Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

HITMAN, the new episodic Hitman - GOTY Edition

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Apparently they are kinda shit.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I just discovered that the bonus campaign is priced 9,99 EUR and the GOTY Outfit Bundle is 12,99 EUR. But - you can't buy the campaign separately from the outfits.

One question: why?

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Business interview with Io's CEO: http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2017-11-13-io-interactive-targets-more-hitman-and-more-control

- Sounds like Io chose to be an independent studio rather than bought by another publisher, despite interest from a number of publishers and investors.

- They would like refine Hitman 2016's "the digital-first, episodic structure" further. They'll keep the live game model for the next Hitman game.

"We learned so much during the first season of this game, and by the end we felt like a well-oiled machine."

"We're the first to admit we got some things right and some things wrong," he continues. "Changing our business model before launch caused confusion, and we had some tech issues at launch. While the episodic nature of the main story campaign received major praise from the press and many gamers, it wasn't necessarily everyone's cup of tea. What did really work wonders for the game was the live model.

"Frequent release of content, challenges and live events really exceeded all expectations. With every content update we saw more and more players joining. All of that content took a herculean effort from the dev team, and it paid off... We learned a lot that will make the experience even better for the next game in the Hitman universe."

- Hitman GOTY Edition is the first game self-published by Io. Square Enix will not get a cut.

- They also own Freedom Fighters, but no Kane & Lynch and Mini Ninjas.

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
If they do the live or episodic stuff again, I would seriously prefer if they always sell all the missions in one package. What I hate most with the seasonal stuff is the fact that they are selling a $60 game which has a storyline that isn't finished at all, if you have one season, make it tie all the ends to that one season and build upon the last instead of just doing a cliffhanger at the end.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was sceptical about the first season's episodes being released separately, because I expected that if Io take to designing future locations based on feedback, the quality would go down rather than up, as new locations would be released.

Now that I see that was not the case, I am more inclined to buy missions as they are released, or preorder, if there are some small advantages to preordering.

BTW, elusive target #1 - The Forger, was just announced it seems.

Last edited:

PowerTorment

Io-Interactive
Patron
Developer
PowerTorment Sounds like things are going well?

We are still full steam ahead making new stuff for Hitman. Lots more coming. I think you will be pleasantly surprised about many of the things.

That said, I don't think it is any surprise that things are tougher being an independent studio - as you all know we did have to lay of some people earlier this year.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Oh, a TV series!: https://deadline.com/2017/11/hitman...-creator-hulu-fox-21-pilot-script-1202206934/

‘Hitman’ Series In Works At Hulu From ‘John Wick’ Creator Derek Kolstad

EXCLUSIVE: Fox 21 and Hulu have teamed for a television series based on Hitman, the global best-selling video game from IO Interactive. A pilot script will be written by Derek Kolstad, creator and writer of the John Wick action film series who also penned the third one that will be released in 2019.

Kolstad will be an executive producer along with Adrian Askarieh and Chuck Gordon. The project will be overseen at Fox 21 by Bert Salke, Jane Francis, Gloria Fan and Kira Innes, and at Hulu by Jordan Helman. The hope is for Hitman to become a flagship series.

Hitman has sold more than 25 million copies since being launched in 2000. It centers on Agent 47, a meticulous and lethal assassin with a mysterious backstory. The character has been the subject of two films released by Fox — 2007’s Hitman and 2015’s Hitman: Agent 47 — and the intention here is to hew closely to the mythology of the perennially popular video game. The latest game is simply called Hitman, and it sold 7 million copies. Two more Hitman games are in development at IO Interactive.

Kolstad is represented at APA, Circle of Confusion and Behr Abramson Levy.

"Two more Hitman games are in development"? what does that mean.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
Oh, a TV series!: https://deadline.com/2017/11/hitman...-creator-hulu-fox-21-pilot-script-1202206934/

‘Hitman’ Series In Works At Hulu From ‘John Wick’ Creator Derek Kolstad

EXCLUSIVE: Fox 21 and Hulu have teamed for a television series based on Hitman, the global best-selling video game from IO Interactive. A pilot script will be written by Derek Kolstad, creator and writer of the John Wick action film series who also penned the third one that will be released in 2019.

Kolstad will be an executive producer along with Adrian Askarieh and Chuck Gordon. The project will be overseen at Fox 21 by Bert Salke, Jane Francis, Gloria Fan and Kira Innes, and at Hulu by Jordan Helman. The hope is for Hitman to become a flagship series.

Hitman has sold more than 25 million copies since being launched in 2000. It centers on Agent 47, a meticulous and lethal assassin with a mysterious backstory. The character has been the subject of two films released by Fox — 2007’s Hitman and 2015’s Hitman: Agent 47 — and the intention here is to hew closely to the mythology of the perennially popular video game. The latest game is simply called Hitman, and it sold 7 million copies. Two more Hitman games are in development at IO Interactive.

Kolstad is represented at APA, Circle of Confusion and Behr Abramson Levy.

"Two more Hitman games are in development"? what does that mean.
That they will be mediocre. Hitman will become like star wars without the successes.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PowerTorment Sounds like things are going well?

We are still full steam ahead making new stuff for Hitman. Lots more coming. I think you will be pleasantly surprised about many of the things.

That said, I don't think it is any surprise that things are tougher being an independent studio - as you all know we did have to lay of some people earlier this year.
Melee weapons that matter more? More significant differences and more uses for the various firearms models? How about weapons the player can assemble that are camouflaged as some other object, like in Day of the Jackal (the good version, based on the book, not the shit one with Bruce Willis)? Lately I've felt that the choice of a supressed pistol matters way too little. It's a pity so many pieces of equipment have only cosmetic differences.

John Wick director working of Hitman series? Not very exciting. John Wick was a mediocre film. You'd catch my interest with something taken from Tinker, Tailor, Soldier Spy.

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
I've played the tutorial/Paris for 7 hours already, can easily see getting at least few more hours of entertainment just from this.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Hitman short story eh?: https://www.ioi.dk/overachievers/

Overachievers

Overachievers is an expanded universe story written by HITMAN’s Lead Writer, Michael Vogt.

As an expanded universe story, Overachievers is a stand-alone tale, taking place within the context of the HITMAN universe. The team of writers at IOI write short stories like this as a way to explore different themes, genres and scenarios that are not normally part of the game’s experience, sort of like fan-fiction.

This is usually an internal exercise but we’ve chosen to share Overachievers today as it ties in nicely with Christmas and we think that there are many of you out there that would enjoy reading it, perhaps as you travel during the holiday period.

The short story focuses on the events of a Christmas party for a social media company. The youthful CEO has just taken to the stage…

Read the full story in PDF format by clicking here or on the image below.

AwesomeButton

Patron
For the first time on discount, Patient Zero is now 46% off.

Still impossible to buy the campaign separate from the outfit pack, which costs more than the campaign itself.

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Sapienza mission (and ICA Facility Location that previously given away) will be free to get from today to April 3rd: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-spring-pack/

HITMAN Spring Pack

Spring has arrived and it’s time to travel somewhere sunny! Your destination is Sapienza and everyone is invited via the HITMAN Spring Pack.

The HITMAN Spring Pack is a completely FREE download for anyone on PC, PS4 or Xbox One and includes the entire Sapienza location (Episode 2). You’ll get the main story mission, ‘World of Tomorrow’, 20 levels of Mastery (including weapon and item unlocks), more than 100 challenges, 7 achievements/trophies and ALL of the Escalation Contracts, Challenge Packs and Featured Contracts that we’ve released for Sapienza. On top of all that, any Elusive Targets that are re-activated in Sapienza will also be playable through the Spring Pack.

The Spring Pack will be made available on March 21st. Timings will vary depending on your platform of choice – but make sure to get it before April 3rd! Once you’ve downloaded it, Sapienza is yours to keep permanently and all of your progress will carry through to the full game when you buy the Game of the Year Edition.

You’ll find the Hitman Spring Pack either through the new in-game store or by searching on Xbox Live, PSN or Steam for “Hitman Spring Pack’, starting on March 21st.

Here’s a full rundown of what’s included in the Hitman Spring Pack; available between March 21st 2018 and April 3rd 2018 on PC, PS4 and Xbox One:

ICA Facility Location
  • 2 story missions
  • 2 Escalation Contracts
  • 40+ Challenges
  • 17 achievements / Trophies
Sapienza Location
  • ‘World of Tomorrow’ story mission
  • 12 Escalation Contracts
  • 20 levels of Sapienza Mastery (including 6 gear/weapon unlocks)
  • 120+ Challenges
  • 7 achievements / Trophies
  • Master Sniper Challenge Pack (rewards Jaeger 7 Covert Sniper Rifle)
  • Plumber’s Apprentice Challenge Pack (rewards Claw Hammer melee weapon)
  • Professional Difficulty Level for Sapienza
  • Future Re-activated Elusive Targets in Sapienza
*Please note that the HITMAN Spring Pack does not include any of the missions or content from the Bonus Episode.

Take a look at the (recently updated) March Roadmap below for all of the other content coming to HITMAN this month:

MarchRoadmapv2_NEW_FINAL-1024x576.png

Approach with Caution

The Guru will be the next reactivated Elusive Target and comes complete with two additional fail conditions. As well as eliminating the target and exiting the mission, players must avoid causing any collateral damage to two other characters. Make sure to watch the briefing video closely before starting the contract, and see our dedicated Guru blog post for more details.

We’ll see you in Sapienza…

Giveaway likely will be live on 10am PDT (aka Steam update time).

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
That's pretty awesome but I just wish that they actually started to make missions again instead of just featured contracts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom