Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pillars of Eternity II Fig Update #42: Backer Beta Released, Q&A Stream #7

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Aarik Dorobiala; J.E. Sawyer; Katrina Garsten; Obsidian Entertainment; Pillars of Eternity; Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire; Pillars of Eternity: The White March

Josh Sawyer did his Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Q&A stream last night, at the end of which he announced that the game's backer beta would be released tomorrow - that is, today. Obsidian issued keys to eligible backers a few hours ago and formally announced the release in a new Fig update shortly afterwards. Here's the update's accompanying video, featuring Josh Sawyer and Katrina Garsten, plus a special video Josh put together for today's simultaneous release of the Pillars of Eternity: Definitive Edition (now available on Steam and GOG, and don't forget to grab the free Deadfire Pack DLC).

Naturally, yesterday's Q&A session included many interesting questions about the beta. The following gameplay stream by Twitch personality Ellohime ended up lasting over eight hours (including two hours spent entirely in character creation). Once again, a transcript of the Q&A has been prepared by the indispensable Fereed from Reddit. Here are the archived videos of both streams:

Our users who are playing the Deadfire beta have mostly good things to report. It's in much better shape than the first game's beta was. Although Obsidian seem to be longer committing to a release in March, perhaps the final game isn't far off. More information about the beta is available here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kem0sabe

Arcane
That desktop background in the 2nd video :prosper:

6b5.jpg

Shin

Cipher
Any indication that they changed up the stat system/xp system/lore dumps? I never took an interest in PoE2's development since I still got to try and fully play through PoE once again with all the ultimate definitive editions and such.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Our users who are playing the Deadfire beta have mostly good things to report.
Yeah? Probably because only mad fanboys funded it after the poe1 fiasco.

That's an insult both to PoE and to the Codex userbase, which has dutifully found plenty to complain about since I wrote this post

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom