Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Butthurt Wesp5's VtM: Bloodlines patch is the biggest poison in the RPG modding community

Baron Dupek

Arcane
why did u summoned me?

Severian Silk

But should rebalance tweaks be included in a supposedly bug fix patch? E.g. he nerfed stealth a lot, for what purpose? It's not a multiplayer game and the combat is not particularly enjoyable.

The last time I checked, you could choose between a plus patch (which has all his balance tweaks, and "restored" content) and a big fix patch.

Exactly. The stealth "nerfing" (in the original game you were already invisible at Stealth stat 6 and now you are at the stat max 10) and every other weapon or combat stat change should only be in the plus version of the patch! If I overlooked something (which of course is possible as I split the basic patch from the plus version years ago), please tell me, as I try to improve the basic patch as well as the plus one. I'm not a coder, I'm an analytical chemist who does this purely for fun as a hobby, so I'm the first to admit that I introduce the occassional bug while fixing or restoring stuff, but overall the game is a lot more bug free! Also if you checked out the list in the other thread then you should know that there are a lot of unresolved issues as there is only so much you can do by changing scripts and map files without having the source code of the game, which I wouldn't understand anyway ;). Actually I always hope that the current patch will be the last one, but then people stumble over issues that I wasn't aware of or couldn't fix before and work continues. As for support of the patch, I monitor six boards, this one included, because I can only repair bugs that other people report. I don't replay the game all over myself as I don't have the time for that and there are endless possibilies to do so! As for the restorations, with the help of some other cool people we managed to add seven brand new maps and expanded on two more, this is the most taxing thing right now...
Do you recommend the patch by Wesp? I hear some people don't like it.

Modron

Arcane
I went to the store and morgothed every game troika made and played them all to completion within their first weeks. It's a mystery.

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
But should rebalance tweaks be included in a supposedly bug fix patch? E.g. he nerfed stealth a lot, for what purpose? It's not a multiplayer game and the combat is not particularly enjoyable.

The last time I checked, you could choose between a plus patch (which has all his balance tweaks, and "restored" content) and a big fix patch.

Exactly. The stealth "nerfing" (in the original game you were already invisible at Stealth stat 6 and now you are at the stat max 10) and every other weapon or combat stat change should only be in the plus version of the patch! If I overlooked something (which of course is possible as I split the basic patch from the plus version years ago), please tell me, as I try to improve the basic patch as well as the plus one. I'm not a coder, I'm an analytical chemist who does this purely for fun as a hobby, so I'm the first to admit that I introduce the occassional bug while fixing or restoring stuff, but overall the game is a lot more bug free! Also if you checked out the list in the other thread then you should know that there are a lot of unresolved issues as there is only so much you can do by changing scripts and map files without having the source code of the game, which I wouldn't understand anyway ;). Actually I always hope that the current patch will be the last one, but then people stumble over issues that I wasn't aware of or couldn't fix before and work continues. As for support of the patch, I monitor six boards, this one included, because I can only repair bugs that other people report. I don't replay the game all over myself as I don't have the time for that and there are endless possibilies to do so! As for the restorations, with the help of some other cool people we managed to add seven brand new maps and expanded on two more, this is the most taxing thing right now...
:rpgcodex:
Dammit that is not the blistering response needed to escalate a Drog troll thread.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
9yN1cqT.png

Jack Of Owls

Arcane
Well, as you all well know (or should know): mods are gonna mod, and if it ain't broke they're gonna fix it. This is the Way of the Autistic. Please accept these people with good christian grace. They mean well.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Frankly, if you want to shit on mods for Bloodlines there are much better examples than Wesp. Just look at the 2edgy shit in the Antitribu mod.

Frankly, if you want to shit on mods for Bloodlines there are much better examples than Wesp. Just look at the 2edgy shit in the Antitribu mod.
is there a topic where one can express his disappointment to the fetid piece of shit that is antitribu? I shit better things

I remember there was a post by Drog for Vampire: Bloodlines where he copied Tessera's words on how to get a game where polygons don't get added on things as you go near them, but from game's beginning.

I've checked inside Tessera's patch but I'm not able to find a way to avoid the models getting more detailed when I walk into them. Suggestions?

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
I first played Bloodlines with Wesp5's patch. I noticed so many fucking bugs. I thought that was just the game. It wasn't until I played the TruPatch that I came to the realization that Wesp5 is a shit modder that adds thing even to the base patch. I don't like TessMage. The guy is a complete weirdo with a huge ego, but his patch is miles better than Wesp5's shit one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom