue UI when you start dialogue. How can someone be so incompetent as a designer as to waste that much screen space both under and above the UI, and not get any feedback, even from within the development team... I can't really imagine.

I do not know how many times I have said this on Obsidian's forum - the fucking combat/dialogue log needs to be, is logical to be, will help teach players the game rules if it is, by any law of reason or good layout design should be, in the fucking center bottom of the screen! The silly, ugly, useless, space-wasting buttons, replaceable by key shortcuts, can be safely placed in the bottom right. The complete waste of space that is the huge sundial has to be reduced in size, because it's a key that's virtually never clicked - everyone uses the space to pause, because combat is too fast for you to move the mouse and click the sundial.

It's not rocket science.

Last edited:

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
This must be why Poles and Serbs are putting out better RPGs than multi-culti californians.

Sadly, it's not very difficult to imagine it - "We may have put up an inferior product but I couldn't bear telling my colleague his work was sub-par and could be improved, it would have been too offensive". :hug:

Lacrymas

Arcane
They didn't tell him his work sucks, they told him it was too voluminous. Why that matters is anyone's guess, maybe they didn't want the other writers feeling inferior.

AwesomeButton

Patron
I don't get your irony. I've never been part of the Avellone-worshipping crowd.

Ah, I got it after reading Lacrymas' post.

Major_Blackhart

Codexia Lord Sodom
Patron
Ahh, you mean there was a lot of text that took novels worth of effort to go thru before the conclusion?
Isn't that was PST was all about?

AwesomeButton

Patron
They didn't tell him his work sucks, they told him it was too voluminous. Why that matters is anyone's guess, maybe they didn't want the other writers feeling inferior.
Avellone is white and he is a man, so that's different.

The only thing he's got going for himself is that he is getting fat, but maybe it wasn't fat enough at the time of PoE.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I just reported 2 bugs:

1) Making head gear invisible causes hair to disappear

2) Creating a custom save game dont work

:fuuyeah:

Ulfhednar

Savant
Finished it today - putting it away until they announce what direction they are headed with for talents in CC. Glad to see they are listening - it's got a ways to go before it's Pillars 3.0.

Edit: Has anyone looked at the Definitive edition for PoE?

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane

* we're going to try a global reduction in combat movement speed internally to see how that affects the feeling of combat. we may also experiment with a global increase to recovery times. unfortunately, lagufaeth are just really dang fast.

Why increase recovery times? Doesn't combat feel too fast cos of action(movement, animation) speed? If anything recovery times adds to the issue by balancing overall combat duration via inaction; if you take away recovery and add that time to animations/make all animations slower and even reduce damage for how long you want the fights to last, wouldn't same thing be achieved with much clearer combat?

Lacrymas

Arcane
Like I said, the combat needs less things happening in any given time-frame, not slowing down the animations.

Quillon

Arcane
Like I said, the combat needs less things happening in any given time-frame, not slowing down the animations.

I think f.i. shooting an arrow takes half a second and recovery time is 3 sec, making the animation take 2 sec to complete with nock, draw, loose etc with no recovery and maybe less damage, it should be a lot clearer.

DAO didn't have recovery times, did it? Combat was never confusing in that game tho animations were painfully slow, especially swinging a 2 handed wep.

Lacrymas

Arcane
You might say those slow animations were the recovery times. It can go either way, slow animations or long recovery times, but slow animations also means slow casting, which isn't that good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom