Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Cyberpunk 2077 Pre-Re-Announcement Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Rahdulan

Omnibus
Patron
So what's the actual reason for the drop? I somehow I doubt it's "CDPR is difficult to work for" even if that is true.

Zer0wing

Cipher
So what's the actual reason for the drop? I somehow I doubt it's "CDPR is difficult to work for" even if that is true.
Maybe it's due to company can't even keep their secrets until game's release at least. Such as their shitty game development practices.

Iznaliu

Arbiter

I think it might boil down to just that; this breaks the mystique and adoration that CDPR has among many gamers, which is no doubt an important PR tool for them.

DosBuster

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Codex USB, 2014
Hearing cd projekt red talk about the game having online elements makes me think that this game might end up playing and borrowing a lot from Destiny in terms of its shared world experience...

Zer0wing

Cipher
Hearing cd projekt red talk about the game having online elements makes me think that this game might end up playing and borrowing a lot from Destiny in terms of its shared world experience...
CDPR CEO Adam Kicinski States “Online is necessary, or very recommended if you wish to achieve a long-term success.”
:prosper:

So yeah, don't count on separated singleplayer and multiplayer.

Falksi

Arcane
Online? Well fuck a duck even more AAA tropes.

Fanboys goona rim them anyway and be seriously butthurt when CP2077 is released.

Witcher 3 = Assasins Creed with more cutscenes in medival setting.

CP2077 = Assasins Creed with more cutscenes in futuristic setting. Now with more online focus.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2

Ha ha, whoops.

so there's no word on their forums, reddit about this video!?
even when it states that the game was dumbed down? lol

There was a lot of talk about in on reddit and other forums. But since it reads like a specific hitjob of Adam Badowski from some anonymous exgruntled employees, it is hard to take it too seriously.

On reddit? Would you be so kind enough to provide a link?

So anything that is critical and unveils shitty practices is automatically a hit job?
Maybe he should've contacted him for comments regarding the accusations but that doesn't mean there are lies.

NotAGolfer

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So anything that is critical and unveils shitty practices is automatically a hit job?
If it comes from ex employees that got laid off (or were pushed to quit so it doesn't look as bad as a dismissal in their cv) it probably is, yes.
So "ex CD Project Red employee here", even if true, is not enough to make me care about what they have to say, not more than any random shitposter at least.

And I'm not taking CDPR's side here, I just wanted to point out that you can't trust anyone. Not studios, but also not single individuals. They are all full of shit, especially if their ego is hurt.
:shitandpiss:

Last edited:

Paul_cz

Arcane

Ha ha, whoops.

There was a lot of talk about in on reddit and other forums. But since it reads like a specific hitjob of Adam Badowski from some anonymous exgruntled employees, it is hard to take it too seriously.

On reddit? Would you be so kind enough to provide a link?

Maybe he should've contacted him for comments regarding the accusations but that doesn't mean there are lies.

For example

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comm..._red_devs_speak_out_against_studios/?sort=new

If he had provided any evidence or attempted to contact them about it, I would be more trusting towards it. Or if he at least had some established reputation for breaking stories like this. If this video was posted by Schreier for example.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Personally, in terms of soundtrack, I would have liked to have something from Access to Arasaka in the game.

Sykar

Arcane
If it comes from ex employees that got laid off (or were pushed to quit so it doesn't look as bad as a dismissal in their cv) it probably is, yes.
So "ex CD Project Red employee here", even if true, is not enough to make me care about what they have to say, not more than any random shitposter at least.

And I'm not taking CDPR's side here, I just wanted to point out that you can't trust anyone. Not studios, but also not single individuals. They are all full of shit, especially if their ego is hurt.

From my experience the ex-employee always tries to put himself as much into a favorable light as possible while smearing his former employer. At the very least one should take comments made by ex-employees with a grain of salt in many cases.

Alexios

Augur
Patron

Fanboys goona rim them anyway and be seriously butthurt when CP2077 is released.

CP2077 = Assasins Creed with more cutscenes in futuristic setting. Now with more online focus.
Hasn't this been common knowledge for at least a couple years now? I remember hearing way back when the trailer was released that the game would have multiplayer.

Falksi

Arcane

Hasn't this been common knowledge for at least a couple years now? I remember hearing way back when the trailer was released that the game would have multiplayer.

I'd missed the memo. :negative:

Quillon

Arcane

From my experience the ex-employee always tries to put himself as much into a favorable light as possible while smearing his former employer. At the very least one should take comments made by ex-employees with a grain of salt in many cases.

Except in this case we don't know who they are(ex-employee A and B) so they are not gaining anything by doing this. And I'm inclined to believe what's in the video and seems its much worse than I expected:

Man... when will their hiring madness end? Very discomforting and suggests the game is years and years away. Either they are building an army of devs or their current devs keep leaving. :M

Confirmed in the vid:
Another wild guess: The increasing number of devs who's been quitting CDPR could be the ones who came to work on CP77 back in its hype days, were forced to work W3 in its last stages and then their work on CP got scrapped... hence all this nonstop hiring frenzy.

Another confirmation in the vid:
Took a look at the rulebook today... well, if they aren't gonna make a pre-defined character with a set class, they are gonna need some miracle many miracles to pull it off.

Tho I hope this isn't the case or they'll change their minds. I don't want another deus ex however better it will be. Character's not being pre-defined and all the classes it can be etc. was the main hype for this game for me even tho I doubted & still doubting they could pull it off :P

Zer0wing

Cipher
Shit, you again acting like a princess? Anyway.

Don't know about reddit, but at official forum, people almost gave up on CP2077 when they heard about dumbing down.

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
Shit, you again acting like a princess? Anyway.

Don't know about reddit, but at official forum, people almost gave up on CP2077 when they heard about dumbing down.

Your mom skipped on your daily blowjob or something?
Geesh! Lose the attitude, retard.

Nael

Arcane
I really missed all these wonderful ribs and jabs from the Codex's finest. Great stuff. Keep it up.

Keppo

Arbiter
This whole thing i can comment like this: XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

This is funny as hell, very sensitive ppl working in gamedev, CDPR hurt their feelings!!!! Someone said "fuck off" to them ... What CDPR should do besides "fuck off" to these guys, they should make multi milion court case against them for breaking NDA. With their attidute, these guys definitely were loved by co-workers XDDDD.

From what i read, the only good things from these leaks is that CDPR will divide multiplayer from singleplayer. So my hope is that they are developing two games that will work separately. Main singleplayer game with few un-important multiplayer elements which will be released earlier, and year, or two years later they probably will release something like GTA Online - but Cyberpunk Online - im right?

Sentinel

Arcane
wasn't the online going to be asynchronous multiplayer?

if they're separating it into a full experience then I'm looking forward to the insane shitstorm when CDPR announces microtransactions and stops being the good guys all of a sudden.

Sykar

Arcane

Except in this case we don't know who they are(ex-employee A and B) so they are not gaining anything by doing this. And I'm inclined to believe what's in the video and seems its much worse than I expected:

Except for getting revenge. :roll:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom