Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX RELEASE THREAD

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
allowing to begin attack while enemy closing in and stun enemy before their attack.

that sounds familiar, I can do that at lvl 8 even.
wow I wonder what it is

grenade-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqeo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt0k9u7HhRJvuo-ZLenGRumA.jpg

RK47

Patron
He should test and find out what makes Hand Grenade so good.
It's like the Best Grenade RPG 2017 ever.
I never used grenades like this in RPG ever.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
+75 poise, it was in that only guy caring about Elex enough to make combat videos video.

Personally, I don't feel that much and think poise damage is overrated (if it even fucking works). However, playing with 2 hander is indeed more rewarding due to ability to grab more enemies into damage arc sometimes. Sadly terrible controls even when unlocked do not allow to use that very often. It does have a bit more reach though, allowing to begin attack while enemy closing in and stun enemy before their attack.

Well, apart from staggering more easily, when fighting humanoids you will also rapidly burn trough their Stamina with a two-hander. As attack force/enemy Parry stat determine how much Stamina they loose when hit (80/60/40/20). Not that humanoids are the greatest threat most of the time.

Shadenuat

Arcane
I just don't find poise that super useful since there are generally 3 encounters in Elex:
- 1 vs 1 where enemy is a moran (don't need poise)
- 1 vs 1 where enemy is chimera (you better just kill it in 1 combo and take a hit then drink healthpot)
- 1 vs many where you'll get hit regardless of anything you do so you will have to kite and restore stamina multiple times if you are adamant on finishing fight just with melee. hitting multiple enemies helps, but they are usually weaker versions so you rather kill them than poise break them.

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
I just don't find poise that super useful since there are generally 3 encounters in Elex:
- 1 vs 1 where enemy is a moran (don't need poise)
- 1 vs 1 where enemy is chimera (you better just kill it in 1 combo and take a hit then drink healthpot)
- 1 vs many where you'll get hit regardless of anything you do so you will have to kite and restore stamina multiple times if you are adamant at finishing fight just with melee. hitting multiple enemies helps, but they are usually weaker versions so you rather kill them than poise break them.

That is sadly true.

RK47

Patron
- 1 vs 1 where you grenade
- 1 vs 1 where enemy is chimera you grenade
- 1 vs many where you'll get hit regardless of anything you do so you will have to grenade.

Zlaja

Arcane
It's ok to be an Alb.

:trigglypuff:
in game characters explaining how in game shit functions using non 4-th wall breaking language

Yeah, I miss that immersive stuff too. Like "hold the knife steadily and start cutting below the neck to skin the animal" etc. That was always entertaining.

Outlaws? No, thank you. I hoard consumables, not manufacture or use them.

0fxy30JgcG2pjUtSh.jpg

Elex

Arbiter
He should test and find out what makes Hand Grenade so good.
It's like the Best Grenade RPG 2017 ever.
I never used grenades like this in RPG ever.
so a sci fy games where grenades are easy to use and deadly?
where plasma, laser and futuristic flamethrower weapons are more deadly and easier to use than axes and swords?

Xeon

Augur
Wait, so the thing about Ray's brother being transformed and you help him with a magic word is true after all. That's kinda hilarious and weird in an ELEX type of game.

There was a bit about the world lore or something being similar to Fallout 3's or something. I kinda like that, I think even Witcher games does that, lore and generic world building info dump shouldn't be part of a dialogue, not everyone cares about lore. It was information and you could read it if you want or just check it for exp.

Really like the video, he shows differences between PB's games and also shows a lot of information about the game.

Last edited:

RK47

Patron
If you ask me Outlaws should've been military remnants led by a general.

Xeon

Augur
Yeah, that would have been great since it would given a decent choice for the Cleric quest instead of Nasty.

RK47

Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom