Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Revisiting VtM: Bloodlines

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vampires cannot have sex (they can fake it only) so how can there be homosexual vampires?
I believe he talks about the history before the player turns into a vampire. Also vampires theoretically can have sex by "blooding up" their dinguses.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Vampires cannot have sex (they can fake it only) so how can there be homosexual vampires?
I believe he talks about the history before the player turns into a vampire. Also vampires theoretically can have sex by "blooding up" their dinguses.
That is not sex, that just allows them to fake it. They don't get any pleasure or other emotions connected with sex.
And he mentions clans and homosexuality, clans don't have much to do with it except maybe Toreadors.

Jazz_

Arcane
That's decline, I want a Fagarilla Mod where you can actually roll a sassy gay vampire, with new dialogue options, quest resolutions and all.

''did you suck him dry, kiddo?''
''I did''
''is he dead?''
''wait, what? oh gosh''

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
Whereas undead creatures afflicted with an ancient curse from God, wandering the night sucking mortals' blood are kosher. Glad we got that cleared up.

At least undead creatures can be good people. Someone with the mental illness homosexuality chooses to be what they are even though their illness can be cured with ease.

Cael

Arcane
That's decline, I want a Fagarilla Mod where you can actually roll a sassy gay vampire, with new dialogue options, quest resolutions and all.

''did you suck him dry, kiddo?''
''I did''
''is he dead?''
''wait, what? oh gosh''
That is so camp Toreador, it's hilarious :D

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
That is not sex, that just allows them to fake it. They don't get any pleasure or other emotions connected with sex.
And he mentions clans and homosexuality, clans don't have much to do with it except maybe Toreadors.
Blush of life causes whatever body part they us it on to function as if it were alive for a time. I always assumed that meant they could get pleasure from sex, but seeing as how they have no sex drive as they are a corpse, never really do it without some kind of ulterior motive.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Blush of life causes whatever body part they us it on to function as if it were alive for a time. I always assumed that meant they could get pleasure from sex, but seeing as how they have no sex drive as they are a corpse, never really do it without some kind of ulterior motive.
Problem is that pleasure comes from the brain, not the body parts needed for sex. Yes when vampires have sex it is for a different reason than sexual pleasure.

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Problem is that pleasure comes from the brain, not the body parts needed for sex. Yes when vampires have sex it is for a different reason than sexual pleasure.
Meh, I feel like you are thinking to much into it at this point. Not everything has to make 100% sense. The brain is also responsible for everything a body does, and if its dead how can vampires move about.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Meh, I feel like you are thinking to much into it at this point. Not everything has to make 100% sense. The brain is also responsible for everything a body does, and if its dead how can vampires move about.
Magic keeps them moving. But it does not give them pleasure from sex. Actually I think it is mentioned in the books they no longer feel like humans did, they more like copy the emotions and motions of emotions they once felt. And they become more monsters as they live longer.

Cael

Arcane
It is a game where DEAD bodies run around under a magical curse to drink blood... and you want to bring biology into it?

As a famous doctor said: It's dead, Jim. STOP OBSESSING OVER IT!!!

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
:facepalm:

Yep~ It's Wesp, alright~
With shit like this I'm starting to think that going with Tessera is the smarter move.

Because people were asking for it over and over on Planet Vampire, discussing making dedicated mods and similar, but never getting anywhere. So I figured I could make it myself and satisfy them once and for all :). Basically it's nothing more than swapping the Sire's model and some sounds during the intro...
I've searched through planet vampire and the only thread where VERY FEW people asked for it is this one: https://forums.planetvampire.com/bloodlines-modding/gay-intro-and-other-stuff/
but you have more people NOT WANTING IT there. Seriously, why would you listen to faggots just because 1 person asked for it? I'm sad to say but it seems that Drog Black Tooth was right unfortunately:

And you know, it's completely fucked up, the game was nowhere this bad plain vanilla. There was only one single game breaking bug in vanilla where you had to use a console command to continue. Otherwise it was completely fine.

Now this dude, Werner Spahl aka Wesp5, he's been "fixing" this game for over 10 years. His patch is already at version 9.7 (wtf). I mean, there is not enough dialogs and scripts to comb over in the span of 10 years. But let's suppose he's working very slow. OK, well, since the patch is 400+ MB in size I suppose tons of shit should've been fixed and the game should be mostly a smooth sailing. Right?

Nope. There's actually more bugs. I constantly come across all kinds of weird issues. Like missing dialog lines, broken cutscenes, shit not spawning where it should be. OK, I'm a learned man, I google this shit. And yeah, you sure come across various threads on various obscure forums where Wesp5 is coming out of the woodwork (or more like a knight in shining armor) and saying things like "oh sorry I must have broken it, add this line to that file to fix it" or "use this console command to push through" and "I'll fix it in version 5.6.1 beta 3, promise". And yeah, some of these threads are from 2010 or earlier. Shit's not been fixed yet.

Now, either this dude is utterly incompetent or he keeps on breaking things just so that he can keep on releasing more patches to support this twisted hobby of his.

All those forums, all those accounts. Where does he find the time to create so many accounts and promote his patch? Or maybe, that's his goal, to bask in the attention. To break something and then tell people how to get around the issue and get all those pats on his back for being such a knowledgeable fan.

If you had 10 years, you could fix everything. At least every single dialog file and every single script in the game. But nah, this patch is an absolute mess of attention whoring.
:negative::negative::negative:

Wesp5

Arcane
- Bloodlines already includes gay and bi characters. Basically all female NPCs are bi, Tommy is clearly gay and the Empire desk clerk doesn't sound straight either.
- You can have sex with a woman and a man during the game already and Troika had to hide all the blowjobs, which I restored, probably because of censorship.
- People playing the basic patch won't see this and people not interested in histories won't see this either.
- What a great community the RPG players here are calling gay people "faggots" the first chance they get.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
What a great community the RPG players here are calling gay people "faggots" the first chance they get.
Faggots aren't gay, they bitch all the time ("we want privileges because we're fucked up", "you hurt my fweellings, I'm sad", etc.). They're the least gay people you could think of.

Prime Junta

- Bloodlines already includes gay and bi characters. Basically all female NPCs are bi, Tommy is clearly gay and the Empire desk clerk doesn't sound straight either.
- You can have sex with a woman and a man during the game already and Troika had to hide all the blowjobs, which I restored, probably because of censorship.
- People playing the basic patch won't see this and people not interested in histories won't see this either.
- What a great community the RPG players here are calling gay people "faggots" the first chance they get.

Isaac registered on my gaydar also. The story with Ash...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom