Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Boxart. Name your favourite.

HansDampf

Arcane
1454105564-duke-nukem-3d.png
Damn...

Melcar

Arcane
Yeah, probably, but it seemed weird enough to warrant a mention, and also if even a single person checks out Plok it will be worth it ('cause it's a very cool little game that not a lot of people know of).
Thanks for the kind comment and the Brofist :).
Would likewise Bro, but I cannot fist, so here

:bro:

I got Plok as a birthday gift when I was like 12 or something along with so other cool SNES games. Had some fun with it, but I must confess I never could finish it. Really cool music.

Delbaeth

Learned
The Dune 2 one. So minimalistic but still so atmospheric.

And on top of that, Westwood succeeded to make a great cover for Dune 2, with the difficult task to avoid too many similarities with the regular Cryo's Dune covers which were released only few months before:

81444-dune-dos-front-cover.jpg

23524-dune-dos-front-cover.jpg

Speaking of which, I liked a lot the cover of the collector's edition:

7583-dune-dos-front-cover.jpg

Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
That Deathtrap dungeon ad is awesome and would sadly never get the greenlight today

Speaking of advertisements: First person shooters always had it rough in Germany. A fact that companies loved to acknowlegde in the ads they ran in German gaming magazines...

Quake 1:

e8f6kptr.jpg

Kingpin - Life of Crime:

236295122_93cdc23848.jpg

The text reads "You can get used to that" and "In stores June - for a limited time only!" (a none too subtle allusion to the fact that Kingpin was a surefire candidate to get blacklisted by the German authorities and pulled off the store shelves - which it was and remains to this day).

a45321b2d89c6df9ec1363981ca0cec4--would-you-book-jacket.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom