Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Super Serious Scientific Analysis and Critique of BG2:SoA

Cael

Arcane
Actually, Sentinel did come back in NWN, except it became a battle axe.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
There are a handful of people who know the IE games to their bytes. 1. Lilura isn't one of them. 2. None are so full of themselves.

With the demise of the thin-skinned Qwinn, the only person on the 'Dex that knows more than me about the IE games is aVENGER. But he's a modder/dev, not a commentator.

Like I said, 80 monocled write-ups in a couple years - and a dozen in the space of a fortnight - speaks for itself.

You are but a diseased gibberling compared to the greatness that is Lilura.

Jason Liang

Arcane
this is beyond retarded. arcanum had no combat pause. i just installed it to double check. then i looked up the hotkeys.
http://arcanum.wikia.com/wiki/Hotkeys
there's no pause, you utter moron.

YOU CAN SWITCH INTO and OUT OF TB, in the MIDDLE OF COMBAT.

TF is that not a combat pause???

Sure, they fucked up the combat pause, but switching to TB is still PAUSING the COMBAT.

What you're REALLY complaining about is that you can't control your companions like in BG2. But that was NEVER intended to be a feature of Arcancum, if you go read Tim Cain'scomments. But don't confuse this issue with the other issue.

Last edited:

Efe

Erudite
didnt enemies get to punch you in the face until its your turn when you do that? how do you consider that a pause?

Cael

Arcane
With the demise of the thin-skinned Qwinn, the only person on the 'Dex that knows more than me about the IE games is aVENGER. But he's a modder/dev, not a commentator.

Like I said, 80 monocled write-ups in a couple years - and a dozen in the space of a fortnight - speaks for itself.

How cute. Straight out of the SJW handbook: I am right because the write-up (i.e., "peer review") said so. The write-up is right because I wrote it.

I think we are pretty much done here with regards to showing the world how retarded (and with apologies to other retards) the kid is. Time to use the ignore feature.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
How cute. Straight out of the SJW handbook: I am right because the write-up (i.e., "peer review") said so. The write-up is right because I wrote it.

You really took that to heart - and now I'm akin to an SJW?

wvwX8Ai.gif

I think we are pretty much done here with regards to showing the world how retarded (and with apologies to other retards) the kid is. Time to use the ignore feature.

Oh no, I'm being ignored by a scrotumless Nov 1, 2017 newfag. Whatever shall I do? :lol:

d1nolore

Savant
BG2 had some of the most beautiful backdrops of the time and thus they still hold up today. I don't know what you'd have to be smoking to say that it doesn't age well. Sure the character sprites are a bit dated but still are good enough. The character portraits are still very good for today. Spell animations were ahead of their time and still ok for today.

Sykar

Arcane
There are a handful of people who know the IE games to their bytes. 1. Lilura isn't one of them. 2. None are so full of themselves.

:nocountryforshitposters:

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
BG2 had some of the most beautiful backdrops of the time and thus they still hold up today.

And who has given them treatment other than yours truly: Aesthetic Appreciation of BG2.

I don't know what you'd have to be smoking to say that it doesn't age well.

No one said BG2 backdrops haven't aged well.

Sure the character sprites are a bit dated but still are good enough. The character portraits are still very good for today. Spell animations were ahead of their time and still ok for today.

No one has said otherwise.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
For some reason Lilura is now searching for all my Baldur's Gate related posts and gives them "shit" rating.

What's going on :lol::lol::lol:

Did I offend xer by talking about SoA outside xer shitty blog?

Brancaleone

Liturgist
For some reason Lilura is now searching for all my Baldur's Gate related posts and gives them "shit" rating.

You have trespassed the domain she has exclusive rights to, thanks to what looks like a haphazard bunch of self-notes re-hashing stuff that has been already talked to death during the last almost twenty years.

Accept your deserved punishment and repent.

Last edited:

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
this is beyond retarded. arcanum had no combat pause. i just installed it to double check. then i looked up the hotkeys.
http://arcanum.wikia.com/wiki/Hotkeys
there's no pause, you utter moron.

YOU CAN SWITCH INTO and OUT OF TB, in the MIDDLE OF COMBAT.

TF is that not a combat pause???

Sure, they fucked up the combat pause, but switching to TB is still PAUSING the COMBAT.

What you're REALLY complaining about is that you can't control your companions like in BG2. But that was NEVER intended to be a feature of Arcancum, if you go read Tim Cain'scomments. But don't confuse this issue with the other issue.

Your understanding of game mechanics is about as advanced as North Korea's space program.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady

Two shits and one retardred is "searching for all your BG posts" now?

You have trespassed the domain she has exclusive rights to, due to what looks like a haphazard bunch of self-notes re-hashing stuff that has been already talked to death during the last almost twenty years.

Accept your deserved punishment and repent.

My write-ups are entirely original and there have been no Infinity Engine bloggers before me. This is a source of butthurt for you, I know.

Lagole Gon

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Pathfinder: Wrath
I think Bg2: SoA is a pretty gud game.
+ pretty graphics. They still look good. Maybe except Hell and some minor locations.
+ magic system is fun.
+ Irenicus is super cool!!!

What do you think, Lilura ?

octavius

Arcane
Patron

Tiax + Quayle + Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity = Lilura.

Cael

Arcane

Immature brats will always be immature brats. Best to just put it on the ignore list and never having to read any of its self-referrential crap ever again.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Tiax + Quayle + Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity = Lilura.

You've been buttmad for five years because I know more about RPGs (and the Amiga) than you do. You are but a xvart compared to me.

Best to just put it on the ignore list and never having to read any of its self-referrential crap ever again.

You guys have no backbone; spineless.

Brancaleone

Liturgist
My write-ups are entirely original and there have been no Infinity Engine bloggers before me. This is a source of butthurt for you, I know.

:D:D:D

Spoken like a true scholar, Professor Lilura! You are on the right path to become the number one poster child for the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
I know it's beating a dead horse at this point, but ok, whatever, I'll bite, Lilura.

Reading through your "aesthetics appreciation" article.

and the best part is? It's actually much bigger than it looks
in the northwest is the Planar Sphere, a massive area in itself
The Copper Coronet is also huge

So far all descriptions of aesthetics are "it's big hurrr".

Let's move forward.

This is where we solve the first part of the Skinner Murders. The Planar Prison is accessed from the theater below the Five Flagons inn[...]
The Shadow Thieves are based in the northwest and the Harpers in the southwest. Mae'Var's thieves' guild is central on the lower tier of the docks, where Edwin can be recruited after jumping through hoops.
[etc etc etc]
This is not aesthetics. These are dry and simplistic descriptions of what everyone knows.

You know there's a test to check for mental impairments where the doctor asks "what does the phrase don't put your eggs in the same basket means?". And a "special" person would say "don't put your eggs in the basket, what else!". What else indeed. You don't make a single transition from what you see into what it means, what it evokes, into any type of "aesthetics" analysis. The BG2 aesthetics are heavily derived from the Byzantine style. Any idea why, how, examples, how it matches with the music (particular choice of instruments?), anything? Nothing. Nada.

You call your articles "monocled", yet all I see is a child's mind obsessed with a game and writing literal descriptions of screenshots as "write-ups". They're not. You need to grow up.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Everything you need to know about Lilura in one image.

Look out, the butthurt Codex jerk circle is chiming in. For those who don't know, felipepepe spams his poorly-written cRPG book from reddit to the English Amiga Board.

You call your articles "monocled", yet all I see is a child's mind obsessed with a game and writing literal descriptions of screenshots as "write-ups". They're not. You need to grow up.

Nice cherry-picking. Now, go and read my retrospectives (that write-up openly states that it's more of an exhibit), come back, and try to cite one that is better. I challenge you, and all the other shitposters that are butthurt.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom