Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
It means you got gud. :lol:
I mean, just work on whichever you think is best.
Some like the raw, easy but expensive damage hand grenade provide and buy 50 grenades upon arriving in Tavar.
Some prefer the slightly cheaper knockdown plasma and work on upgrading it and increasing their INT/DEX
Some like a struggle, chipping at monsters health in 1 v 1 duels, building up STR and DEX etc.
Some guy ran from Edan to Adessa and joined the Cleric at lvl 6, then spams PSI for 10 levels.

They all have varying levels of difficulty.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
also more laffs at translato :shittydog:

The alb flying machine that in inglese is called "raider"? In germano it's just "glider".

The playa_stronkhold that in inglese is for some reason called "origin"? In germano it's just "the middle camp".

i pity all you fools so hard :shittydog:

Shadenuat

Arcane
I think there are also not one (cyclops) but actually two quests, both in Tavar, that make southwest mistake.

I think someone from translation team cooopyyy paaaaaasteeeeeed.

And maaaaybe even used machine translation, at some places, and then editing just fucked it futher up.

Arcania Gothic 4 was not developed by PB. big Deal. Thier Ip's corpse after G3 got moiunted and raped and they were forced to do Risen. Such a cuck German dev.

Now pretend as if Gothic 3 and Risen 2 are masterpieces of incline by PB

Edit: Is it too much to ask something in the vein of Gothic 2 from PB? apparently, it is.

Elex

Arbiter
Yeah, getting into domed city was retarded. I was expecting a Gothic 2 town entrance kind of quests but we got only a lousy quest.
At least we can jet pack to the sewers if you know where the entrances are.
when you try to enter the upper castle of domed city a npc dialogue joke about gothic 1/2 “enter inside the castle”

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Arcania Gothic 4 was not developed by PB. big Deal.

Sounds like a big deal to me. Just because Gothic 3 hurt your fragile feelings you find that it's somehow justified to heap blame on PB over something they had no control over. Gothic 3 may have not been the best shit ever, but it certainly wasn't as crappy as Arcania (which isn't Gothic 4 anymore btw, they dropped the title when PB got the rights back to the Gothic series).

Renevent

Cipher
How many of you are finished with the game yet? I'm about 35 hours in and think I am pretty close to finishing it. Made top rank for Clerics, completed most of the side quests (that I cared about at least), have 2 converters left to power down, met my ice daddy, and did the big assault mission as well.

As far as my character goes I finally chose on a build which was using PSI for groups and went ranged for more single target damage. Using the Redeemer unique plasma rifle (100 dmg) and it's pretty freaking sick. I can take out a Cyclops in like 10-15 shots. Love PB games but it's crazy how fast you go from "can't kill a turkey" to "destroyer of entire armies" lol. I don't mean how long it takes to get to that point, what I mean is the window in which that change takes place, there's no gradual build up and as soon as I got blackhole nothing could mess with me.

Murk

Arcane
I said much earlier, but if you want to know whether or not you should play Elex, then answer yourself this question "Do you think Gothic 3 would have been good if it wasn't a rushed incomplete mess?" and that basically gives you your answer. The game is closest to it, in scope scale and style -- to how little C&C and interconnectivity between quests/plots there are. The trade off is immensely more freedom and exploration with lots of no explanation places that tell their own little story through what you see and do.

This game never once gave me G1/2 or R1 vibes, those three games are much more focused, compact, and dense in their content. Elex is definitely G3 done "right". I only hope now that they refined this particular formula, they can integrate the two to give us a game with greater scope but the same quality and density of content as G2.

One can dream /single tear

Tigranes

Arcane
The thing is, if they make Elex 2, I think it's much more probable that they work off this G3 formula as a baseline rather than go for the kind of density of content & sparsity of resources you see in G1/2/R1. I would expect Elex 2 at best to be an improved E1 featuring, say, better balanced character skills/attributes, and making better use of the many different kinds of factions and weapons they've already put into the game, and so on.

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
i'll ask again whether this game is "good" but i'm gonna phrase it thusly:

i currently have 52 gigs of free HDD space and 20-25 of those are reserved... is ELEX worth using up my other gigs of free space?

I think you should wait up until another major update for PC is released. Elex is certainly playable, but there are things that needs fixin'. Like hostile major factions charging u a fine for killing a member or inconsistent reactivity.

I've only finished the game once several days ago, only 60 hours and rushed endgame; thus my appreciation is a bit shallow and not entirely accurate. In a nutshell, Is perhaps one of the most ambitious PB game so far, besides Gothic 3 (but better), but that also means It has the inherent problems when you aren't used to bite more than you can chew. It has a bigger scope, worldmap and handles the featured conflict at a greater scale than any other gothic game. But given its size not everything is consistently good. Let's see:

- Exploration is not always rewarding.

U see, world map is huge, and bioma offers a great deal of variety across region and landscape really looks different given a certain time of the day. Plus it's amusing to fly around with jetpack, since opens up a wide range of possibilities and streamline the mandatory early PB stage where you have to run away like a bitch from everything that smells remotely like danger.
But since there's so much stuff you'll not always find something worth the time or resources u spent after thoroughly exploring ruins/ wreckages/ monster's dens etc. Sometimes u will find something awesome or at least useful, but often you'll stumble across with nothing but crap alongside kinda uninteresting exposure in form of audio records from ppl during the time happened soon after meteor impact, aka The old world. Also, Ignadon and Xacor regions are kinda meh, despite being crowded with the strongest game's mobs ..

- Combat mechanics have decent ideas, but is overall inferior to Risen 1.

You can only backstep in order to dodge without rolling. You can't unlock further combos. No weapon specialization but perks that give flat increase of damage. There are exploits like the insta knockdown cheese with flamethrower, black hole psi spell, grenades and explosive plasma projectile. But you have a neat combo meter that increases damage if you properly build up and keep the melee combo momentum and u can use jetpack offensively like flyin' and shooting at same and an unlockable fallin' attack.

- Inconsistency in some Quests.

There are quests that have great outcomes and coherent reactivity. But there are some whose outcome doesn't make sense fot what the NPC is tellin' you. Perhaps bad translation has part of the blame there. The other is, well, they felt kinda unfinished and/or rushed.

Last edited:

Zerth

Arbiter
About time you decided to progress further main quest. U are going to regret it tho.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Shut up and bring me MORE RAIDER PARTS

all while learning about your tragic past.

ORION

hey kallax led me into a trap wtf old man

o maybe i had bad information i thought it was reliable

and who gave you dis information

kallax

jackie-chan.jpg

Tigranes

Arcane
Look its not his fault, Kallax clearly done a Miltiades on him and you are just the bystander

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Hurry up and finish. I've been edging for weeks and need your reaction to the shitty ending to climax.

Zerth

Arbiter
Nasty romance is better. It's like a battle who's more an autist.
Nasty: WHAT U REALLY WANT? CIS PIGS ONLY WANT ME TO REACH MY BROTHER AND AS FUCK TROPHY.
Jax: I need u as an ally for the upcoming battle agains the hybrid and save magalan.
Nasty: WHAT U REALLY WANT.
Jax: Fuck it everything I WANT UR ASS.
Nasty: I WANT TO FUCK NOW!

Unfortunately, choosing to that dialogue option understandably cockblocks Caja from any romance opportunity. So I don't know How It went with her. How's it?

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
all i can say is

thank god for my 2k lazer ammo

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom