Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire Thread

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Alt Tab doesnt work? When should I play this? I like to wait for things to get patched up but 2023 is pushing it.
Play it now, but if possible start with the completely unpatched version and then update to the latest version after you finish the first part of the game (acquiring the first tablet). Make sure to read the information in the gameplay tips thread about character creation before starting.

ZTxvHDo.png

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Alt Tab doesnt work? When should I play this? I like to wait for things to get patched up but 2023 is pushing it.
Play it now, but if possible start with the completely unpatched version and then update to the latest version after you finish the first part of the game (acquiring the first tablet). Make sure to read the information in the gameplay tips thread about character creation before starting.

:O

Ok thanks!

mondblut

Arcane
Play it now, but if possible start with the completely unpatched version and then update to the latest version after you finish the first part of the game (acquiring the first tablet).

Why do you want him to start with 33% less bonus rolls and to stay unable to go through the proper multiclassing grind where it is most convenient (i.e. levels 6-7) to?

Biggus

Scholar
Alt Tabs works in window mode, not in full screen right now. V2 + Manual is supposed to be out by Christmas, so... expect last minute Burger King visits, if you know what I mean.

FFS, in a freaking WINDOW, you don't need alt-tab.
Not in full screen 'right now'?

So two decades isn't enough to code this monumental new fangled idea?

Talk about excuses. Unfuckingbelievable.

Cleve's looniness is a non-event compared to his fanboys'.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Play it now, but if possible start with the completely unpatched version and then update to the latest version after you finish the first part of the game (acquiring the first tablet).

Why do you want him to start with 33% less bonus rolls and to stay unable to go through the proper multiclassing grind where it is most convenient (i.e. levels 6-7) to?
I was thinking more of being able to greatly increase lethal strike, music, and some other skills before completing the first part of the game. But I'm not familiar with changes that were made after I updated to version 1.2.0.22 on August 14 or so. :M

mondblut

Arcane
I was thinking more of being able to greatly increase lethal strike, music, and some other skills before completing the first part of the game. But I'm not familiar with changes that were made after I updated to version 1.2.0.22 on August 14 or so. :M

Lethal blow develops all right (those who have it get a lot of physical skillpoints anyway). Music, bard can easily develop it from levelups alone too. Sage is fucked, yeah, with his 1-2 physical skillpoints. But if you schedule a multiclass rapetrain, there will be a plenty of skillpoints.

Lady_Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron

You post only in the Grimoire thread, so you're like literally only here on the Codex to shit on Cleve. You must be a hoot in real life, guy.

Unwanted

Musaab

Unwanted
How do we even know Cleve is still alive and that he didn't take the sudden flood of cash and blow it all on a case of energy drinks, causing his heart to explode?

Last edited:

Somberlain

Arcane
Zionist Agent
No amount of energy drinks can overload the supreme Neanderthal organs, unless you spike it with Coca-Cola and licorice.

May the Golden Baby protect the 'Thal from nefarious sap schemes and let the heavens bestow upon us the Second Coming of Incline, the successor to the monumental RPG magnum opus, the one and only Grimwah.

Biggus

Scholar

You post only in the Grimoire thread, so you're like literally only here on the Codex to shit on Cleve. You must be a hoot in real life, guy.

Well, no, actually, this isn't the only thread, and last time I looked, there were a few others here that think the same of Clive and his game as I do, so yeah, two statements, both wrong. Nice work.
I am not the only one here, and a quick look at the Steam forum will tell anyone with eyes sans fanboy specs, that I wouldn't be the only one there. You call me a hoot? I'd call me a realist, not a delusional fanboy. Holy Dunning-Kruger's batman.

Calvin is long past being anything worthy of more than a joke, it is the fanboys and their pathetic excuses now that make me smile.

Daily November updates. lol. Onya Calvin. You have learnt nothing.

Rpguy

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Shams has been actually making progress on the technical updates. They probably haven't been uploaded yet.

Among the things he's working on is alt-tab and fullscreen stuff that some were having problems with.

The Gog release will be glorious in 2023.

Interesting fact: Shams has 1,126 hrs on record playing wizardry 7 , he last played it two days ago.
On the other hand he played grimoire for only 15.1 hours and the last time he played it was more than two months ago...

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999268246

Diggfinger

Arcane
Shams has been actually making progress on the technical updates. They probably haven't been uploaded yet.

Among the things he's working on is alt-tab and fullscreen stuff that some were having problems with.

The Gog release will be glorious in 2023.

Interesting fact: Shams has 1,126 hrs on record playing wizardry 7 , he last played it two days ago.
On the other hand he played grimoire for only 15.1 hours and the last time he played it was more than two months ago...

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197999268246

Clearly he got frustrated with the bugs + lack of balance and rage-quit:retarded:

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Wait so Cleve isnt patching, rebalancing and writing manual now? I've been waiting for a uber neanderthal version like a little boy. Have I been a sucker all hat time? Not again.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual
Man, these daily November updates are killing me! I just finish one build of DECLINE..and an hour later a NEW version is released!

:troll:

Zep--

mondblut

Arcane

You do realize that developers have a fucking development build that is committed to daily, and don't need to run a build for peons unless they are testing something specifically steam-related, right?

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer

You do realize that developers have a fucking development build that is committed to daily, and don't need to run a build for peons unless they are testing something specifically steam-related, right?

Your optimisim is so cute!

However, in real life...we have this.

Shams
iconGames.png
13 hours ago

I have been ridiculously busy alas... My wife is currently away, so I'm working full-time AND dealing with 2 kids at school, cooking and cleaning. I have barely even checked this forum.

Apart from that, I'm waiting to hear back from Cleve before diving into the rest of the work...

Shams: Cleve, did you send the check?
Cleve: Honest I sent it two weeks ago!
Shams: Hmmm...wonder what the holdup is?
Cleve: Give it a few more days...maybe a week or two...

Zep--

mondblut

Arcane

I just happen to know how development works.

Having finished the game in its current state (and in several previous states before that), I am literally the last person on Earth to be concerned about its future updates. Not in 2-3 years anyway.

So? Regardless, he doesn't need steam build to tinker with the code.

Zep Zepo

Titties and Beer

I just happen to know how development works.

Having finished the game in its current state (and in several previous states before that), I am literally the last person on Earth to be concerned about its future updates. Not in 2-3 years anyway.

So? Regardless, he doesn't need steam build to tinker with the code.

You made it sound like (you think) he's committing builds on a daily basis, steam or no steam.

Obviously by his comment, he's not.

Zep--

Biggus

Scholar

GOLDEN ERA GAMES [developer] 38 minutes ago
Originally posted by DM-Spirit:
So shams or cleave what is going on with the game?
It is bulging and throbbing with win and excellence. Grimoire Reloaded will be here shortly after the manual is released. Grimoire is great now but the final polishes are coming.

It just never stops does it? REloaded? FFS, it has been firing blanks for 20 years. Grimoire is great! Remember that folks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom