Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

Ziem

Arbiter
20 per point

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
So how much stamina does stamina skill give you?

IIRC enough to add 1 blow to your combo.

Personally I prefer to just brew 6 stamina elixirs, but stamina skill I at the start is muy bueno, particularly since you'll want that con30 for a few other things i think.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Yep. Just like 1 (one) Endurance potion. :shittydog:

Yep. But chances are you will be halfway trough the game before you learn the recipe. And it might take you a while to actually gather the ingredients to brew several of them (when that initial +20 will become kinda obsolete). Meanwhile that 20 extra is accessible almost from the start and stacks....

Shadenuat

Arcane
Can't hear the CUN hate behind my army of fear turkeys

J2VAArc.png

It all began with the troll... then just sorta escalated from there

BnyFG7T.png

ELEX Squad Tactics. If only it was also Turn Based and had music from Final Fantasy.

(no, robot had no chance against the Fear Turkey, nobody does)

hilfazer

Scholar
I've seen a number of people saying DOT from flamethrower is ignoring armor. But i haven't seen anyone adding that this DOT is reduced by fire resist. I could reduce fire DOT to 0 by stacking 100 fire resist. There are other damage types reduced by their respective resistances.
BTW instant damage from flamethrower is reduced by armor. Same with instant damage from colossi lasers.

Two unique shields i found can't block ranged attacks. LOL.

Shadenuat

Arcane
GX07TUo.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Apparently if I overlevel the creature, it becomes docile regardless of it's type unless it's a mutant, I think. Or maybe that type counts as animal. I am not sure.

I mean, the whole fauna of Magalan are mutants. So why is deathclaw in same category as fear turkey ...mystary.

T. Reich

Arcane
I've seen a number of people saying DOT from flamethrower is ignoring armor. But i haven't seen anyone adding that this DOT is reduced by fire resist. I could reduce fire DOT to 0 by stacking 100 fire resist. There are other damage types reduced by their respective resistances.
BTW instant damage from flamethrower is reduced by armor. Same with instant damage from colossi lasers.

All of this shit doesn't matter squat, because:
1) flamer fireballs apply guaranteed AoE stun/knockdown on any enemy in the game.
2) very few mobs have even decent fire resistance.

Zerth

Arbiter
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

And you can't tell whethet she took the damn medicine or not cuz It doesn't matter. Her gray death is just treated more like an understated trait for her whole edgy persona instead of a crippling condition (sigh)

Nor CON neither CUN are dumpstat whatsoever. Sure, if u don't go drunk on elex potions; u need to prioritize stats in order to equip a decent weapon of choice asap. And if ranged combat is primarily offensive choice, then CON is not gonna be really needed until you decide to equip armor (given all chest and leg armor gear available only give physical resistance). But if go melee, you are going to need CON for that stamina skill.

And CUN well, there are quite cool skills that have it as a requirement. And u need suggestion in order to advance to Legate rank with clerics.

Grimlorn

Arcane
Stamina alone makes 30 CON a must early on - that really changes your melee capacity. (Also, you can actually run around now.)
Yeah Con is a viable option. Not sure why people are arguing about it. I used it the second time around, just building into str and con. Best one hand weapon in the game has str and con requirements. Scrap hatchet (Outlaw). Axe for Berserkers. Same with the two handed weapon. Slaughterblade (Outlaw). Battleaxe (Berserker). You need 50 con just to wear the best armor in the game and only about 50-55 con to wield the best tier 3 one handed or two handed weapons. It's a shame that the third swing on two handed axes are bugged, though.

Recently tried the Warriors Sword, and it has a deceptively long range. You can hit enemies even when they're a bit out of range with that weapon. The heavy attack is also good since he steps forward a bit before swinging horizontally. Even though the two handed axes have more horizontal swings, I seem to be able to hit multiple opponents with the sword's moveset.

The game is just screwed up. You have to raise all 4 stats eventually. Strength, Dex, Con, Int. You probably don't need cunning more than about 30-40 for some builds but you need at least 50 for a Berserker to learn their spells. The way the abilities are set up and the amount of investment to get stat gains at higher levels discourages you from specializing and having unique builds. Everyone eventually has to build the same way in the end.

Gepeu

Savant
Patron
Shit! Upgrading your weapon lifts an enchant it already has! And I'm a useless Outlaw!

What have I done?!

Grimlorn

Arcane
Here's a pic of where the comet struck with fog turned off. Surprised there is a huge elex deposit down there and it's not actually cold there. I'd recommend playing with fog off. Everything is a lot clearer and it appears to gain you some FPS. When you're high up on a hill you can see across about a quarter of the map. So you can be sitting in southern Edan and see the converter in Tavor or the Fort from there.
ayot2b.jpg

Last edited:

Grimlorn

Arcane
I've never used grenades because I can't fucking aim them in fucking OTS views
I tried to use grenades once, with the motion sensor setting against rotboars early game. Throw some down then go to pull the rotboar, he just runs right past them and they never go off. I die shortly after. Never used grenades again after that.

i found all the map pieces

the disappointment is real :shittydog:

although finding the safe locked with the code in the 4 numbered pages scattered across the welt was not much less disappointing :shittydog:
I found 3 of the pages, which safe does it go to?

There's a safe in the middle of the Fort underneath a Radio tower. You can't hack it and as far as I can tell there is no number on the radio tower or nearby. No codes I've found have worked on it.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I found 3 of the pages, which safe does it go to?

In Xacor there's a house with a skellington sitting next to a safe. He also has a page with some stuff written on it, iirc sth like "I'll soon be with my 4 loved ones" - the 4 caught my attention, and it turned out to be a correct assumption.

Murk

Arcane
There's a safe in the middle of the Fort underneath a Radio tower. You can't hack it and as far as I can tell there is no number on the radio tower or nearby. No codes I've found have worked on it.

If you're talking about Elmar's Safe then..

Gunner gives you the code if you pay him shards when he asks for it, but it's not really worth it.

the code is 1337, yeah

EDIT: is the manhunt quest broken? You get all 4 audiologs and then you find the 3 idiots in the radio tower in xacor near the dark souls references. What else is missing? Who is this elusive chad?

inb4 virgin free people versus chad alb meme

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I also thought there would be more to that quest. Ended up robbing them and then killing them.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

this only enforces my earlier suspicions that people whining about the quest compass being "mandatory" are being deceived by the shitty fucking translation

that said however

medicine for nasty quest

:prosper:

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
It'll only be properly German once translated to Arabic.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom