Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Thief fan missions and campaigns

Random_Taffer

Educated
Here is a link to his comment about sex with his girlfriend:
http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=146390&p=2312360&viewfull=1#post2312360

Here's a screenshot in case he edits it:

lsXrSuj.png

Here is him commenting on a youtube video about a lesbian coming out:

https://youtu.be/BRhGeon08kM

Screenshot of comment:

bJsNd67.png

Here is his interview with Athelle in which he talks about being so obsessed with women that they call the cops on him:

https://youtu.be/mEPr06Lem7k?t=4m23s

Do you really think this was once a woman?

Last edited:

Renault

Novice
OK, easy guys, I just asked. Count me as convinced. Come to think of it, I have seen pictures of him posted on TTLG, and from what i remember he just looked like a normal guy.

It is bizarre too how he is so offended by being called "dude." I've never heard of that being an insult anywhere.

cowking

Scholar
Are there any other fms besides "the summit" which disable saving?

And before you say it, playing without saving and designed to be played without saving are not the same.

fortuni

Literate
I can only go by what I have been told, I also remember seeing a couple of posts by him over at TTLG in which he announced his FTM position, but I so can't be bothered trawling through every post he has ever made to dig them out. I would certainly not have made the above post unless he had posted on TTLG about his FTM situation previously

If it is true and FTM Life is as autobiographical as I believe it to be, it would explain much of his reaction to some of the criticisms of his missions, albeit a serious over reaction.

If it is a lie, then I really don't know what to think. I always considered his constant referrals to sleeping with women as some form of self approval for his individual situation.

Either way if you are going to release a mission you should be prepared to accept criticism from others, and if you do include semi-autobiographical content in the your missions your always going to leave yourself wide open for a very much greater degree of hurt when that criticism is offered. He's put himself in this position and has only got himself to blame. Hopefully he'll be back, but I suspect he will be as sentitive to criticisms of his missions as before, the same situation of over reaction happened when he released 'Time for Culture', so my original point of being wary of Pedro's feelings still stands. Watching the thread on FTM Life unravel into a self beating up exercise was a really uncomfortable experience and if Pedro can't help himself reacting , the least I can do is ask others to be careful of pushing his buttons.

Unwanted

nodar

Unwanted
Shitposter
Remarkable, you idiots are using someone's forum posts to prove whether he is or isn't something... Internet circa '97, where everyone is a FBI agent because they say so.

Consider that his mission follow his personal theme, and consider amount of effort that went into them. Would anyone do such a thing to trick a small group of randoms strangers, strangers that aren't likely to be sympathetic to something like that in the first place?
Try to use you wee heads and show some sympathy for someone who is going trough something that we blessedly cannot even imagine what it must feel like.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Consider that his mission follow his personal theme, and consider amount of effort that went into them. Would anyone do such a thing to trick a small group of randoms strangers, strangers that aren't likely to be sympathetic to something like that in the first place?

This is the internet, the answer to that question is a resounding YES.

Paging Roguey as an expert witness.

Icewater

Artisanal Shitposting™
Patron
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2
Remarkable, you idiots are using someone's forum posts to prove whether he is or isn't something... Internet circa '97, where everyone is a FBI agent because they say so.

Try to use you wee heads and show some sympathy for someone who is going trough something that we blessedly cannot even imagine what it must feel like.
You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
:what: :decline: of taffers

This is the internet, the answer to that question is a resounding YES.

Paging Roguey as an expert witness.

Recently there was a bit of a row because some tumblrkin was outed as only pretending to be a hiv-positive gay man so she could write some weird HIV-themed Hamilton alternate universe fan-fic without other tumblrkins saying she had no right to do so.

Random_Taffer

Educated
Oh God you're right! How could I have been so wrong? This is clearly a girl and not a boy:
vLaZXhD.png

After all, people never tell lies to get attention on the internet. Or to claim victim status. How very insane would that be?!?!

Unwanted

nodar

Unwanted
Shitposter

Spending years by maintaining your narrative while creating incredibly-detailed maps, something that is time-consuming af, that also fit into that narrative, and all that for a very limited audience...
Wee bit different from simply writing a couple of posts claiming how you're trans.

So yeah, in absence of extraordinary proofs against his claims, I am tempted to believe him.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Spending years by maintaining your narrative while creating incredibly-detailed maps, something that is time-consuming af, that also fit into that narrative, and all that for a very limited audience...
Wee bit different from simply writing a couple of posts claiming how you're trans.

So yeah, in absence of extraordinary proofs against his claims, I am tempted to believe him.

Guess it's out then. We can no longer hide the truth.

Every author of Thief FMs is in truth a thief IRL and just wants to express their identity through the maps they build. Please be so curteous as to not send the police after us. Thanks.

Unwanted

nodar

Unwanted
Shitposter
Oh God you're right! How could I have been so wrong? This is clearly a girl and not a boy:
vLaZXhD.png

After all, people never tell lies to get attention on the internet. Or to claim victim status. How very insane would that be?!?!
Because someone from his part of the world would flaunt their transexuality on their public FB page, right... And because it is impossible to dig up old photo of one's friend or something, and present it as your own.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
vLaZXhD.png

Because someone from his part of the world would flaunt their transexuality on their public FB page, right... And because it is impossible to dig up old photo of one's friend or something, and present it as your own.
Sup Drog

fortuni

Literate
Well, well, well..curious and curiouser

Personnally I think the pic on the right hand side is the better looking one. ;)

Boy, girl or something entirely different. It doesn't really matter to me, but I do feel embarressed, even hurt that I have been defending Pedro's angry outbursts to the mods at TTLG for some time now under the mistaken belief that he had issues that were genuinely understandable, if you looked at them from his world view. Why would someone say and do as he has? No need to answer that question, it is only meant to be rhetorical.

I only have one question. If Cardia was to join this forum, what would his gender icon look like?

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
The gender icon is identical for everyone.

The ones that complain about it the most are the 'otherkin' that feel that they're being denied the opportunity to show how special they are.

DrKubiac

Educated
Why did you think he was post-op FtM ? Did you believe his random post on ttlg ? Did you have a discussion with him about this matter, through pms or something ? Genuinely curious about it.

I don't really know him, I always thought he was a bit weird at times, but I thought it was due to the language barrier and his poor english. However for the past 2 years or so, I noticed he got weirder and weirder on the forums, and his recent behavior does remind me Ironeagle a lot. I expect a violent metldown at any point now.

I can understand he would feel frustrated at the mixed reception of his fm, but he has no excuse. Despite his years of experience, his texture work is lazy. I didn't play the mission yet, but looking at the ressources alone is telling.
There are massive FPS drops and technical difficulties which he doesn't want to address.
The topic in itself is rather sensitive, it would require at least some great writing skill and maturity to make something out of it, forget graphics and gameplay at least try to write something good to eventually kickstart a discussion around it. But it's terrible on so many points...

When you think about it, his character is a person who wishes to transition, and in order to do so she decides to rob everything out of a poor neighbourhood of Porto. He tries to create empathy towards a family with a kid who has down syndrome, and yet he calls the readable MONGOLOID.str. Most of the readables are negative for no reason, in one of them he openly insult gypsies. What a way to sell the idea!

And when people dare say they disliked it, or try to give him constructive criticism, he doesn't want to listen and goes mental. He can only blame himself.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom