Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
Just tried to multiclass Fighter/Ranger with Devoted and Sharpshooter out of curiosity. A trap build in POE ? Stay tuned.
Looks like they haven't implemented all restrictions yet, or maybe I got something wrong here, but not only was I able to get more proficiencies than 1 (alleged restriction of the devoted), but I could choose ranged weapons as well.
It does apply the malus if I wield anything but the bow or the sword though, so it's clearly not completely bugged.

My character has effectively 15pen with the war bow modal on and doesn't suffer any sort of penalty.
Can graze because fighter, crits all the time because sharpshooter, deals massive damage because devoted.
Are there other subclass restrictions that are bugged in multiclassing ?

edit: after a quick check, it doesn't have restriction outside of multiclassing as well, what's up with the devoted ?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

CptMace

Self-Ejected
626361deadwriter.png

The Watcher's powers have reached such a level, he can now ask his questions directly to the flow of souls surrounding him instead of having to talk with peasants.
Needless to say I'm barely surprised he actually rushes to say that latter part.

211964gibberish.png

help

Last edited:

jungl

Augur
that better companions mod is shit tho. Dex and perception scale really well late game. Tanky stats scale whatever. Paladin with 3dex and perception is useless, any character class is.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
He says they adding more spells per level to the spellcasting classes, they are looking at the lack of talents, looking at the lack of grazes and they are probably going to slow down the combat even more.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I had auto-slow on. The combat was incredibly unstructured and chaotic due to the way recovery worked and the base recovery times. Less things need to be happening in a given time-frame.

Mazisky

Magister
LeL, basically they are looking at all main complains, just a couple of days after beta release.

Those are good devs.

Quillon

Arcane
Why do you need to see the rest of the screen when you're in dialogue..?

Because its a video game and not a book. I'd like to see who's talking, where they are standing in relative to each other and the environment they are in etc. and now the world isn't paused in dialogue, even more reason not to block the view.

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Oh, about the UI:

"Noise"... How should I know what that means? All weapons are setted as quiet.

XBEvNjO.jpg

And how can I understand what I need to do if there is no indication of where I should click? I can not even read what's written.

xbWAyDn.jpg

Last edited:

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
where they are standing in relative to each other and the environment they are in etc..

Dialogue interfaces in both IE-games and Pillars don't block this.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom