Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is it fair to kick someone who COMPLETELY unbalances the matches every time?

Black

Arcane
Play rpgs, they're for scubs with no skill.

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Some people cheat. Tribes: Ascend was peppered with cheaters, and even now after it's dead, they're still raping its corpse (and each other). Speed hacks, hitbox hacks, energy hacks, and aimbots. Some of those cheats became almost mainstream and distributed in "must-have" packages as DLL injectors.

Unfortunately online it's hard to tell when someone is "gud", or when they are hitting you because they saw you through the wall.

The only effective solution to cheaters is to have gameplay mechanics so varied and deep, that a person with an exploit can be made irrelevant by a couple of people set to make their life miserable. Quake Wars was like this. Someone got an aimbot? No problem. There are many ways you can get at them and have your own fun sabotaging their attempts to get cheap kills.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Is it red orchestra 2?
Not nearly dead and broken enough.

What game?
I wasn't gonna say, but Max Payne 3. Not a balanced multiplayer game, but it has stuff I can't get from any other shooter.

We're cool now.

This is where I made an ass of myself:

Received some comments similar to the ones here.

Ran into him again today, apologized and had two matches with him. This is one:

Lost 32 to 3.

razvedchiki

Erudite
What you mean broken?
Player base was always small,800-1000 players peak times,but it doesn't matter all you need is enough people to fill a 64 man server.

Ezekiel

Arcane
What you mean broken?
Player base was always small,800-1000 players peak times,but it doesn't matter all you need is enough people to fill a 64 man server.
I mean it's not nearly dead and broken enough compared to MP3. I've barely played RO2. Steam says 47 minutes total.

Cael

Arcane
Shouldn't the kick-no kick depend on the guy's behaviour? If he is a douchebag, kick him so hard and fast he'll get an asphalt tattoo. If he is an OK guy, you may make another friend.

Norfleet

Unfortunately online it's hard to tell when someone is "gud", or when they are hitting you because they saw you through the wall.
Seeing people through walls is actually realistic and I wallhack in real life, too. My enemies don't get to complain about it, though, because when they don't get to chat while dead or respawn. Humans emit electromagnetic waves in other frequencies other than the visible frequencies, which are not blocked by standard walls, and with practice, you can learn to sense these frequencies. You ever get that sense of being SO ALONE when you're in bumfuck nowhere with absolutely nobody? That's what you're feeling: The absence of those frequencies. With practice, you can learn to localize that sensation and punch people in the face blindfolded like a kung-fu monk. Or, if you're not a kung-fu monk, shoot them through walls.

But back to the subject. I've been that guy before. But most people are scrubs and when I start trying to explain the page of equations I've mastered to completely suck the fun out of the game and replace it with 100% pure distilled WINNING, they just go "AAAH! MATH!" and run away. Keep gittin' gud until the game stops being fun. Remember, if you're still having fun, you're DOING IT WRONG. FUN IS A FILTHY PARASITE.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Seeing people through walls is actually realistic and I wallhack in real life, too. My enemies don't get to complain about it, though, because when they don't get to chat while dead or respawn. Humans emit electromagnetic waves in other frequencies other than the visible frequencies, which are not blocked by standard walls, and with practice, you can learn to sense these frequencies. You ever get that sense of being SO ALONE when you're in bumfuck nowhere with absolutely nobody? That's what you're feeling: The absence of those frequencies. With practice, you can learn to localize that sensation and punch people in the face blindfolded like a kung-fu monk. Or, if you're not a kung-fu monk, shoot them through walls.
:what:

WTF am I reading

Ezekiel

Arcane
Max Payne 3 multiplayer is garbage, that's your problem
The multiplayer would have been better if it had released before Call of Duty 4. Before that game had such an affect on the industry. But no, that's not my problem. The guy gave me some advice, which helped a lot when I dual-wielded again today. I killed him four times in a free for all, while he killed me five times. His advice was stuff I knew but didn't put into practice enough. The multiplayer is alright. GTA Online is bad. You wouldn't understand or care, though, which is why I was hesitant to even answer what game it is.

Ezekiel

Arcane
Once again sullynathan uses the rating system instead of speaking to me directly. I forgot he's a GTA apologist.

Ezekiel

Arcane
He uses the best gear and has far faster aim and reaction speed.
Don't play modern pay/grind to win garbage and half of the problem will solve itself.
Some of the best weapons are available from the start, though. I played with the guy again yesterday and he still kicked my ass with my own weapons that he picked up. Body armor is kind of cheap, but it barely reduces damage at all and weighs you down. The sawn off, unlocked at level 40, is ridiculously overpowered in Soft Lock matches, but I hate playing Soft Lock anyway and stay away whenever I can. I would complain about the grenade/rocket launchers, but most are easy to evade and occasionally they make for some awesome shoot dodges.

I like good third person shooters. I can't really get that from old PC games. I can barely get it from new games. Well, there are the old Max Payne games, but the problem eventually becomes the predictable AI. With few exceptions, all AIs do is hold positions. They're not creative and they don't have good defensive tactics.

I just got kicked by some regulars/high levels again, for winning by wide margins three times in a row. It felt good.

Last edited:

sullynathan

Arcane
I've got the answer right here zeke

yVhIe21.gif

Today I had a match in Destiny 2 where our team lost 40-1 in a 3x3. I recognized one of the opponents, he played in my team earlier and got more kills than everyone else combined. I got the one kill. :lol:

(one guy ragequit when it got to 12-1, we tried a little longer. Then we looked at each other and just spammed dance emotes until the match ended)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom