Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You won't believe these games are not available on Steam/GOG

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Age of Pirates: City of Abandoned Ships is available on GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/sea_dogs_city_of_abandoned_ships
Note: it is somewhat buggy and from what I remember it (and the whole series) likes AMD graphics cards more than nVidia's.
Nah, it's more or less fine. There's also the combined mod at piratesahoy which has aversion that only fices bugs and adds a few convenience features, like automatically choosing to imbibe antidotes if poisoned when you hit X, and using M for maps.

Been playing it more than 60+ hours, crashed only twice so far, and no bugs I can notice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Trojan_generic

Magister
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Age of Pirates: City of Abandoned Ships is available on GOG: https://www.gog.com/game/sea_dogs_city_of_abandoned_ships
Note: it is somewhat buggy and from what I remember it (and the whole series) likes AMD graphics cards more than nVidia's.
Nah, it's more or less fine. There's also the combined mod at piratesahoy which has aversion that only fices bugs and adds a few convenience features, like automatically choosing to imbibe antidotes if poisoned when you hit X, and using M for maps.

Been playing it more than 60+ hours, crashed only twice so far, and no bugs I can notice.
Yes, for the current price it is certainly worth trying. I remember that this was the only game that could bring a blue screen to Win7 with an nVidia graphics card on my computer.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Isn't Gaia - The Fall basically Fallout Tactics 2?
nah, there is more than combat in it, I think it's more action RPG with pause?

Soldiers of Anarchy was an RPG in the same sense that Jagged Alliance is.
I don't believe either of them are available on GoG.
it's not on GoG because it's buggy game and people here start bitching if they found even slightest bug in the game which lead to GoG pulling out the game from the store.

Jagged Alliance? nah

Baron Dupek

Arcane
nah, there is more than combat in it, I think it's more action RPG with pause?
Interesting. I may try it out. I hear getting it to work properly is a real PITA, and my machine is finicky in its old age.
best bet is to buy game from ebay, it's called "Fall-Last Days of Gaia Reloaded" and it's v1.10, then you apply english translation from NMA if they did not purged their files and themselves already and you're good to go.

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
These gems also didn't make it to Steam (dunno why...looking at the 20$ category over there I'd guess they fit)

atzesezp.jpg

WHAT GAME IS THIS??

A game called Labrynth V1.0 by Lunatic Fringe Software. The internet doesn't know it though.
Mate, you do have a copy stuffed somewhere in the dark corner of your HDD, right? ;)

UPDATE:
Nevermind, found it with some help from a good friend of mine: https://archive.org/download/Labrynth_1020

Last edited:

Leitz

Learned
These gems also didn't make it to Steam (dunno why...looking at the 20$ category over there I'd guess they fit)

atzesezp.jpg

WHAT GAME IS THIS??

A game called Labrynth V1.0 by Lunatic Fringe Software. The internet doesn't know it though.
Mate, you do have a copy stuffed somewhere in the dark corner of your HDD, right? ;)

UPDATE:
Nevermind, found it with some help from a good friend of mine: https://archive.org/download/Labrynth_1020

I found this game on a really old shareware CD. There is a whole folder of RPG shareware games that are not really worth playing. Like....

nrpey6ki.jpg

Sizzle

Arcane
So Blonde, a pretty good (much better than the crappy trailer makes it out to be) adventure game from 2008.

Last edited:

Don Peste

Arcane
Added a few more: Star Trek: Away Team, Harbinger, The Lord of the Rings: War of the Ring, and Cops 2170: The Power of Law.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Don Peste

Scratches

7AF00E164A3C1388E5A9BBB8B81C1BA7D8D40FF6

Cybermage: Darklight Awakening

115621-cybermage-darklight-awakening-dos-screenshot-with-powerblade.png

Restricted Area

restricted_area-45.jpg

Paradise Cracked

604664-paradise-cracked-windows-screenshot-one-controller-is-dead.jpg

MissionForce: Cyberstorm

4%2FwXms.png

940179-damage.jpg

Last edited:

agris

Arcane
Patron
Paradise Cracked
There is a remastered version w/ faster hidden movement, various fixes, and modern OS support (?).
It's free, but I think it's only available in Russian: http://reality413.com/index.php/adventures/paradise
Yeah, it's RU only. Same with COPS 2170 actually, the developer combined it with the RU-only expansion, fixed up the code and some bugs, and re-released it for free: http://reality413.com/index.php/home/news/316-vlast-zakona-zolotaya-kollektsiya-remaster

zwanzig_zwoelf

Graverobber Foundation
Developer
Paradise Cracked
There is a remastered version w/ faster hidden movement, various fixes, and modern OS support (?).
It's free, but I think it's only available in Russian: http://reality413.com/index.php/adventures/paradise
Yeah, it's RU only. Same with COPS 2170 actually, the developer combined it with the RU-only expansion, fixed up the code and some bugs, and re-released it for free: http://reality413.com/index.php/home/news/316-vlast-zakona-zolotaya-kollektsiya-remaster
From what I gathered, you can replace the data files w/ ENG ones in case of Paradise Cracked and it should work just fine according to one of the posts from their forums. Didn't bother to test this, so can't confirm.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Previously unavailable at least, looks like Wesnoth is on steam next week. This can only be a bad thing in the long run, since steamcucks will likely cause the game to decline as they inevitably become the target audience. :negative:

Taka-Haradin puolipeikko

Filthy Kalinite
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Bubbles In Memoria

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I remember really liking Siege of Avalon long time ago:
UhcBhxP.jpg

TyPmmMY.jpg

FTaEMqi.jpg

But when I tried to find out why game is almost never mentioned, it turned out that complete English version barely (?) exists.
But there is Russian, with extra patches and top-notch translation. Odd.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron
The two Heavy Gear games aren't available as far as I can see

Cael

Arcane
Star Trek: The Next Generation - Birth of the Federation

Turn-Based 4X Space Strategy game set in the Star Trek Universe. Control one of five Star Trek Empires: Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian or Ferengi. Use diplomacy, research, espionage to dominate the galaxy.

95560-star-trek-the-next-generation-birth-of-the-federation-windows.jpg

Other games not on GOG:

- Mechwarrior series
- Command & Conquer series
- Diablo series
- Warcraft 1, 2, 3
Federation is broken as all heck in that game. You basically can buy your way to victory with the Feds, and given the Fed's research strength, they are basically easy mode for the game.

Grauken

Gourd vibes only
Patron

Turn-Based 4X Space Strategy game set in the Star Trek Universe. Control one of five Star Trek Empires: Federation, Klingon, Romulan, Cardassian or Ferengi. Use diplomacy, research, espionage to dominate the galaxy.

Other games not on GOG:

- Mechwarrior series
- Diablo series
- Warcraft 1, 2, 3
Federation is broken as all heck in that game. You basically can buy your way to victory with the Feds, and given the Fed's research strength, they are basically easy mode for the game.

That's basically how the Federation is in the setting in general, isn't it sorta

Cael

Arcane

Other games not on GOG:

- Mechwarrior series
- Diablo series
- Warcraft 1, 2, 3

That's basically how the Federation is in the setting in general, isn't it sorta
No. The Fed tend to negotiate, and they have the Prime Directive as well. Not outright China-style bribery.

Of course, that creates hilarious scenarios where you bought the Edenians and the Guardian is still there. If that planet is on the front lines, entire swarms of enemy ships get wrecked on a neutral NPC monster while you sit back and laugh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom