Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

TheHeroOfTime

Arcane
DOsY3qhW0AAjy8l.jpg:large

Perkel

Arcane
Games before looked better and run better because:

a) Tools were really hard to use which meant that amateurs couldn't make games. Games like first mario required fucking wizadry just to display mario himself as he was constructed not from one sprite but several different parts that all had to work on condition that you can't use more than x amount of colors per xx bits of data.

b) Now most of new engines like Unity/Unreal/Cryengine/Lumbyard are made with real time rendering in mind. Which means that instead of baking shadow into texture you are expected to render shadow on fly. While it is still possible to use baking engine you are missing the point of new engine and you can as well just go back to previous versions.

c) Games are more and more complex technologically (that does not mean gameplay wise). Past games were made in logic that anything on screen seen by player exist and anything that isn't in FOV doesn't exist. This means that everything you do would vanish when you moved away from place.

d) move to PBR lighting method. In past games you just painted texture and that was it. Then came Carmack and he gave us shaders with his bumbmaping playing key role in that era. Now with PBR you have like 10+ differnt layers for each texture. Which means that in engine that is geared toward receiving those complicated textures amateurs will be using old texturing methods like baking shadow into texture which simply looks awful in PBR engines.

-0-----------------------------------------------------------
-0-----------------------------------------------------------

Dawkinsfan69

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard

OMFG this vid lmao. I literally couldn't stop laughing.

When I was a kid my dad had some online nascar game and he bought a usb turning wheel and all the accessories. When he was working I'd log onto the game and join random servers, drive around the track backwards and ram straight into people. They'd all yell at me and I got his account banned from nearly every server

Think imma buy forza 7 now just to ram people

Perkel

Arcane
Looks like every online racing game I tried.

Things have changed with Iracing and Gran Turismo Sport. I bought 2 days ago GT Sport and honestly i am amazed how good online racing is in that game.

Races are sheduled every 20-30 minutes so you can't just quit race because you either way will need to wait half hour for next race.
Before you even start race there is period of free practice then 10 minutes before race there is qualifying session where you fight for starting spot.
Finally there is a race where almost everyone actually respects other people around and you hardly see people dicking around.

Not my race but you can see how it is different from almost any other racing game. This guy recorded few races straight and you can see that every time race is fucking crazy good:

GT Sport Single player is probably shittiest shit i have ever seen but multiplayer races are godlike.

On other hand there is championship mode. Which mean that you can only take one race a day in specific class at choosen hour. So you can be a dick but you are playing with fire here if you get huge penalty or just straight up go sideways.

Last edited:

Perkel

Arcane
judging where most of DLC for fallout went and general trend of gaming is going Next Scrolls will be more about building your base and some sandbox gameplay than something like skyrim.

As much as i hate betsheda output since morrowind going into sandbox area for fallout and scrolls would be much better than letting them do roleplaying game with shitty writing and shitty quests.

I spend shitload of time playing forts mod for FNV and did spend a lot of time doing exact same thing in Fallout4 (which betsheda shamelesly copied from mod to FNV) which is one of reasons why unlike F3 i actually don't hate it as much despite story and quest being even worse than Fallout 3 and i had actual fun playing it (just not as RPG game though).

It would be weird if next Besheda RPGs would be all about sandbox and giving players choice. It would be such a weird thing to not hate them so much lol.

Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Quick and nice episode, although James seens to be a little bored with his internet persona.

The best Robocop games are both original arcade games made by Data East. Commodore 64 version, while being unfinished mess has still the most awesome soundtrack.

28420009e31665cb62c99d278fe6dfd0.jpg

robocop.jpg

Santander02

Arcane
FUCK YEAH!!!!!!

Belgium pushes to ban loot boxes in Europe

Belgium’s Gaming Commission has determined that loot boxes in gaming are gambling, according to a report from the news website VTM (first reported by PC Gamer). And the country’s minister of justice Koen Geens says he will try to ban the process of blind, randomized loot boxes completely. This comes after Electronic Arts courted headlines that it was bringing gambling to children in its Star Wars: Battlefront II shooter that launched last week.

It is not often anyone ever gets to say this, but, Thank you Belgium :salute:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom