Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

Modron

Arcane
So you don't get keys anymore?
Pretty sure they stopped doing key giveaways for free games 2 or more years ago because of resellers and their bots.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
That's not entirely true. You can still get free keys, and you can still even give the keys away (I gave the Civ 3 key I got from the giveaway last month since I already had the game). You just need to have a Steam account to get the key and you can only get one key per account. I'm sure that's their steps to prevent resellers and bots, and I don't know how effective it is because I don't know if you can just keep making throaway Steam accounts to farm keys, but as an individual who wants one key for myself or for a friend if I already have the game I don't feel much of a difference from a free-for-all giveaway.

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
With IGN's acquisition of Humble Bundle, I saw a reason to unlink my Steam account from Humble Bundle a couple of weeks back.

As if on cue, you must now link a Steam account to your Humble Bundle account in order to get the game.

So no free game for me, but people might want to keep an eye out what other "services" Humble Bundle will revoke in the future.

Well, it's pretty much done the way Sceptic explained it. If you want the game, I still haven't redeemed my key, so you can have it.
It seems that either I can't send pms or can't find the dedicated button(which is somewhat embarrassing) so just suggest some way of getting the key to you.

Click on his username and then on 'Start a Conversation'.

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2
Is there a sale incoming or something? At least I can't find the weeklong deals, which is usually a sign of that.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
:shittydog:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...een-black-friday-and-winter-sale-dates-leaked

Steam Halloween, Black Friday and Winter sale dates leaked

Start and end dates for the Steam Halloween, Black Friday and Winter sales have been leaked on Reddit, and we've independently corroborated them as correct.

The remaining Steam sales in 2017 are:
  • Steam Halloween Sale: Thursday 26th October to Wednesday 1st November
  • Steam Black Friday Sale: Wednesday 22nd November to Tuesday 28th
  • Steam Winter Sale: Thursday 21st December to Thursday 4th January 2018
Remember, Steam no longer does flash sales so discounts last the duration. Also remember there will be rival sales at places like GOG during similar periods. Spend wisely.

Leaked per Russian tradition?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Another day at Steam.

Cornflakestein, shoot your milk to those damn Nazi flakes!:

ss_5956e4e79ae121ee9eb893d2fe01b693d0271394.600x338.jpg

ss_65a9b0f68e6905da69f638cfe2b7572d94a71d09.600x338.jpg

This Russian dev is sensible enough to support German language.

Welcome to Orochi Park, and hey you can romance Kelly from Mass Effect:

ss_30f1edd10975d150a6a1c27f44e7e06a8b54768c.600x338.jpg

ss_b03a2bc773ce0693df39d744fb8172dfc9f28f35.600x338.jpg

An interactive fiction adventure-strategy parody. Send agents on missions, build your base, research superweapons and buy units. Along the way, unlock occult mysteries. Plus romance Kelly from Mass Effect. You can play the demo for free. The full game releases 2019.

Key Features
  • A parody of Mass Effect and The Secret World
  • Deep adventure-strategy gameplay
  • Detailed interactive fiction
A Parody of Mass Effect and The Secret World
Romance Kelly from Mass Effect and BioWare's Favorite Redhead (definitely not the same person). Solve conspiracy-laden occult mysteries. Resist the urge to buy Conan Exiles.

Deep Adventure-Strategy Gameplay
Every turn, send agents to gather weapons and forge alliances. Set strategic priorities in the doomsday bunker in five locations - the War Room, the Armoury, the Barracks, the Library and the Black Market.

Detailed interactive fiction
Welcome to Orochi Park features detailed art and a compelling story that's fully voice acted. Hundreds of strategic choices lead to 20 color-coded endings. All slightly different.

Way of Defector, escape North Korea. No, this is not a joke game:

ss_b2704a8a7ff30d84aaf7b69b84a9ee24bdc594ed.600x338.jpg

Lives of real North Korean defectors

Do you see North Korea simply as an Axis of Evil or a country to make fun of? But the lives of real North Koreans are far from evil or comical.

Way of Defector is a board game through which you experience the process of a North Korean defector escaping to China and arriving in South Korea. You must overcome starvation and break through the surveillance of the Public Security Officers to find the broker who knows the way to get to South Korea and safely arrive at the destination.

Choose from various scenarios based on true stories to create your own defection story.

Game Features

• Scenario based on a true storyExperience the real life of a defector through a scenario written based on an actual memoir of a North Korean defector.
  • Your own story, not a predefined scenario
    Create your own escape story from North Korea through a changing scenario based on your own choices, instead of playing a game determined by a specified scenario.
  • North Korean defectors with diverse stories and abilities
    North Korean defectors escaped from North Korea due to various reasons. They possess abilities accumulated over their lifetime and must go to South Korea using these abilities.
  • Survival and growth of North Korean defectors
    Keep your character alive and escape by averting the surveillance of the Public Security Officers and hunger.

Don Peste

Arcane
The Russians have been releasing a bunch of Wolf3D clones in the past few months. It seems they're using this Raycasting Game Maker engine to quickly put up a game and upload it to the Store. Just like others use RPG Maker.

The Raycasting Game Maker is a free easy to use game editor that creates simple raycasting games in the style of Wolf3D. The finished game needs only two files to run, an executable and a pak file with the game data. The game runs in Windowed- or Fullscreen Mode and supports 16 and 32 bit color.
I don't know who the makers of RGM are, I'm just adding it to ModDB as I made a game using it.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I used to browse the new games section every now and again, but after they opened the floodgates it got worse and worse. Looking right now, it's literally 99% shovelware/asset flips/clones/cellphone trash/babies first coding experience.

Where does this crap come from?

Does the shovelware industry eclipses the actual video game industry utterly?
Or maybe I should rephrase that question to: "Does the low-budget shovelware industry eclipse the high-budget(AAA) shovelware industry?"

Somewhere in China or Siberia or Africa or wherever must be half a million weirdos busy churning out this crap ad nauseum. The volume is staggering.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Dead Space animu on Steam:

For a moment I thought EA is back on Steam. But there's also a bundle of animu and games. So that's that.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Super Seducer, "an FMV dating simulation with a huge twist. Equal parts entertainment and learning, this is the ultimate test of your real-world seduction skills."

Made by an actual "seduction training company."

ss_d57e666e70834fb3f797f97d5012934bfdde68ca.600x338.jpg

SpyParty, a vaporware competitive espionage game where one player is a spy pretending to be an NPC and other is a sniper who has to find and kill the spy.

ss_ea71ebb86fc525ced3eed8ebe7fb9ae60d5324a3.600x338.jpg

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Super Seducer, "an FMV dating simulation with a huge twist. Equal parts entertainment and learning, this is the ultimate test of your real-world seduction skills."

Made by an actual "seduction training company."

ss_d57e666e70834fb3f797f97d5012934bfdde68ca.600x338.jpg

SpyParty, a vaporware competitive espionage game where one player is a spy pretending to be an NPC and other is a sniper who has to find and kill the spy.

ss_ea71ebb86fc525ced3eed8ebe7fb9ae60d5324a3.600x338.jpg

A huge... twist. If you know what I mean.
:codexisforindividualswithgenderidentityissues:

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Let the games begin,the Autumn Steam Sale has just started

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom