Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Biggus

Scholar
fq2IlRr.png

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
So...if someone doesn't do something for 3 days...it's abandoned?

Shams
Wiz 7
1,126 hrs on record
last played on Nov 11

And he's already stated he's not working on it(Grimwah). There is no might or might not about it.

Zep--

Diggfinger

Arcane
Interesting fact: Shams has 1,126 hrs on record playing wizardry 7 , he last played it two days ago.
On the other hand he played grimoire for only 15.1 hours and the last time he played it was more than two months ago...

You do realize that developers have a fucking development build that is committed to daily, and don't need to run a build for peons unless they are testing something specifically steam-related, right?

Your optimisim is so cute!

However, in real life...we have this.

Shams
iconGames.png
13 hours ago

I have been ridiculously busy alas... My wife is currently away, so I'm working full-time AND dealing with 2 kids at school, cooking and cleaning. I have barely even checked this forum.

Apart from that, I'm waiting to hear back from Cleve before diving into the rest of the work...

Shams: Cleve, did you send the check?
Cleve: Honest I sent it two weeks ago!
Shams: Hmmm...wonder what the holdup is?
Cleve: Give it a few more days...maybe a week or two...

Zep--
Can I understand you somehow worked on or contributed to the development of this game?

My illusion of Cleve as a one-man army is broken...
:ibelieveincleve:

Zenyrrah

Augur
Patron
Lady Error said:

The Wiki alone unfortunately isn't enough.

Here's an example from a steam review:

Lets take Strength for example.

The wiki states:
Controls a characters ability to penetrate armor with a weapon, force doors, lift gates and perform other muscular feats.

Well no ♥♥♥♥ sherlock, you don’t need a wiki to know that :D

What I want to know is:
  • Does strength affect every class the same way?
    I don't think so, cause that would mean a thief's and warrior's build are the same (as in a thief also needing to build stength to penetrate and actually deal damage)

• Does strength affect every race the same?

• Does strength increase the damage you inflict?

• If it does affect damage, is this the case for all weapons and classes?
    Is strength for example a primary stat for a ranger, who uses a bow?

• If it does affect damage, is this bonus damage different for the different attacks (bash, swing, stab,...)?
    I suspect it is. Why else would there be different attacks possible with the same weapon?

• It looks like it doesn’t affect the to-hit chance, is this true for all classes?
    In a lot of games warrior classes take strength as the to-hit stat. If it doesn't, then that would again mean a thief and a warrior have the same build (as in a warrior also needing to build dexterity to actually be able to hit somebody.)

• So it helps penetration. Is this penetration different for the different attacks?
    Again I suspect it is.

• It says: "It helps penetration with a weapon." So does an unarmed strike count as a weapon?
    Cause unarmed strike is a weaponskill in the game.
These are just some of the questions you get when playing the game and this is just one of the 12 attributes, there are still the 44 skills and I'm not even talking about the hidden differences between the races, like mana, stamina regeneration, etc

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994863890/recommended/650670/
I still want to play this game someday, but not in this state.

This kind of postings and others alike makes me wonder how people go through their own lives? Or did they get a good manual and never ever had to figure stuff out on their own?

Major Seven

Educated
Patron
The quote from steam were just a few examples. I played the game (bought it!) and in this state it's just not a good game FOR ME!
I'm glad a few of you have fun with Grimoire, but I better waste my time on Cogmind :)

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
During the busy November Daily Grimoire Update month, Golden Era Games even had time to improve the DRM whilst also giving Grimoire the extraordinary status it deserves.

Grimoire now resides in a super special elite section of the computer, called the Quarantine. Here only true ye olde school classics are permitted! No one else allowed.

upload_2017-11-17_8-43-11.png

upload_2017-11-17_8-43-36.png

PhantasmaNL

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria
Update : apparently the super-elite version of Grimoire that got promoted to live in Quarantine, the land of untold riches and good fortunes is in fact a save of the Official Executable as released by Golden Era TM.

I made this in the harsh times when Grimoire was true coldblooded HardCore and just made your saves unusable if you dared to have Steam AutoUpdate active.

So the Current Steam Version of Grimoire is actually not extra special. I bet Cleve build in some timebomb code that activates once the user does something which maybe pirates may do. Clever Cleve!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom