Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Before playing Bloodlines with new optional Wesp's patch:

nosferatu.jpg

tbh Gary Golden comes across as pretty gay, especially the catty way he talks about the women in the poster emails.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Nah i am ok in rpg section,it is my passion after all. Also please take hint from the picture in my previous post mate. The rope necklaces will look fabulously around your neck. Also you are here from feb and have only 115 parrots.... yea you discuss a lot mate.
Most people prefer quality over quantity, you know.

You have been registered for Codex for 135 days, in which you have written 2304 messages. That means about 17 messages a day. Let's assume that on average they have some content and are not only stupid one liners. Let's assume that it takes 5 minutes to write a post with some thought in it. That means you have spent, on average, about 1.5h a day writing posts in here.

Furthermore, suppose you spend three times as much time digesting others' posts as writing your own - that would mean 4.5hrs of reading messages per day. In total, you spend about 6hrs a day at codex. Suppose generously you have a day job (lol) which takes another 9 hours including time spent commuting. This does not leave much time for gaming, does it?

Everything suggests playing rpgs is not your passion, discussing them might be.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Nah i am ok in rpg section,it is my passion after all. Also please take hint from the picture in my previous post mate. The rope necklaces will look fabulously around your neck. Also you are here from feb and have only 115 parrots.... yea you discuss a lot mate.
Most people prefer quality over quantity, you know.

You have been registered for Codex for 135 days, in which you have written 2304 messages. That means about 17 messages a day. Let's assume that on average they have some content and are not only stupid one liners. Let's assume that it takes 5 minutes to write a post with some thought in it. That means you have spent, on average, about 1.5h a day writing posts in here.

Furthermore, suppose you spend three times as much time digesting others' posts as writing your own - that would mean 4.5hrs of reading messages per day. In total, you spend about 6hrs a day at codex. Suppose generously you have a day job (lol) which takes another 9 hours including time spent commuting. This does not leave much time for gaming, does it?

Everything suggests playing rpgs is not your passion, discussing them might be.
A lot of assumptions here mate. I don't have day job,i do play a lot of rpgs because i have already played and replayed most of them. It is not like rpgs come every week,there is a decent one every six to twelve months. And it takes from 20 to 50 hours to finish it. I do like to alt tab from some game to read a few things on the codex every few hours. Another thing is that i have around 6 hours of sleep per day.

Is bitching about other users posting habits a quality post? You do sound like very condescending asshole that have achieved true nothingness in his life. What the fuck is to you what i do with my time and how much time i spend on the codex,don't you have anything better to do with your life? Judging by the bullshit math and the retarded assumptions,you must be a journo writing stupid articles about what percent of the gamers are cis white males and how much of them are evil bigots and racists. I am not here to write post that make you feel good. If you what that much quality post,then begin writing with yourself. You know that "One's best company is oneself " right?

PS:Have played more RPGS thatn you faggot!

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Is bitching about other users posting habits a quality post? You do sound like very condescending asshole that have achieved true nothingness in his life. What the fuck is to you what i do with my time and how much time i spend on the codex,don't you have anything better to do with your life?
They're just questions, fantadomat. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test designed to provoke an emotional response.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Is bitching about other users posting habits a quality post? You do sound like very condescending asshole that have achieved true nothingness in his life. What the fuck is to you what i do with my time and how much time i spend on the codex,don't you have anything better to do with your life?
They're just questions, fantadomat. In answer to your query, they're written down for me. It's a test designed to provoke an emotional response.
I feel dissatisfaction from your rebuttal dear sir. I wrote whole essay as an answer,and i hate writing long. This must end in the old fashioned way!
ElementaryThinCrocodile-max-1mb.gif

HansDampf

Arcane
Ok, now that I'm finished I must say, the True Patch left me rather disappointed. I expected two things: a mostly bug-free experience, and an otherwise unaltered version of the game. I got neither. To be fair, it's possible that I just got unlucky and that I could have encountered many of the same bugs with the Unofficial Patch also. I know the UP isn't exactly bug-free either, but I had never had this many issues in one playthrough. I already mentioned the "no hands" bug that wouldn't let me fight unarmed. Other issues include: Getting stuck in doors and being forced to load a save (the door wouldn't trigger the mapload). Graphical issues, holes in models, missing textures, ugly cubemaps (not a bug, but looks unfinished). Sound effects glitching out or not playing at all (ruined the Hotel). Missing NPC chatter. Music in Hollywood hub not playing properly. That door from "The Tape" didn't open, the girl just clipped through. Physics objects bouncing around at the start of a map. On some occasions the game displayed normal dialogue options instead of Malkavian. And typos, grammatical errors, several instances of your/you're... I don't know what the TP considers a bug. Most of this isn't game-breaking. But would it hurt to correct a typo?

I'm wondering because the TP doesn't shy away from adding new content either, like the new animations for Therese and Jeanette. After you talk to either of the sisters upstairs they will randomly walk around, take phone calls, work on their laptop, etc.
20170323224301_1.png
20170324223609_1.png
Why is this an exception? Don't get me wrong, I thought they were a nice addition. It's just something I would expect from the Plus Patch, not the True Patch. According to the patch notes these animations were found in the model files after they were decompiled or something, they just weren't used in vanilla. Maybe they weren't intended to be used? The notes are vague on this, so who knows? I could imagine a number puristic arguments against this if this were the UP. The point is, I'm having a hard time believing that a complex and hidden set of animations not being triggered is considered a bug that needed to be "fixed", but obvious typos and grammatical errors in dialogue text aren't. What's the difference between this and other restored content in the UP+? And why isn't this in the UP+, Wesp5?

Btw, what's up with Tessera? It's like every txt file has to contain a cheap jab at a certain patch which shall not be named. Visit Tessera's forum for technical support, and you'll find every other post of him flavored with childish insults aimed at Wesp. There is even one modded into the game. Wespoop? I don't know what exactly happened between the two or who stole what or who started it. All I know is that it is embarrassing, and it can be really confusing for new players who just want to play a vanilla version of the game with as few bugs as possible. As I see it, the True Patch and the Basic Unofficial Patch should have been one and the same. Why aren't they? This is just sad.

Overall, the UP delivers a smoother experience (including the setup), and if you wanted to play a truly unaltered version of the game you'd technically have to go with the official 1.2/Legacy version.

And Wesp, did you lower the music volume in the latest patch?

Delterius

Arcane
Tessera and Wesp are both very unconventional modders. One lead a shitposting rebellion in the World of Warcraft forums that caused one of the CMs to snap out of reality. The other is pathologically polite.

Last edited:
I'm wondering because the TP doesn't shy away from adding new content either, like the new animations for Therese and Jeanette. After you talk to either of the sisters upstairs they will randomly walk around, take phone calls, work on their laptop, etc.
20170323224301_1.png
20170324223609_1.png
Why is this an exception?

Because waifu. Don't look too much into it.

Modded into the game. Wespoop

What? :lol:

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
20170323224301_1.png
20170324223609_1.png
Why is this an exception?

Because waifu. Don't look too much into it.

Of course that is the truthful anwser. But it only proves that the True Patch is no better than Unofficial Patch when it comes to adding original content. Don't you think so, laclongquan ?

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Why didn't you take the sewer shortcut I introduced in the plus version of the Unofficial Patch ;)?
I looked, but couldn't find it.

It is probably totally obvious if you know VtmB by heart or know where it is, but I didn't see it until I was inside the sewers. Found the exit to Hollywood. Stumbled around for an hour more, got totally lost and quit.

And I think that happened with most of my previous playthroughs.

So, yes, providing the shortcut is very much appreciated, but you might want to make it a bit more obvious.

Wesp5

Arcane
And why isn't this in the UP+, Wesp5

I'm not aware of special animations for Jeanette or Therese. Did these look different to what other NPCs do? Because you can get every NPC to do common things like you mentioned.

As I see it, the True Patch and the Basic Unofficial Patch should have been one and the same. Why aren't they?

As you already noticed Tessera is strange and there was no way to work with him together on the patch, which he did offer me once, after all the insults targeted at me and my work.
Even being polite, there is only so much I can tolerate ;)!

Wesp5

Arcane
So, yes, providing the shortcut is very much appreciated, but you might want to make it a bit more obvious.

It's a submarine door build into the floor of the first sewer map in an area you need to go through. But it seems to me you accidentally left the sewers early and then didn't find the way back in...

HansDampf

Arcane
I'd rather have all the ruckus on the Codex than all forced politeness and hidden contempt.
The butthurt came from only 2 or 3 people. Other forums would have banned them to keep everything uniform. Where is the fun in that?

And why isn't this in the UP+, Wesp5

I'm not aware of special animations for Jeanette or Therese. Did these look different to what other NPCs do? Because you can get every NPC to do common things like you mentioned.
They are totally unique. Install the patch and see for yourself. Here is the relevant part from the patch notes:

Appropriate idle behavior restored/added to Therese Voerman, courtesy of Acrimonious and Tessera. Basically, there is a random chance that both Therese and Jeanette will exhibit one or more new behaviors when you encounter them in their upstairs office. They will no longer simply stand in one place like an inanimate statue. Therese may stroll over near the couch and take a cell phone call, for example. Or, Jeanette might walk over and start using her laptop computer. There are a few other such behaviors being added to the Voerman twins by the Gold Edition and they definitely add quite a bit to the immersion of those scenes. These animations were discovered after both of the Voerman models were decomnpiled and examined. As it turned out, there were several animations for both sisters that were not being triggered. So... now they are being triggered and they look very nice indeed. But don't worry... none of these new animations will interfere with the flow of your game. You can interrupt either of the Voerman sisters at any time and engage them in dialogue. They will immediately stop whatever they were doing and speak to you just like they always did. The first time you see Therese casually putting her phone down so that she can speak with you should be a fun event.

e: Or you know what, I'm not so sure they are unique. It's basically walking, talking on the phone, working on a computer and a pose.

Last edited:

SymbolicFrank

Magister
Ok, so I followed a walkthrough, and it took me a few hours, many reloads and getting lost, but I got into the Nosferatu Warrens.

And, while I remember everything before that vividly and am sure I played through it multiple times, I'm pretty sure I only got once through the sewers into the Nosferatu Warrens.

So, the game is superb at the start, but they should have removed the sewers and spend the time on fixing and expanding all the other stuff afterwards. Because it has become a drag.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
The sewers didn't take long for them to make, trust me :p

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom