Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - set in Nazi occupied America

Strap Yourselves In Codex+ Now Streaming!
It's Sexploitation movie, it's not serious. The 70's were full of that exploitation stuff and this is where Wolfenstein II draws its inspiration from.
Taking the whole thing seriously is just autism.

Also, my nipples look the same when they are not "errect" from cold or stimulation. Maybe with less fat around them.

Naveen

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
No, it's not a parody, it's a Shrödinger parody: it's a serious work of wokening if people praise it, but just a goofy parody if people laugh at how bad it is.

Unwanted

nodar

Unwanted
Shitposter
Try to convince any serious film critic/historian that exploitation cinema is devoid of any sort of social/political meaning and messages, especially within the context of their time...
Good job showing your ignorance

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
It's Sexploitation movie, it's not serious. The 70's were full of that exploitation stuff and this is where Wolfenstein II draws its inspiration from.
Taking the whole thing seriously is just autism.

Also, my nipples look the same when they are not "errect" from cold or stimulation. Maybe with less fat around them.
If i decide to make a nazi game where the last super nazi is awaken on the moon from his long cryo sleep. And decide to destroy the today's political order and purge all the minorities from the face of the earth. Will it be taken seriously by all the lefties,or will it be just another parody?

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
The exploitation defense is pretty lulzy given what happened to Dirty Chinese Restaurant. It also casually sidesteps Hines' transparent marketing strategy:

...and everything else I outlined here, which I will link to every time Mynon Nodar defends Bethesda games.
steamspy said:
Owners: 209,278 ± 13,858
giphy.gif

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ain't nothing satirical about domestic abuse, being forced to shoot your own dog, concerns about your imminent death, and some of the background NPC conversations (SMILE, MAX!), especially not when compared to the tone of TNO which has shifted since TNC. And then there are some other things which obviously (I think) are satire. Problem is that you can't really do both at the same time, which is usually a sign that you have no idea what it is you are actually going for. You can't expect me to enjoy gory ultraviolence in one scene and be appalled by it in the next. I don't think many people used the 'muh satire' argument for TNO to begin with, which shows the level of competence involved for the writing of TNC where people aren't entirely sure whether your stuff is a joke or not.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
It's satire guys, stop taking it so seriously you Trump supporting MRA Nazi white male shitlords!

I remember when people used that excuse to justify Tarantino's vomit since Kill Bill.

I'll make it simple here. First, Wolfenstein II's writing doesn't classify as "exploitation" humor. The style, the tone, none of it is there. Second, even if it did that still wouldn't stop it for being total shit. And third, the exploitation genre in itself is a bunch of retarded, deranged shit, among the worst cancers that the 70s gave us (and the 70s gave us a lot of cancer).

Last edited:

kalganoat

Savant
I don't thnk letting a pregnant woman go on missions is a good idea. I feel like she's just there for that cringe scene.

Ain't everybody there for a cringe scene?
And I bet bloom uses his boring almost monotonous uber gravely dead serious voice, while he can be quite fun (Varric, TOB) or Actually serious (Infinite Warfare), or a fine(r) line between (The Darkness 2)

Unwanted

nodar

Unwanted
Shitposter
Ain't nothing satirical about domestic abuse, being forced to shoot your own dog, concerns about your imminent death, and some of the background NPC conversations (SMILE, MAX!), especially not when compared to the tone of TNO which has shifted since TNC. And then there are some other things which obviously (I think) are satire. Problem is that you can't really do both at the same time, which is usually a sign that you have no idea what it is you are actually going for. You can't expect me to enjoy gory ultraviolence in one scene and be appalled by it in the next. I don't think many people used the 'muh satire' argument for TNO to begin with, which shows the level of competence involved for the writing of TNC where people aren't entirely sure whether your stuff is a joke or not.
Tonal inconsistencies, like going from toilet humor in one scene to pathos or explicit violence in the next one, also happen to be one of hallmarks of exploitation cinema...

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Tonal inconsistencies, like going from toilet humor in one scene to pathos or explicit violence in the next one, also happen to be one of hallmarks of exploitation cinema...
Who gives a shit about what it was trying to do rather than what it actually did? The only thing being exploited here is my time and my bandwidth.

Ash

Arcane
AYE LMAO!

NPD: Loot Boxes Top Charts While Punching Nazis Flounders

The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein charted at number 13 and 14 respectively.
Even more skinner box-ish AC clone (and actual AC sequel) sell well while old school SP FPS and old school survival horror bomb. Such great news for gaming at large...

Wolfenstien TNC is not old school. Don't be a cuck.

Ubisoft and their shitty Assassins Creed really just shouldn't exist though, skinner box or no. So much damage has been done.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Only fps that comes close to old school is shadow warrior and a few indi games/mods. All the rest is a shit pretending to be old school.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom