Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Screenshot thread

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
The xarquids can only spawn if you down and reclaim a Tasoth terror ship. They replace the dino weapons platforms cuz these can't survive underwater.

Stokowski

Arcane
OIA6pPQ.png

Endemic

Arcane
The xarquids can only spawn if you down and reclaim a Tasoth terror ship. They replace the dino weapons platforms cuz these can't survive underwater.

It was a Gillman ship. Tasoths come with Triscenes and Bio-Drones (land) or Tentaculats (underwater) as far as I know.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
oh, you rite

wasn't sure if it was actually tasoths since then they wouldn't be so rare - but lategame gillmen are so unlikely that it fits now

spekkio

Arcane
Jumping puzzles, anyone?

bseO1YV.jpg

:cry:

Fortunately, a tasteful rape of our enemy family is a prize for our efforts:

YR47rUo.jpg

yes.png

I love the crystal-crisp graphics (no bloom, screen-smearing effects and other shit). Plus, if something is "out there", you can reach it:

p3UravD.jpg

0gls9jI.jpg

:dance:

More jumping puzzles, anyone?

Z4nAM3u.jpg

:rage:

Fully-pimped adventurer:

JCfmz4W.jpg

fbf97981429150e0bcd17b582d7c9a88.gif

It's time to save the girl:

dmBsVni.jpg

And kill an evil god:

4vjjUb8.jpg

OFC this battle has jumping puzzle too...

:roll:

Anyway...

dzuO0pb.jpg

Chester proposes an arranged aryan marriage to reward Adolf for all his troubles:

zbzkinx.jpg

c91E6s6.jpg

:decline:

So in the end, Adolf is again left with Dogi... :(

JPTV9cm.jpg

7zZ1HWT.jpg

rating_rage.gif

ipeymvq.jpg

:salute:
leI0aFn.gif

1kNlbx0.png

/

wqxAuEN.png

:dance:

CryptRat

Arcane
Developer
Legends of Murder: Volume 1 - Stonedale Castle
ziuMhDa.png
0nLz4dJ.png
rKU3iLj.png
hYb7YEh.png
IINcrLd.png
VofvLJ6.png
spFilb9.png
VQt92l5.png
cGQ8R30.png
1eZDV74.png
4QVMSrb.png
5rEozbA.png
mdAtpUm.png
YA5jDPv.png
mEvAkf5.png
GfqLtnX.png
ngyX6MV.png
EWpCwCR.png
o2YlU3r.png
NjEJNWg.png
hO202Zj.png

Legends of Murder II: Grey Haven
p5UtpSK.png
muorhci.png
HX0IpxO.png
U9VhLVX.png
rPwU91i.png
VZdUW11.png
jc2FXbz.png
ljBzp35.png
8AjH0HD.png
nwtze4i.png
tM0m52i.png
JoDaFb6.png
7gPTEzU.png
dD7ndTB.png
R99MFYo.png
UDEVOf6.png
Xyfkg41.png
uFkwAAj.png
TkLf3jv.png
puJgRLR.png
RJ0eDJO.png
Ez5HsJv.png
QcgeJZW.png
eMF7Uql.png
3mS8RfS.png
dwsDALn.png
wDvle3K.png
OJNIddp.png

The games are two short investigation games with simple RPG combat and progression mechanisms. They are simple games but they are relatively interesting and unique, the investigation in a small contained place with few characters involved is cool with a nice atmosphere and the mechanisms are simple but they work. Overall I think the second game is a little better than the first one, especially because you have got a proper inventory in the second game while you haven't in the first one (the similar presentation is misleading).

Endemic

Arcane
Turns out it's just Gillmen again, on a cargo ship. I expected worse, considering how many DPLs I'm encountering underwater.

k3CAALw.png

Modron

Arcane
How painful was it to get it to run? Have really been wanting to play it again.
as per the following not that hard with custom installer which has apparently been around since late 2011 without anyone telling me.
There is (supposedly) working patch for Blade Runner to make it run in modern computers:
https://www.replaying.de/files/blade-runner-patch-windows-vista-7-8-x64/
Even worked on the dvd version I had thought I was going to have to dl the 4 disc version.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
How painful was it to get it to run? Have really been wanting to play it again.
as per the following not that hard with custom installer which has apparently been around since late 2011 without anyone telling me.
There is (supposedly) working patch for Blade Runner to make it run in modern computers:
https://www.replaying.de/files/blade-runner-patch-windows-vista-7-8-x64/
Even worked on the dvd version I had thought I was going to have to dl the 4 disc version.
Yeah that patch at replaying did the trick. Don't forget to get the HDFRAMES.DAT file too.

Also DX WND is a great tool to make old games work in a window and stretch it to full screen borderless. Not having to deal with constant resolution changes that fuck up your desktop is a great relief.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom