Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire Pre-Release Thread [BETA RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Sentinel

Arcane
not sure if anyone posted it but there's a Q&A Livestream with Sawyer at 4PM PST for americans // 12AM GMT for human beings

Flou

Arbiter
It's happened a couple of times: Alpha Protocol (early 2009 -> mid 2010), South Park (2012 -> 2014), Pillars 1 (2014 -> 2015).

Though half of that Alpha Protocol push back was due to Sega trying to dodge competition and then they landed in the same month as Red Dead Redemption and managed to release the game AFTER their direct competition.
With South Park how much of that delay goes into the whole THQ goes bankrupt and Ubisoft buys the game chain of events?

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
They were really confident about it yeah, but also... It's Obsidian

When did Obs get delayed-game rep? I only knew about buggy-game rep or unfinished-on time rep.
It's happened a couple of times: Alpha Protocol (early 2009 -> mid 2010), South Park (2012 -> 2014), Pillars 1 (2014 -> 2015).

AP delay was due to Sega, no work had gone into the game in the delay period.
The late-2009 —> 2010 delay, yes. But Obsidian worked on the game after the initial early-2009 —> late-2009 delay. Alpha Protocol was delayed multiple times, South Park too.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Alpha Protocol was in development forever. I remember seeing an advertisement for it on BioWare's old NWN site, back when BioWare was still an independent "sister company" of Obsidian.

Iznaliu

Arbiter
not sure if anyone posted it but there's a Q&A Livestream with Sawyer at 4PM PST for americans // 12AM GMT for human beings

Do you not check the PoE thread since people don't agree with your bashing of that game there? I say this since there has been a lot of discussion about it there.

Sentinel

Arcane

Do you not check the PoE thread since people don't agree with your bashing of that game there? I say this since there has been a lot of discussion about it there.
?
I'm posting there atm. When I logged in the PoE2 thread unread notifications sent me to messages posted after someone posted the livestream tweet there for some reason. I don't bother scrolling up. I trust the competent and handsome administration to have a fully functioning website.

Sannom

Augur
They're probably also assuming that the majority of their fans in the US have jobs, so doing the stream at 11am would result in nobody being able to watch it.
Who the fuck stops working before 4PM, aside from Spaniards in the summer?

Hellion

Arcane
30TqOY7bTb2b-MS6DpKdyw.png

Legit question.

Sentinel

Arcane
battle chatter needs to be reduced holy molly

food being used for resting as opposed to camping supplies is cool

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Hey nitpickers, they merged the Herbalism & Alchemy skills. It's just Alchemy now. Herbalism replaced with Explosives, a skill for blowing shit up. :cool:

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That Adam Brennecke burn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom