Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Chris Avellone Appreciation Station

2house2fly

Magister
She probably wanted to get up close and personal with his muscly physique, but Chris would lose his power if he abandoned his volcel lifestyle.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
She probably wanted to get up close and personal with his muscly physique, but Chris would lose his power if he abandoned his volcel lifestyle.
Her husband was right there though, and he doesn't come across to me as the proud cuck type, unless they're like the villainous couple from the movie Cold Fish.

Cael

Arcane
And HR are a bunch of ineffectual idiots.
No wonder most financial companies don't even take them seriously.
HR are there for the company, NOT FOR YOU. They will do what your manager tells them. If the manager doesn't want you, HR will help them get rid of you. If you think HR is there to look after the employees you are kidding yourself.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
HR are there for the company, NOT FOR YOU. They will do what your manager tells them. If the manager doesn't want you, HR will help them get rid of you. If you think HR is there to look after the employees you are kidding yourself.
It is there to waste money.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Yeah, which is what makes their ineffectual idiocy all the more annoying.

Cael

Arcane
They are not ineffectual at what they are really there for. They are very effective. What the manager has is basically an expert in employment law at his beck and call that can be utilised to get rid of you in a manner that saves the company from any liabilities. All those employment laws and employee rights? Forget them. The HR guys would run rings around you unless you want to pay through the nose for a very good lawyer to defend you.
They are only ineffectual if you look at it from an employee health and protection, anti-harassment, anti-bullying point of view. They CLAIM to be there for that, but they are not.

Azarkon

Arcane
Hey Chris, do you hate Obsidian this much:

BurjKhalifa-02982_new_tcm186-85702.jpg

Or do you hate Obsidian this much:

latest

?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
They are not ineffectual at what they are really there for. They are very effective. What the manager has is basically an expert in employment law at his beck and call that can be utilised to get rid of you in a manner that saves the company from any liabilities. All those employment laws and employee rights? Forget them. The HR guys would run rings around you unless you want to pay through the nose for a very good lawyer to defend you.
They are only ineffectual if you look at it from an employee health and protection, anti-harassment, anti-bullying point of view. They CLAIM to be there for that, but they are not.
Are you HR? A tad bit defensive there mate.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
Even if he was an owner, from a "strenght" relations point of view, it's clear Chris had rly little power inside Obsiddian, and what he's talking about may not have happened to him in the first place, but to someone else and he just wittnesed it without being able to do anything.
I think he already said that in the big layoff he wanted to keep some guy and he couldn't? Maybe HR assured him "uhh sure we gonna keep X" for then just doing the opposite.

Latro

Arcane
MCA suffers from the classic "big man" syndrome. He's a big man, but everyone around him is so small. One small move and he can shatter the world with a swing of his bristly, 20in-circumference rope-like forearm. When you have this kind of power, you live in fear of other people. Fear of hurting them.

Chris.

I know.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
I really enjoy Chris's work and I have a lot of respect for him, but he talks too much. Instead of writing a text where he exposes the whole story, he throws little chunks of resentment at every turn. This is questionable and at least unprofessional.

Come on, Chris, tell all you have to say and get it over with.

Go fuck yourself, imbecile!

TT1

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I really enjoy Chris's work and I have a lot of respect for him, but he talks too much. Instead of writing a text where he exposes the whole story, he throws little chunks of resentment at every turn. This is questionable and at least unprofessional.

Oh, look, a child accessing internet!

Show some respect, kid. I'm just not your father because your mother had no change for $10.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

Oh, look, a child accessing internet!

Show some respect, kid. I'm just not your father because your mother had no change for $10.

2house2fly

Magister
The last few posts made me vividly imagine Chris Avellone loading up this thread to see what you guys are saying about him

Jedi Exile

Arcanum
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong
It's kinda sad that we are discussing here problems Chris had at his previous job instead of new games he helped to made. I don't think it was wise to bring this to everyone's attention.

Lahey

Laheyist
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
His newer work has been pretty unremarkable though, mostly consulting or developing lore. The last time I felt MCA's impact was...PoE...:mixedemotions:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom