Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sizzle

Arcane
Are there any spells/talents, etc that non-beta folks want to see?

Skaen Priest :bounce: I just want to know if they get Sneak Attack again.

I've watched a bit of that guy's stream (only the part about the subclasses), and - yeah, the Skaen Priest has Apprentice Sneak Attack again :D

Mazisky

Magister
Damn, the beta is gettin fun but i have huge performance drops in every area (expecially the village).

Only one wilderness area is perfectly smooth.

I hope they will optimize

Ulfhednar

Savant
Went with a Fighter (Devoted) / Cipher (Soul Blade) - man is multiclassing fun in this game. I specced him for frontline defense and with just 12 Might he his hitting like a truck! Has anyone else tried a Devoted multi? The game let me pick three weapon proficiencies, and unless I misunderstood, I should only have one.

Also crazy stuff with the autopause - I checked the box for pause after long spells, and now the game is pausing before everyone's attacks.

Still plays very well, nicely done!

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't know if anyone cares, but there might be a few screens here and there. I just want to try it out, but at the same time, someone is probably interested in this stuff.
D46B46235D7101999C5F32DA6405C6A9DDF87D40

5FFE3DC172D71EE3341B6D30A5A08E66C07EA20E

7766F7B95C33D1A07608C78B9EB2E55C9E0F7656

946E8C94EBDFCE704B40E93B8D5A6DDF5B0BBE09

badler

Obsidian Entertainment
Developer
There are noticeably more checks (and a greater variety of them) in Deadfire than PoE1. I played about 60 - 70% of a playthrough a month ago and it was something that stuck out to me.

Was slow mode removed on purpose or is it a bug?

I just spoke with Josh and he mentioned that removal of slow mode was intentional. The intentions are to slow the pace of "normal" speed combat down to something closer to the old slow mode. If you feel this isn't happening, then that should be reported as feedback.

Sentinel

Arcane
graphics are still YES/NO slider
sad! Does it still only change AA level/methods?
that HUD layout is nice, but I thought you could drag & drop each individual element
also great to see auto pause for long casts only option

edit: what's combat time/auto-slow?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
My old friend is back. It wouldn't be a Pillars of Eternity beta without him.
B2C40C42DEA31F9C7CF2A27DC7949565D119D4FA

badler

Obsidian Entertainment
Developer
My old friend is back. It wouldn't be a Pillars of Eternity beta without him.

In case you're curious as to why this happens, it has to do with the culling of content from the Backer Beta. If strings don't get properly marked in the database for BB inclusion, they are excised in the BB build process. This causes missing strings. New strings typically have this problem because people forget to mark them.

Nihiliste

Arcane
Patron
Waiting for some parts to upgrade my broken gaming PC at the moment, but looking forward to trying this.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Good to see more skills in the game. I knew of some of them, but not all.
DD0E3F7E95E2200A81271C1AD366DFBC92F48A3B

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
I guess I won't be playing much, today.. I'll level up my characters and then post clearer pics of orlan and god-like.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Good to see more skills in the game. I knew of some of them, but not all.
DD0E3F7E95E2200A81271C1AD366DFBC92F48A3B

For people with the beta: what does the button with the head in the frame in the corner of the level-up/character creation screen do?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom