Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Completed [Play-by-Post] Magic World/BRP: "In Search of the Sorcerer"

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr advances and bows couteously. He remains silent, preferring to leave diplomacy to the bard.

L'ennui

Magister
Urash walks forward as well, and bows. "I am Urash of Kor. It is an honor to make your acquaintance."

As he rises from his bow, Urash takes a good look at the creature.

nikolokolus

Arcane
As all of you big folk advance, Moggle takes a tentative step backward and his whiskers twitch nervously, "Hmmm . . . strangers in a strange land you say? And 'Core" is it? I've never heard of this land, but that doesn't surprise me; all sorts of flotsam and jetsam gets washed up on to these dismal shores of late. Perhaps you'll find kin in Lankshorn, though most outsiders seem to find themselves in Dreg -- leastwise the ones that don't get collared by Lord Fragglehorn, or snatched up by the Cold Prince. Dark days my friends." He sighs and shakes his head before continuing, "Tell me, you wouldn't happen to have a nice juicy rat or a mouse you'd be willing to part with? The meager fare round these parts gives sustenance, but gives the gurgles something fierce." He pats his rotund belly and chuckles lightly. "Well if not, it's no matter, I've got a flask of good elderberry wine that needs drunk. Come sit about the fire and tell me more of "Core," but mind you'll be needing an offering for the shrine to Cait Dubh; a saucer of milk, a gold coin, or a tasty rat will do."

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Marcán reaches out a gold drake. "Will this do? I'm afraid we are lacking in milk and rats as of right now. I was also hoping you could tell us strangers more of this land we're in."

nikolokolus

Arcane
Moggle shrugs, "The ways of An Cait Dubh are mysterious and he is fickle. At the least you won't offend him."

Siveon

Bot
"That's good, anything else we need to know before you show us to the campfire?"

nikolokolus

Arcane
"Well what do you mean? Is that to say are you worried about mis-stepping and offending the ancient guardian spirits that haunt yonder cabin, or are you just worried about offending me?" Moggle winks as if the whole thing is just a big joke. "No, no. There's nothing much to fear. The Lankshorners don't come out here, not after Ol' Fragglehorn got them all lathered up to pull it down awhile ago and they got what was coming to them. Some say it's bad luck if a black cat crosses your path, I say it's worse luck if you cross a black cat."

Moggle bounds soundlessly over the green back to the ruined cottage.

Last edited:

Siveon

Bot
Marcán follows into the cottage. "Hopefully the spirits don't ask for more coin."

nikolokolus

Arcane
As you enter through the ruined front wall of the cottage, you look around and take in the shabby accomodations. Moggle is tending to his half-roasted rat and settling back down into a pile of rotted straw, and carefully unscewing the stopper on his tin flask. Along the wall that you couldn't see from the approach, you see a small marble figurine about 18 inches tall set into a shallow recess. The figurine is of a tall, slender feline sitting on its haunches. One of its eyes is closed in a wink and its tail wraps around a small stone bowl carved into the plinth the figuring rests on. Inside the bowl are a couple of gold coins of unusual minting. Also scattered around the base are hundreds of small bones and maybe a dozen or more rat and mouse skulls.

Moggle offers up the flask and invites no one in particular to take a swig. "So, tell me of 'Core' my friends. I'm always eager for a good tale and a bit of novelty to breake up the banality that besets me of late. What brings you to the High Wold during these unsettled times?"

Solon hisses conspiratorially to Rhenmyr, Borric and Mab before they follow after, "Do not trust this familiar. Cats are ill luck, doubly so those that can talk, I say. I sense treachery."

Grimgravy

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Rhenmyr nods at Solon's warning and waits for the bard to tell the party's tale.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Moggle sits back and takes dainty nibbles of his roasted rat. He uncorks his flask and takes a sip between each bite and then offers the flask to anyone who wishes to take it.

Poke Siveon Do you want to role-play Marcán's response, or just say he gives the more or less accurate Cliff Notes version of the story so far?

Siveon

Bot
Can I do a poetry roll/fast talk roll to make a small exaggerated fable out of the story?

Siveon

Bot
Marcán's poem embellishes others exploits/contributions to fights and encounters painting more grandiose scenes of battle with larger amounts of danger, but generally tells the truth of the group's exploits thus far.

nikolokolus

Arcane
Moggle shakes his head and smiles, "Wow, that's quite the tale. You lot seem a dangerous sort . . . perhaps just the thing to shake up The Brackenwold from it's languorous stupor." He taps his chin with an extended claw, "Perhaps men of action such are yourselves and I could come to some sort of mutually beneficial arrangement? If you are set on going into Lankshorn, I would follow, but I . . . ah . . . am not exactly welcome there at the moment, but with your protection I can conclude my business within and thereafter I could serve as a guide 'round these woods? I know many of the hidden paths and more treacherous places to avoid. Do we have an accord?"

Wayward Son

Fails to keep valuable team members alive
Mab, after a long period of silence wherein he simply followed the rest comes out of his stupor and looks around curiously.

nikolokolus

Arcane
"A 'gang' of unseelie and a . . . what did you call it? Hyper-boor-een? I'm not sure I've ever heard of one of those before. But funny you should mention a female prisoner. Not but two reveries prior to this one I did see a gang of Gobblers led by Duke Mallowheart walk by this very shrine. In tow, they had a dispirited and disheveled looking lass being pulled behind on a rope. I'd say she looked pretty hard put-upon. But with that bright red hair, I imagine she'll fetch a pretty penny."

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom