Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

the interface/solid HUD threaaaad

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Worked a bit on an UI mod of mine. I find this pretty reasonable, any suggestions what I could do better? I would need Bester 's help to recolorize the Ability and Tooltip windows though. I have no idea how they are saved as assets in the game.

pillarsofeternity2015kjkxs.png

That is pretty cool man. Really like the portraits and buttons on the side with huge chat log. Can you save/export UI settings? I'm taking if you can! PM me or something :)
Damn, gonna have to take a closer look at that mod on my 2nd run.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Worked a bit on an UI mod of mine. I find this pretty reasonable, any suggestions what I could do better? I would need Bester 's help to recolorize the Ability and Tooltip windows though. I have no idea how they are saved as assets in the game.

pillarsofeternity2015kjkxs.png
That looks good Surf, but it's really uncomfortable to read text across an entire 1920+ pixel-wide screen. I hope it allows us to reduce the width of the log.

On a related note, is there a hotkey to switch between combat-log and dialogue-log?

The log can always be resized and fitted to your comfortability :) Thanks to Bester and his IE Mod you can place it where you like. I am merely cutting, resizing and adjusting graphics t he game already provides just to get a better "IE" feel.

For example here:

pillarsofeternity2015bxutt.png

mutonizer

Arcane
Patron
Yea but UI and Portraits really can't compare for me to side bars and prevent log from being wider in vanillia UI (well, unless you put it at the top but that blocks vision too much).

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Mods seem really trigger happy to move shit around these days :S

If I would have a finished file for people to share, I would have uploaded it in the Workshop/Modding thread ffs

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
Mods seem really trigger happy to move shit around these days :S

If I would have a finished file for people to share, I would have uploaded it in the Workshop/Modding thread ffs

Then make one! :P

Not before I get help from Bester for some minor details how the engine reads those .png pictures. :P Give the man a break, he and Sensuki did good stuff with the IE mod.

For anyone who wants to try it out anyway, download the IE mod from here: http://rien-ici.com/iemod/pillars_of_eternity or here: http://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity/mods/1/

Follow the instructions and put the files inside the rar file into your your PoE directory. (Pillars of Eternity/PillarsOfEternity_Data/managed)

Then, and only if you use 1920x1080 resolution, put this file: http://abload.de/img/karkarova-1920x10801eupt.png in the "franes" folder of the "iemod" folder you just put in there. Say yes to overwrite, I just took a template to rename a file since I dont know as said to edit the files PoE uses and Bester modded.

Load up a game, in the option files it should now show "IE Mod". Press the key to open the console, type in "BB" Now you can drag around UI elements based off of my or other UI shapes to your heart wish.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I would need Bester 's help to recolorize the Ability and Tooltip windows though. I have no idea how they are saved as assets in the game.
Can't do it right now, sorry. Karkarov was interested in it too, but I had to turn him down as well. The texture used behind the abilities bar is also used in various other windows, so if you modify it, an out of place texture will appear in lots of windows as well. There's a workaround of course, but I don't think I'll be the one doing it. To be honest, I'm pretty burned out, I just want to play right now.

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
No problem man, I can understand that. You did a great job already! Maybe you'll look into it later and if not, the bar doesnt look THAT MUCH out of place anyway! :)

Shadenuat

Arcane
Not the best thread but I was thinking I'd note that, if you're going to add Accuracy to PER, you're left with two options - either buff Deflection on Resolve to the point of Resolve being super good stat, or destribute Deflection between Resolve & Constitution, which would make Con a very good stat, yet Resolve a dump stat. What's your thoughts?

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I was going to try +2 Deflection on Resolve.

Not much point doing anything at this point because of how buggy the game is.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
So I finally decided to give this game another go. Naturally, I fiddled with creating a UI for the IE mod and thus necro this wonderful thread.

dN3iXjQ.jpg

6vnnp5S.jpg

It replaces Karakov B 1920x1080 but you can rename it and replace another one if you want. You can grab it here.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Why are the portraits on the wrong side?
:negative:
As far as I can see, the latest version of ie mod doesn't allow making abilities to face from right to left, so I had to put the portraits to the left.
If there's a way to change the direction the abilities bar opens, I'd sure like to know.

EDIT: Also I'd sure like to know if there's a way to move the enemy info tooltip offset to the center of the screen. Bester ?

I want to make my UI and am really lacking inspiration, so I enjoy to read these threads. Where do you get the textures, or how do you make them?

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
j5M4jR.gif

still not enough view area for fuck's sake? :)

saving the .gif screwed with the animation speed (should have been faster)

full resolution of the final state:

To this day, this looks fucking amazing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom