Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Beamdog working on a new D&D CRPG (cancelled)

Iznaliu

Arbiter
Actually, what I'd really like is a dungeon crawl based in the PST setting

That would not really work with the thematic feel they're trying to do for Planescape.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
I'm pretty pleased to see that my theories about the market potential for a Torment-esque game are going to be put to to the test. :cool:

Though watch as Beamdog releases a disappointment and the fanatics say "that doesn't count either."
I'm fairly certain it'll have very few of the elements that made PS:T what it was, and it definitely won't have the things PS:T had going for it. So you're right, it won't count either. +M
What can change the nature of a man? - Cutting off your dick and becoming a tranny!

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What can change the nature of a man? - Cutting off your dick and becoming a tranny!

Someone should make a game where the main character gets castrated at the beginnng and the whole main quest is to relocate your balls (of course the PC’s missing scrotum would possess magical properties: cast level 9 ejaculation of annihilation twice a day). I figure that would feel a lot more urgent than finding your mortality or saving the world.

Cael

Arcane

Someone should make a game where the main character gets castrated at the beginnng and the whole main quest is to relocate your balls (of course the PC’s missing scrotum would possess magical properties: cast level 9 ejaculation of annihilation twice a day). I figure that would feel a lot more urgent than finding your mortality or saving the world.
Bonus points for making you a complete dickhead and deserved the castration in the first place? :D *hides under the desk*

Kyl Von Kull

The Night Tripper
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I would buy a David Gaider Planescape game.

He's already had a warm-up: Cania of Hordes of the Underdark.

omg, Lilura linked to her blog: she is such a self-referential bitch - and a feminist and SJW, to boot!
:mob:

Holy shit, never was shameless self promotion so welcome!

I haven’t played NWN1 or its expansions, but I will definitely hit this up as soon as I can stop myself from reading your blog. Just when I thought I was running low on unexploited classics, too. Thank you for the public service announcement.

Seriously, it’s such a refreshing change of pace to read crisp, clear English after spending months rolling around in the open sewer that is the codex (no offense intended). Apparently not everyone with good taste in RPGs is a troglodyte (no offense intended)—who knew!?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
May not related to this but well why not, cross posting from D&D 5e thread:

WotC President Chris Cocks will have "A HUGE, AMAZING ANNOUNCEMENT" at Friday:

Avalon Hills has recently released Betrayal at Baldur's Gate and D&D official account retweeted this so it's likely about D&D not Magic. (And Beamdog liked it but itself does not tell much.)

Announcing 5e Planescape?

Cael

Arcane
I never knew the name of the president of WotC, but his surname is oddly appropriate given how WotC has stuffed up, amongst other things, DnD.

Sacibengala

Prophet
May not related to this but well why not, cross posting from D&D 5e thread:

WotC President Chris Cocks will have "A HUGE, AMAZING ANNOUNCEMENT" at Friday:

Avalon Hills has recently released Betrayal at Baldur's Gate and D&D official account retweeted this so it's likely about D&D not Magic. (And Beamdog liked it but itself does not tell much.)

Announcing 5e Planescape?

I Can't think of anything good, especially "huge surprise" good, coming from anyone named cocks.

Project: Eternity
Maybe you can quote the article; they want you to disable adblockers just to view it.
I blocked that message.

and tl;dr version

vbJf4cJzNkNPPDgcfrtsMU-650-80.jpg

Concept art of one of sigil factions.

Xeon

Augur
That looks a lot like LESS T_T's. Wonder if they saw it here or check it themselves as well.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
I never knew the name of the president of WotC, but his surname is oddly appropriate given how WotC has stuffed up, amongst other things, DnD.

I've seen him speak before, but always thought he was a little stiff.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think what Colin may be trying to say is that, through his connections as a co-creator of the Planescape setting, he knows something about this game (or expansion or whatever it is)

Hellion

Arcane
Or he's just reacting to the rumors of a new Planescape game by putting up a "Hire me, I know stuff" sign.

Last edited:

Rev

Arcane
Or he's just reacting to the rumors of a new Planescape game by putting up a "Hire me, I know stuff" sign.
Isn't he already working on Wasteland 3? Or has Fargo fired because of T:ToN's massive fail?

Fairfax

Arcane
I find that unlikely, given that Planescape sold pretty poorly.
I don't think the sales figures were made public. The reason WotC killed Planescape (along with Dark Sun, Spelljammer, Birthright, Ravenloft, Mystara and others) wasn't because it sold poorly. They thought TSR made too many settings and were cannibalizing their own sales. They decided to focus on FR, and only saved Greyhawk because it was a personal favourite of Peter Adkison.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom